Human Capital Management Blogs by Members
Gain valuable knowledge and tips on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite and human capital management market from member blog posts. Share your insights with a post of your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishadsthakur
Participant
0 Kudos

This is continuation of my previous blog about Checklist for Integrating Open content network(OCN) courses with SuccessFactors Learning (LMS) Part 1

in previous blog, I have covered below topics :

1. Course getting completed on launch.
  2. Courses imported with complete on launch as default.

Before going into this blog please go through the previous blog,I wont be going through creating item connector in this blog

In this Blog I will be covering following topics

1. Items without titles Description
  2. Automatically launch content when starting or resuming course
  3. Addition of Categories, credit hours, library and other data to OCN items

1. Item Without titles and Description.

Most of the OCN sends data for particular locale(item localization) which creates the situation where if admin’s locale is English the item which have been imported will not have any item title or Desciption.

As you can see in below screenshot that course title and Description before importing from Open content Network page.

Open Content Network Courses before importOpen Content Network Courses before import

Below screenshot is after adding the courses from OCN page, which doesn’t have item title

item Searchitem Search

To mitigate this you can download the data from particular OCN,in this case,Linkedin Learning admin page and match it with Course ID.

to match everything you can download 2 reports

a – Open Content Network (CSV) (it will contain courseID and Locale)

b – Item data – (it will contain ItemID and Domain,rev date etc which can be use to create connector. Tip – please use filter while running the report)

2. Automatically launch content when starting or resuming course

You can apply SKIP_CONTENT_STRUCTURE_PAGE to bypass the content page when a user starts a course. This proves beneficial when you  want users to be redirected to the OCN page, thus, saving two clicks for content consumption.

3. Addition of Categories, credit hours, library and other data to OCN items

You can add multiple information such as Categories Library,credit hours,CPE hours,total Hours,Surveys,custom Columns.
Please note dont update duration it will create conflict since duration is only updated for instructor led items using item connector.
also Users can have option to access any course via OCN so don’t use approval columns in OCN.

I've developed a sample item connector as a guide for you to create your own connector.

Refer to the last blog post here for a comprehensive guide on creating this Connector.

Item_data_customer.txt

CPNT_ID|CPNT_TYP_ID|REV_DTE|DMN_ID|NOTACTIVE|CPNT_TITLE|SUBJ_AREA_1|CPNT_DESC|CMPL_STAT_ID|CREDIT_HRS|SHOW_IN_CATALOG|LEVEL1_SURVEY|CATALOG_1|SKIP_CONTENT_STRUCTURE_PAGE!##!

LINKEDINLEARNING_21110 |OCN|Jun-13-2023 06:18:46|L&D|Y|Cara Melakukan Presentasi yang Tidak Keluar Topik|Linkedin_Business|Bergabunglah dengan ahli presentasi, Todd Dewett, yang menguraikan elemen dasar dalam menyampaikan presentasi yang baik dan tidak keluar topik. Todd membahas persiapan yang perlu dilakukan untuk menyajikan presentasi dengan baik sehingga Anda merasa, dan memang, siap melakukannya. Dia juga memberikan kiat tentang cara membuat selebaran dan slide yang berisi jumlah informasi yang tepat, menanggapi audiens, dan melanjutkan presentasi setelah membuat kesalahan yang mungkin terjadi.|CRSE-COMP|0.33|Y|S_002|LIB_LINKEDIN_en|Y!##!

Below screenshot after running item connector created above, it has added item title, description, categories, credit hours, library, content skip on launch etc.

item search after run of item data connectoritem search after run of item data connector

You can customize according to your needs. I recommend testing with a small course set before integrating all content with the connector. Be cautious when adding columns; once added, data can only be replaced, not deleted, in many of the columns..

hope you find this blog useful while implementing OCN for Successfactors Learning.

References:

2391802 - Localization of Item Title & Description OCN Provided Courses in SuccessFactors Learning 
2473708 - Item Connector Support & Tips - LMS

Labels in this area