Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
SAP S/4HANA implementations are happening across globe. Employee master data is required in various SAP S/4HANA modules other than traditional on-premise HCM Solutions.The new data model in SAP S/4HANA is based on business partner (BP) Concept.Employee is treated as business partner as per the new data model.

SAP has released various KBA's/How to guides on implementation of Employee as business partner.

The intent of writing this blog post is to provide a 'ready reckoner', few tips and tricks for implementing this solution.

Implementation steps & tips:

Know your customer system :

The  prima facie for implementation of Employee as Business partner is to know the current customer HR System. The implementation considerations vary based on the type of HR system/software.

• KBA 2340095 will give more details on process to be followed for implementing employee business partner concept in SAP S/4HANA system with an integration to SAP Successfactors or SAP ERP

• If the Customer is on non-SAP system for HR Processes then, there should be an integration established to fetch the employee mini master information/data into SAP S/4HANA system

Basic HCM configurations that needs to be in place for creating employee :

Below is minimum HCM Configuration that's needed

1. Enterprise Structure

2. Personnel Structure

3. Infotype Configuration (HCM Mini Master)

• Infotype 0000 - Actions

• Infotype 0001 - Organization assignment

• Infotype 0002 - Personal data

• Infotype 0006 - Address (for vendor role)

• Infotype 0009 - Bank details (for vendor role

Activation of Integration switches specific to Employee as Business partner creation

Table T77S0 should be configured to activate the inter/intra modular integration in SAP

Here is the snap shot of switches need to be activated

Tip 1 : Activation of these switches will automatically create an employee as business partner (Employee would have been created using transaction PA40 in the same system). 

• Report "/SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE" should be executed in following scenarios

• Employee data is integrated from Successfactors/different SAP HCM system/third party system then, this report should be executed after employee replication

• If any BAdi is implemented to replace/default/edit data of employee BP then, this report should be executed to view/update the changes

• The initial conversion of employee as business partner (as part of cut over activities)

• Regular update of employee BP(background job to be scheduled)

Concepts explained above should suffice, to create Employee as business partner with BUP003 (Employee role) & 000000 (Business partner general role)

Extended requirements on employee business partner

A) Employee business partner to be extended to a vendor role :

Employee should be created as vendor in scenarios where employee's expenses/salaries/loans are paid using employee vendor account.

The additional configuration that needs to be done to extend the employee BP role to Vendor role are :

• Reconciliation accounts for employees in Role FI Supplier : Reconciliation account is mandatory to create the vendor account. Hence, we need to define company specific reconciliation accounts here

• Default vendor data for employees in role FI Supplier : In SAP ERP,  we had an option to default the values from reference vendor while creating employee as vendor using PRAA transaction. However, that concept won't hold good for SAP S/4HANA. Refer KBA 2397684 to get more information on business partner synchronization replaces PRAA transaction in SAP S/4HANA. SAP has provided a table in SAP S/4HANA to configure the reference vendor. This is company specific and client dependent table. Hence, a new transaction 'BUPASYNC_LOCAL' is provided. Refer KBA 2601253 on how to activate this transaction

Tip 2 : Configure this table if, the customer has the requirement to have reference vendor for every company code

• Default house bank specific to the country/company code : employee BP creation program reads HR Feature TRVHB to default house bank in vendor account.  The feature needs to be configured based on the house banks provided by customer for every country and company code combination.

B) Employee BP number and Employee Vendor number should be same as employee number with a prefix of alphabet/alpha numeric value :

This is the common requirement in most of the implementations.

follow the steps mentioned here to achieve this requirement

• Create employee number ranges using PA04 transaction. For example, number range :  00000000 to 99999999

• Configure the employee business partner number range with prefix  for example, '9P'  in Customizing (SPRO) -> Cross application components -> SAP Business partner -> Basic settings

• Create number range

• Assign the number range to BP grouping

• Configure the number ranges for vendor and assign it to vendor account group in SPRO -> Financial accounting -> Accounts receivable and payable -> Vendor accounts

• Create vendor number ranges

• Assign the number range to account group

• Assign account group to BP Grouping in SPRO -> Cross application components -> SAP Business partner -> Basic settings

• Assign business partner subgroup in the table T77S0

Tip 3 :the code for employee number range, BP Grouping, vendor number range and vendor account group should be same. in our example it is 'E3'

C) Extend Employee BP to Customer role  : 

This requirement might not be common in all implementations. If we have this requirement then, this can be fulfilled with the following configuration steps

• Configure number ranges for customer and assign it to customer account group in SPRO -> Financial accounting -> Accounts receivable and payable -> Customer accounts -> Master data

• Create vendor number ranges

• Assign the number range to account group

Tip 4 :Customer role will not be created automatically when employee is created or when the BUPA sync program is executed. This role will get created automatically, if the reference vendor assigned  in transaction 'BUPASYNC_LOCAL' has customer role

Tip 5 :The code for customer number range and account group should be same as BP and vendor number range. in our example its is 'E3'

D) Vendor should not be created for few company codes :

if vendor should not be created for few company codes/countries, then do not configure below

• Company code to reconciliation account assignment

• House bank configuration in HCM Feature for specific company/country

• Assignment of reference vendor to company code

Tip 6 : Vendor role will get created with out 'vendor' number generation and assignment. Implement BAdi 'BADI_FITV_VENDOR_SYNC' to restrict vendor role creation

This blog post is based on my implementation experience in SAP S/4HANA projects. The steps mentioned in this blog post will help to configure employee BP and extend the employee to vendor and customer roles
63 Comments
danyasap
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Swathi,

Very well-written blog !! Thanks for sharing the info.

Regards,

Danya
former_member89049
Participant
0 Kudos

Very detailed and informative read Swathi!

0 Kudos
Very well explained. Much needed document to know about BP.

Thanks for sharing this.
Srikanth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Nice Blog !! Thanks for Sharing
former_member22818
Participant
0 Kudos
Very nice and informative.
Gabby
Explorer
0 Kudos
Great post! Much appreciated!!!!
Petra2
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear Swathi,

thank you for the post. Do you know how to create BP for employees hired via PA40 with future date?

I can set up sync job program /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE, this program picks all new hires at current date. But if job is running daily it creates new BP record everyday.

how to set up a job which would synchronized data only once?

Regards

Petra

0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi ,

Currently for BP creation  - Std grouping 0001 is determined by the system after running the programme. How can I make system to determine the particular BP grouping  (ZEMP in my case) so that desired BP & associated Vendor NR is picked up for creation.

Currently BP is created with std SAP BP grouping '0001'
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Renuka

Please check the section B in this blog post.

Thiago_Eva
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge to us.

I'm new in this kind of scenario, and your blog certainly helped me in begin to understand this topic.

Please, I have one question regarding this scenario and would like your help.

Rehire, Rehire With New Employments and Global Assignment are common Scenarios between all customers. I would like to know if there's any difference on how this integration treats the IDs for these employees, or if the configuration you've presented here would be able to cover all of these scenarios.

This doubt has came up because employees that are included on above mentioned scenarios might have been different IDs on Employee Central.

The common existente IDs in EC are: person-id-external, username, user account, user id and payroll id.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards.

Thiago Eva
sokolovda
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi ,

Our business partner is created by default as “Face”, is there a setting that allows you to configure the creation of a business partner as “Organization”?
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Can you elaborate more on your question?
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
BP is created against PERNR and not PERS-ID. check the KBA https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2741465

as long as PERNR is different, a new BP is created.

You may check the configurations and mappings between EC and S/4 for more details
reyalvacosta
Advisor
Advisor
all the likes for this article! Thanks a lot Naga! Great Job and thanks for sharing! 😄
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks for the kind words! 🙂
l_triboulet
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

Thanks for your article.

I have a question about that.

In my company we have decided to create PA30 for employee and external employee ( for a same company)

The Bp creation doesn't filter to create only vendor role BP for internal employee.(FLVN00)

Have you got a solution please ?

Thanks for your help

Have a nice day
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Can you please explain in detail about the issue u r facing?
l_triboulet
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

I’ll try to explain in detail my issue.

In my company we have employee and external personal ( consultant, service provider…) In PA30 transaction, we have employee and external personal but the only one difference is employee group

When I save, I would to create Business Partner with role FLVN00 only for employee not for service provider.

It’s possible to distinguish the role FLVN00 creation on Employee Group ( I found only for the company code)

Thanks for your help

Have a nice day
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
It’s possible with a BADI

We had similar request from customer and we were able to solve using BADI
l_triboulet
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

Can you give more details about using a Badi ?

Thank you
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dears,

thank you for very nice overview of integration.

when creating new HR no. in synchronization to new BP no. we are missing some values:

• enter a value for field Authorization group

• enter a value for field Data origin types

• enter a value for field Business partner type

Any hints what to do ?

Regards,

Tilen
arendon1_
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi ,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge to us.

I have a question about that.

In my company we have business partner that doesn’t employee.
Now, this business partner will are emplooyee and have employee rol (BUP003).

¿How assign the personal-id and username SAP to business partner existent without creating a new business partner?

Thanks in advance!

Anderson Rendón.
João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Dear Naga Swathi T J

I don't know what version you tested but in the 1809/02 I checked and the infotypes below can create a BP. But of course if we think in AP scenario doesn't make sense create without 0009 bank details but the BP is created.

• Infotype 0000 – Actions

• Infotype 0001 – Organization assignment

• Infotype 0002 – Personal data

• Infotype 0006 – Address (for vendor role)

I tested running synchro program.

Regards.

João Paulo Almeida
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi

may I know what is the inference of your message?
my blog never says that BP can’t get created automatically

the blog is on tips and tricks on various scenarios

Be more specific about your communication

swathi
majooliv
Explorer
0 Kudos
Parabéns, muito bom seu post.
0 Kudos
Thank you Naga.  Very informative.  I have a follow up question for a specific application of BP.  In S4 for Supplier Maintenance (formerly SRM functionality) I am trying to setup an employee as BP but do not have HCM setup in the system I am working in (and no HCM resources to help...)

when in the Fiori app Maintain BP I have created an employee BP.  It is now my understanding that I need to assign the SU01 user ID to the BP - I think to the role employee.  However I do not see the role employee in the drop down but I do see it in the BP IMG config.  Is this missing role due to the setting

The HR integration switch in SAP S/4HANA is de-activated via the system table T77S0 with the configuration switches HRALX/HRAC and HRALX/PBPON?

Fundamentally my real issue is when creating a purchasing category I get the error "Employee does not exist or is not authorized as purchaser responsible error in Fiori app"  My understanding of this error is that I need an employee BP with my user ID associated to it but I am having an issue associating the user to it.

Thanks

Dennis

Since we do not have HCM the HRAC value is blank
0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi,

This blog is very useful. Thanks for sharing this information.

Regards,

Raju
João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi,

About your comment, I only want to say that you mentioned that the infotypes that it is necessary to create employees are below and the 0009 infotype isn't necessary in the creation proccess. But it is necessary for FI payments.

• Infotype 0000 – Actions

• Infotype 0001 – Organization assignment

• Infotype 0002 – Personal data

• Infotype 0006 – Address (for vendor role)

• Infotype 0009 – Bank details (for vendor role

João Paulo Almeida
viralrami
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Naga Swathi

Thanks for the valuable information.

I have other questions related to Employee as a Business Partner.

Is there a specific type of authorization requirements for managing Employee business partners?

e.g. BP employee data can always Create/change by HR directly in HCM and BP employee created in MDG automatically so, do they need to go to MDG system and do anything in the MDG side?

If yes they need to update anything from MDG side then what kind of authorizations are required?

Can you help me with this?

Regards

Viral
former_member697799
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Naga,

Thanks for the valuable information.

I would like to know the process for creation of employee as vendor in S4-HANA 1909 version.

Step 1: I have hired the employee through PA 40.

Step 2: Do I need to manually create the vendor through BP with similar number range ? If Yes, how these two will be linked ?

Rite now, this report  /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE is giving error ie "R212 Grouping doesn't exist" but i am not creating any record through transaction BP , i have understanding this report will automatically link the employee record with BP. Let me know in case, I am correct here.

Please let me know the complete process, my dead line is approching and not able to set the employee as vendor in the system till now.

Thanks and Regards.
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Kindly check the switches in T77S0 table.

do respective configurations for BP and vendor

please read the article and you get the step by step approach
former_member697922
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Do we need to create the BP through transaction code: BP or it will be autocreated through the report /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE ??

I have the done the configuration as per the given article only but still facing the issue. Not able to execute the report /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE it is giving as "grouping doesnt exist."

Thanks and Regards
former_member55862
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi! Swathi,

Excellent post and very informative.

When we execute this program we observe that it is updating demographics SU01 and is not allowing to edit any information except email address. Do you have any idea if it is a normal behavior? How can we update email address as well as part of the same execution?

Also which information does it sync together from where to where?

Regards,

AQIB
JessicaD
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Naga,

I have followed your document and must say you were a life saver, thank you!

If you know, does the BP appear anywhere in the PA tables once generated?

If not is there a table that stores the cross reference of PERNR and BP numbers?

Thank you for your time. And again great job!

Jessica

JessicaD
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Nevermind, I knew I would find it as soon as I submitted the question. I can connect the PERNR ID through table BUT0ID when using IDType HCM001
NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thank you and sorry couldn't respond earlier
Jwalasuccess
Explorer
former_member718043
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Naga we are in a migration project from ECC tho S4, the bp have been created automatically, but when I change the user sap in 105 Infotype subtype 0001 and execute /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE when I go to SU01D the new sap user is not relationed with the bp do you know what else I have to do?

Thank you so much
0 Kudos
Hello Naga Swathi,

Very informative document, thank you!

What is your recommendation/best practice from experience for the start date/effective date of the employee record in s/4, considering that:

- s/4 project go live is on 01.01.2021, while the business partners are expected to be ready earlier in the system for some additional preparations. Firmer to its limitations, the synchronization program works only with active employees, while as per sap recommendations we started replication from SF Employee Central as of go live data of s/4 Hana project, which is 01.02.2021 in our case.

have you already had such scenarios and what would you recommend from experience.

thank you in advance!

All the best,

Ralitsa

lakshmi_narayana2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Swati,

Its an excellent blog!!!

I have problem with extending employee to Customer role (FLCU01). like you have mentioned in TIP 4, I have maintained customer role(FLCU01) for Reference vendor. when I ran employee to BP syn program (/SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE). The FLCU01 role is extended to BP but not sales data is getting populated. and yes i have maintained sales org, dist channel, division in reference vendor – customer role(FLCU01).

iswaryasekar
Discoverer
0 Kudos
We are also facing same issue. Do you have a solution for this?
former_member778695
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Naga
Dear, I hope you can help me, I have made the procedure and the recommended settings for employee synchronization and BP 
synchronization, now I do not know what I am doing wrong that the employee's email is not reflected in the BP and this is in the
corresponding infotype .

Your help please.

DangerZone931
Explorer
0 Kudos
Tengo el siguiente problema, ya realicé todas las configuraciones indicadas pero al momento de ejecutar el programa /SHCM/RH_SYNC_BUPA_EMPL_SINGLE en BP no actualiza el correo (Infotipo 105 Subtipo 10).
sureshganeshp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Karim,

Please check the configuration for Email in the Table "TBZ_V_EEWA_SRC".

Hope this works.

Regards,

Suresh Ganesh Prabhakaran
s0003228130
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

we are synchronizing our employees to business partner. Now we don't need some employee groups as business partner. Is there a way to configure which employees are cerated as BP? Is there a BADI? Or is it really needed to have ALL employees (HR-master data) as BP?

Thanks and regards

Michael
Joerg_S
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Naga,

Employee is hired and Employee as Vendor as created (General Data) but once i switched to Company Code Date (BP Role FLNV00), Company code and Reconciliation GL is not maintained. screen shot attached. Recon GL is already define in > Personal Management > SAP S4 Hana for Human Resource > Define Reconciliation Accounts for Employee in FI Role

ount For Employee in Role FI Supplier.

NagaSwathiTJ
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Please follow step by step process. you will have to assign the reconciliation account to company code

• Reconciliation accounts for employees in Role FI Supplier : Reconciliation account is mandatory to create the vendor account. Hence, we need to define company specific reconciliation accounts here

abapdanny
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi tj.nagaswathi ,

thank you really much for that detailed blog, that helped us a lot! I have a short question: How can we assure, that a normal person can check for exampele BP-Debitor data, but not BP-HCM data? We already used the authorization object B_BUPA_ADR with SENSTVT = ' ' and we kicked out BUP003 from the authorization object B_BUPA_RLT. But the problem is, that the personal HCM data (you also mentioned it in your blog) is also stored in the general BP-Role 000000.

We are glad about any hint!

Thank you in advance and best regards
Daniel