Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Leave Request

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am encountering a problem in Leave Workflow. Here the Workflow is 3 level .

If any Employee applies leave form ESS Leave request task will go1st leave of Approver .If he/ she approves the Leave it ill updated in IT2001 else if this 1st leave of approver has not taken any on action for 2 working days that leave request will move to 2nd level of approver once he/she approves it will update in IT2001 else if this 2nd leave of approver has not taken any on action for 2 working days that leave request will move to HR and Hr should Updated.

Here the Problem is the Leave request task is moving from 1st level approver Inbox to 2nd level approver Inbox after 2 working days but, when we check the Pending leave requests with 1st leave approver using the Report "RPTARQAPP" still the request is laying with him.

Please help me solve these issues.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain how have you created the steps in the workflow please for mutlitple approvals.

I need to know the sequencing of steps to analyse the problem.

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am encountering a problem in Leave Workflow. Here the Workflow is 3 levels.

1. Employee Applies for Leave in ESS

2. Leave request goes to 1st leave approver

3. If it is approved it will update Infotype 2001

4. If the Approver did not act on the request for 2 working days, request will be forwarded to the 2nd approver

5. If it is approved it will update Infotype 2001

6. If the Approver did not act on the request for 2 working days, request will be forwarded to the HR

7. HR should update Infotype 2001

we made a copy of the standard leave workflow

made changes in the workflow so that the work item to send to 2nd approver if 1st level of approver has not acted for 2 working days .

Basically we have added a rule in the approval process step which calculates the 2nd level approver also.

Now the work item goes to the next approver and the new approver is able to see the work item in his inbox.

Here the Problem is

the Leave request task is moving from 1st level approver Inbox to 2nd level approver Inbox after 2 working days

but, when we check the Pending leave requests with 1st leave approver and 2nd level approver using the Report "RPTARQAPP" for both of them

it is showing pending with them.

This is becoz, when i see the workflow container log from the sender's outbox,

the table REQ->N_PROCESSOR still shows the 1st manager details(instead of the 2nd approver details).

So the work item details are stored in the PTREQ_HEADER table with the actor id of the old line manager details.

That is why even though the new approver is getting the work item, same request is also showing for 1st level approver.

When 1st level approver click an other leave work item a screen with list request pending with him will apiaries in that request which is moved to next level also appearing. (as it tries to search the PTREQ_HEADER table with the pending actor id with him .

How can we solve this, Please give your valuable inputs on this...

Please help me solve these issues.

Kindly advice