Financial Management Blogs by Members
Dive into a treasure trove of SAP financial management wisdom shared by a vibrant community of bloggers. Submit a blog post of your own to share knowledge.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coleti
Active Contributor
Hello Community,

Last day of the year, working a lot... and it´s being a while I don´t post in here. So, there we go...

This was a difficult we have faced during the Setup Phase of our New General Ledger Migration Project and I could found any clear directions to face it in the SAP KBA and Community. Because of that I have decided to document and share if some face the same in the future.

Issue Background 

After creating the new non-leading ledger under Scenario 07 or 08, from the time you define the Migration Date under the Set Migration Date step and Assign the Migration Date to the company code, it can have some Accounting Document posted feeding the FAGLEX tables with data for the new ledger you are migration.

Technically speaking, the both steps above will fill out the following tables:

FAGL_MIG_001 - Assignment of a Migration Date to a Migration Plan

FAGL_MIG_002 - Assignment of a Migration Plan to Company Code and Ledger

On the SAP accounting posting logic, the system check these to tables when you are posting a FI Document and will post to the new ledger you are define only if the Posting Date is ahead the Migration Date. Example below, the company code BR01 assigned to migration plan A01 and New Ledger 2L will allow posting to that ledger only after 01.01.2022. But, as mentioned before, until set this date under the process of the NGLM you can have some postings.

The problem with that are in some further step of the cockpit where you can face the follow error message:

Workaround and Solution:

This is a checkup message that will not allow you to keep moving forward until clear the existing data for the 2L.

It's not a clear step, but under the Troubleshooting of this step, SAP have shared a way to Reset and Delete the New Ledger Transaction Data wrongly generated:

It will be used the program /NGL/EXEC_RESTORE where you will reset and delete the existing ledger data:

NOTE: This is a tip to face erro message /NGL/MSG843 - Transaction data exists in new G/L totals table FAGLFLEXT for ledger XX