Enterprise Architecture Discussions
Join the conversation in the SAP Enterprise Architecture group! Participate in discussions about all things enterprise architecture, or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleared SAP EA Certification

ehsgurp
Explorer

Hi Friends,
I cleared the "SAP Enterprise Architect" certification on July 23rd.  My reflections on this exam were that it's well designed and on the harder side. Pay attention to the published pdf guide including the knowledge base articles that are included in it.  Follow the below
1) Understand the SAP Framework - Since it's based on Togaf, reading a book or watching some online videos (Knotion Togaf 9 training video part 1 of 10 - YouTube)  would be handy. After that, read the SAP EA methodology blog with the visual.  

2) Artifacts and their applicability to business scenarios - EA is about aligning IT investments to business. EA would  focus, initially, on understanding the vision, drivers, external context and changing business model. They extract the ABB (conceptual architecture building blocks) required to enable business imperative and then map them to the technology specific/aware SBB(Solution Architecture Building Blocks). This is where the SAP Business and Solution Reference architectures comes in very handy.

3) SAP Reference architectures including its content meta-model (Capability, Process, Data, Role), and an understanding of SAP's ADM. 

4.) SAP Tech Strategies/Direction alignment - Understand and apply Clear Core, BTP, Extension approach  concepts around the "One unified Office principle" which includes guidance around how do create space for business model innovation by keeping core clean and building apps, extensions, integrations using the BTP platform.

If you are curious, my background was in EA and have been using  ADM(Architecture Development Methodology)/business architecture since 2013. 

Thanks

Update - Based on community feedback received 

Hi 
If there is enough interest, I could capture my lessons and 10 plus years of Enterprise architecture experience in a YouTube channel. If we have15-20 people who voted yes, I would be happy to spend time sharing my skills for the broader benefit of EA community in SAP.

Quick community  survey https://forms.gle/TyUkQ8yaZnTZbMdc9

39 REPLIES 39

VictorHo
Participant

Congratulation @ehsgurp ,

But you mean the "SAP EA" certificate right? Why "salesforce" here?

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The discussion topic has been updated.

Senior Enterprise Architect
SAP Canada

ehsgurp
Explorer

It was a typo. I meant SAP Enterprise Architect.

Rene_de_Daniel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Congratulations @ehsgurp 

And thanks a lot for sharing your insights and experience.

I can second this. This exam was tough as nails 🙂

Would also recommend the further readings provided in the exam guide, i.e. clean-core strategy.

Best of luck to anyone shooting for it and well done SAP folks on designing this certification!

missy_sap143_
Explorer

Well Done on your well deserved achievement!

spec89
Discoverer

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience

rajeshps
Participant

@ehsgurp Kudos thats great. I'm attempting this year please help with the links/blogs to learn

Thanks in advance!

Hi 
If there is enough interest, I could capture my lessons and 10 plus years of Enterprise architecture experience in a YouTube channel. If we have15-20 people who voted yes, I would be happy to spend time sharing my skills for the broader benefit of EA community in SAP.

Quick community  survey https://forms.gle/TyUkQ8yaZnTZbMdc9

It’s an absolute YES!

0 Kudos

True every one is passionate about it 🙂

MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Can you go in and edit the title of this discussion so that it does not have SalesForce in the title? It is misleading people. Thanks!

Senior Enterprise Architect
SAP Canada

It has been updated a while ago . Not sure if it is due to folks replying or some caching issue...
Thanks!

rajeshps
Participant

@ehsgurp Did you receive the votes 🙂

Requesting you to please start the  knowledge / learning for the broader benefit of EA community in SAP.

Thankyou!

As someone who is a business major with no technical background/experience, would you recommend that I start here with EA? I am up for the journey but I am wondering if it’s realistic or if I need to start somewhere else? 

thanks in advance 

I would agree with Paul. Business Architecture might be the best way for you to enter this filed. Think of Business architecture as a combination of understanding the organization strategy (Porters 5 forces analysis), SWOT, PESTEL analysis and coming up with a value chain that converts the raw material into compelling product/valueproposition using the durable competitive advatage (maybe its technology, maybe its human resources  or combination). 

Business Architecture is the genesis for all EA work because we cant align IT investments with Business without it. I had finished my MBA recently and it did help improve my understanding of business. 
One recommendation is to start with the folloiwing BA architecture certification
https://www.businessarchitectureguild.org/

I am thinking about where to start...Would you have any specific topic that you want me to cover or just go by my prepration and experience

@ehsgurp Requesting you to please cover in elucidate it would be really great for all members and along with preparations and experiences. So that we can clear the exam 🙂

Start with Togaf Vision and Business Architecture phases. After that add in the SAP EA Framework's Business Architecture artifacts like Stakeholder Map, Business Stratgey Map, Solution Context, Solution Concept, Organization Map, Business Roles, Business Capabilities, Business Model Canvas, Footprint etc,

Awaiting for some learning/ training documents/ videos 

It’s around 12 votes. I was working on SAP Design thinking and just cleared it a couple of days ago. 

Design thinking add the human and innovation lens. IMHO, it’s a great lens to add to engineering and business lens of enterprise architects. 

0 Kudos

Wow rocking thats great. I wanted to somehow complete this SAP EA one 😞 it is a big milestone for me @ehsgurp 

0 Kudos

@ehsgurp Sure thanks alot  and i'm follwoing the youtube videos for togaf vision:) I have already started and eager to know vote count now ?  Now what is the vote count and looks like all are eager to learn from your experience and crack it.

@missy_sap143_  if you have any reference documents please share the link to learn for EA cert. Advance thanks!

It has been 8 votes requesting for it.

PaulKurchina
Active Participant

It all depends on what you are looking for to do

There are a number of paths 

Have you thought about learning more about Business Architecture. 

Feel free to connect with my on linkedin as well. 

Whynde is someone that is great to follow 

http://linkedin.com/in/whynde-kuehn

missy_sap143_
Explorer

Hi PaulKurchina

May you please leave your linkedin link as well.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Would you kindly share any advice/resources on where one could possibly start with learning business architecture, and the recommended certification to solidify my understanding?

Thank you for your comment & lending a helping hand.

Regards

Here you go feel free to connect and reach ou

http://linkedin.com/in/paulkurchina

0 Kudos

@PaulKurchina @missy_sap143_ Thanks alot. I'm keen to complete this certification and pretty much interested in SAP Enterprise Architect role and ready to challenge. This will really give me a good line rate and great knowledge.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Just wanted to check for this certification exam;is attending the training is mandatory ?or can we write exam by self study and experience?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Atul

Training is not mandatory but I think it would b e very helpful if the domain of Togaf and Enterprise Architecture is new to you.

Regards

Gurpreet

GJASPALADL
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
Not sure if its just me but the YouTube link is not working. Replied to the survey and eager to learn more from your experience.

GJASPALADL_0-1697090161905.png

0 Kudos

@GJASPALADL Please share the learning link. Thanks!

Samblr
Discoverer

Thanks @ehsgurp for this post. very helpful.

Wanted to check with you & other here if there is a link to a good set of mock questions/answers to prepare for the certification?

rajeshps
Participant
0 Kudos

@ehsgurp Please share us the blog or youtube link if you have got the necessary votes. Thanks!

0 Kudos

@ehsgurp  any luck in sharing your insights 🙂

rajeshps
Participant
0 Kudos

@ehsgurp Do we have negative marking? and is the choice type of questions and what is cutoffmark?

jhorarraj
Explorer

Hi @ehsgurp Can we have discussion over this as I am attempting this exam soon.

Please provide your Linkedin profile so I can connect.

Samblr
Discoverer

Hey guys.. cleared the "SAP Enterprise Architect" certification on Dec 10th. Tough one to crack for sure.

rajeshps
Participant
0 Kudos

@Samblr @jhorarraj i could like to connect with you and I have my cert exam next week. Please ping onbelownumb

Regards,

Rajesh PS

+91-7760262915