Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Leave Request

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am encountering a problem in Leave Workflow. Here the Workflow is 3 level .

If any Employee applies leave form ESS Leave request task will go1st leave of Approver .If he/ she approves the Leave it ill updated in IT2001 else if this 1st leave of approver has not taken any on action for 2 working days that leave request will move to 2nd level of approver once he/she approves it will update in IT2001 else if this 2nd leave of approver has not taken any on action for 2 working days that leave request will move to HR and Hr should Updated.

Here the Problem is the Leave request task is moving from 1st level approver Inbox to 2nd level approver Inbox after 2 working days but, when we check the Pending leave requests with 1st leave approver using the Report "RPTARQAPP" still the request is laying with him.

Please help me solve these issues.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using deadline monitoring to move the request to second approver if the first approver doesn't take any action for 2 days?

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

i am deleting the worktiem form the 1st approver once deadline is reached in mean time when any other employee raise a leave request

if it send to same approver when that approver is trying to approve new request when he click the worktem in UWL new request a window will open with list of leave request pending with him in that list the request which is allready moved form his inbox is also appearing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are using an application that shows you the request that is there in the application table.

The problem you are facing is that your first workitem is not getting deleted logically and because of that this reference is there in the leave approval application.

Canyou please confirm if you are using deadline monitoring only.

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using Deadline monitoring only to move leave request from one level to next level.

when i see the workflow container log from the sender's outbox,

the table REQ->N_PROCESSOR still shows the 1st manager details.

Edited by: saikumar B on May 22, 2008 2:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

does PTREQ_HEADER contain two entries that is one with the first approve and the second with the other?

Saikumarb
Explorer
0 Kudos

No, PTREQ_HEADER table contain only 1st level approver details

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if setting up deadline only will help as it may create another work item but the base reference isin the table from where the leave approval application picks the data.

Can you please have a look at the badis.