Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amphill
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
In the 2H 2023 release, we have introduced significant enhancements to the SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding solution to provide enhanced flexibility in designing onboarding programs to meet your unique organizational requirements.

Through customer influence on the Customer Community and innovative product enhancements, we are bringing your ideas to life and driving improvements across the onboarding experience.

To learn more and ask questions, attend the upcoming Q&A webinar: Upcoming 2H 2023 Release – Recruiting and Onboarding Webinar – November 16th

All of the 2H 2023 release items can be found on the What’s New Viewer. These new features will be live in Production on November 17, 2023.

Custom Tasks

With this release, customers can now define custom tasks in their onboarding and offboarding programs, such as gathering additional information, including more users or groups in tasks, and initiating subsequent tasks and integrations to complete steps beyond the standard onboarding and offboarding programs. The flexible task designer allows you to set the task as mandatory or optional, set a due date, and assign it to new hires, employees, managers, or a responsible group.

This enhancement was inspired by customer influence idea #276208.

Delegation of Onboarding Tasks

With this release, we have delivered the ability for onboarding participants to reassign new hire activities to another user when the originally assigned user is not able to complete them. This enhancement was created to allow for task delegation to provide greater flexibility, ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner, and reduce bottlenecks in onboarding programs. Features of the new capability include the ability to either delegate all tasks for a new hire or select specific tasks to be reassigned, the ability to nudge the participant or revoke delegated tasks, and perform a mass delegation to multiple new hires, when necessary.

This enhancement was inspired by customer influence idea #245734.

Legal Entity Transfer for Internal Hires

With this release, we can better support transferring an existing employee from one legal entity to another, without interrupting access between employment. As an added flexible process option for internal transfers, organizations have the ability to now easily transfer employees between legal entities using the new Employment Profile Selection page. This enhancement provides an improved experience to allow you to onboard internal hires and rehires. Employees transferring between legal entities can continue to access onboarding programs using the same login credentials and can switch between existing and future employments.

This enhancement was inspired by customer influence idea #238772.

Compliance Update: New Form I-9

As of November 1, 2023, all US employers must use the new Form I-9. All SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding customers were provided the new Form I-9.

With every release, we are excited to deliver these new innovations and continue our journey of providing even greater value to our SAP SuccessFactors customers. For full details, please check out the 2H 2023 Release Highlights Resources:

Learn more about SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding.
5 Comments
Participant
Hi Amanda

Great work,Worth Read Appreciated

catarinatavares
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello amcritt !

Thank you so much for your work. One of the topics that are not included in your revision is: Enhancements to the Rehire Process. For this enhancement there is a topic that I appreciate if you could clarify:

• For Rehire on Old Employment, you can now set up the future manager role for rehires to allow hiring managers to complete required onboarding tasks before the rehire’s start date.

Could you please help me understanding this topic ?

amphill
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello catarinactavares

To my understanding, there is now the ability to add a New/Future Manager for a Rehire. This is because a rehire would not be the direct report of the New Manager until their start date. This presents an issue because the New Manager could not complete certain onboarding tasks until the rehire's start date. So now, the New/Future Manager can complete tasks such as Scheduling Meetings, Recommending People, and Recommending Links before the rehire's start date.

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_ONBOARDING/c94ed5fcb5fe4e0281f396556743812c/fc9d07696e9...

Hope this helps clarify!
amphill
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
00022111734 Thanks for your note! I'm glad you appreciated it. Have a great day!
0 Kudos
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for sharing useful info,

Influence request 238772 is not available anymore - Object does not exist or access is denied and the link ' Employees transferring between legal entities also not accessible,  'Sorry' you are not authorized to see this page'

thank you