Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Article Settings Issue

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

For the current project, we are setting the knowledge article and we already did the configuration following the knowledge article building block.

But unfortunately, after creating knowledge article document, the created cannot be search.

I tried to run t-code CRMC_SAF_TOOL and found there is error in Check Index Existence.

(see attachment: "CRMC_IC_TOOL 1.png")

I tried to solved it by double click the error and click button guide -> next -> complete but the error still there.

Kindly please help to solve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Eddhie Kurnianto

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddhie

Do you have a TREX system in your landscape, check with your Basis Team.

From memory I believe this is mandatory for Knowledge Articles

Regards

Arden

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thank you for the responds.

Based information from our Basis Team, we have TREX system in our SAP CRM.

And in SM59, there is an TCP/IP RFC Connection with name TREX, so I assume it has.

But I still do not know whether the TREX has been configured properly or not.

Last time I tried to follow Gregor Wolf post to configured the TREX (Enable full text search using TREX (Embedded Search - Enterprise Search) - CRM - SCN Wiki).

Is there anyway to check whether the configuration of TREX has been done properly or not?

Beside that, when I tried to use report ESH_TEST_SEARCH to test, the report does not give any result.

Kindly please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Eddhie Kurnianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddhie

Believe the Embedded Search is a slightly different feature available in TREX. It assists with searches on Business Partners, etc. Not 100% Sure what it's for Knowledge Article.

Take at look at Best Practice Guide C35: CRM Interaction Center Inquiry and Complaint Management. It has the steps you need.

Regards

Arden

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have check the building block you mentioned (C35 Interaction Center for Inquiry and Complaint Management) in part "Configuring Knowledge Based" and the steps there are exactly same with steps in building block I read before except in step "Configuring Compilation".

I have tried to follow the steps in C35, but in t-code CRMC_SAF_TOOL still give the same error in check index existence.

I have read some other reference in SCN and found that index in TREX need to be created first.

Right now I am not sure whether it has already created or not.

Do you have any idea where I can check it?

Kindly please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Eddhie Kurnianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddhie

Try connecting to the TREX Server, perform login via the SM59 Connection.

Then run transaction: TREXADMIN.

You may need some help from your Basis Team if they've not set-up the environment correctly.

Regards

Arden

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

It seems that I cannot use that way since the RFC connection defined for TREX is TCP/IP not ABAP one.

I will try to communicate this issue with BASIS team.

Thank you Arden.

Best Regards

Eddhie Kurnianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

That might be the issue.

If you cannot connect via SM59, how can you expect the Knowledge Article process to do so.

I think you need to get the Basis Team involved,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually try running TREXADMIN on the CRM Client, sorry it's been a while since I worked with TREX have forgotten a few steps

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thank you for the information.

Could you kindly please help to guide me what need to be done in t-code TREXADMIN for checking and/or solving the missing index issue?

Kindly please help.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Eddhie Kurnianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddhie

First question is what happens once you run transaction TREXADMIN?

Do you land on the TREX Server, check bottom right of the SAP GUI Screen...are you still on the CRM system or the TREX Server?

Regards

Arden

former_member184067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

It is still on the CRM.

Should I land on the TREX Server?

Best Regards

Eddhie Kurnianto