Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CurtisWeldon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Many of you have heard that SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 (the original Onboarding) is approaching the end of life.  While we wait for the formal announcement with dates coming in the next several weeks, you might have a few questions.  The fact is, Onboarding 1.0 will go offline in the future. There are many reasons to move to the new Onboarding sooner than later.

The new Onboarding shares the same platform and codebase as Employee Central.  This eliminates all of the duel maintenance that comes with Onboarding 1.0.  No longer will you have two corporate structures, two security systems, and maintain two field sets and picklists.  Redundant configuration becomes a thing of the past. The new Onboarding brings a new life of consistent user experience that can bring your organization a lower operating cost.

As you begin the thought process of migration, here are several items to consider.  First, if you have not seen a recent demo of the new Onboarding, you can watch it here. As you watch the demo, remember that the two systems are vastly different. In fact, moving to the new Onboarding allows the SAP SuccessFactors product team to stretch the concept of what new hires want and what companies need.  Not to mention, you have complete configuration control in the front end of the software. To get you thinking more about what your organization might need in the new Onboarding, we encourage organizations to complete a Transition Planning Workbook. This will allow you to take an inventory of what Onboarding 1.0 contains today and how it might fit in the new Onboarding system.

A transition to the new Onboarding may seem daunting, but with careful planning and internal support, it can be much easier than you think. Take some time to watch this webinar on Transitioning to the New Onboarding to get insight into the process.

Have you already moved to the new Onboarding?  Let us know your thoughts on the process and how the system works by sharing your comments.
13 Comments
analinharesilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Cutis,

I just participated in you presentation on the "Webinar: Preparing for SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 Transformation" where you shared somany usefull links on this matter. i'm not able to find the slides on the link of the presentation:

https://partneredge.sap.com/content/partnerexp/en/library/education/psd/2022/oct/e_oe_te_w_pfss_2740...

Can you please share where i can find these slides?

Thx
CurtisWeldon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
You can find it here on my LinkedIn page.  (30) Post | Feed | LinkedIn
mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Curtis,

thank you for your blog post!

We just went live with ONB 1.0. Looking at the next release I am curious if we can migrate to ONB w/o implementing Employee Central?

Where can I download the webinar slides to share with coworkers?

Thanks and with best regards,

Mathias
mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos
You explained it in the webinar further down the line. We would need to setup the EC Mini Master.

For the Slide deck I just emailed Andy.

Thank you very much!

Mathias
CurtisWeldon
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Here is the link to the EC Mini Master Scoping information.  SAP Partner Portal | Config Workbook Onboarding
analinharesilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Curtis,

Thank you for your replay and sorry to bother you again with this. I can't fond the slides from the webinar in your LinkedIn post. I need them for a meeting with a customer that I will have soon. Do you have a link to it and for the recording of the session?

Thank you,

Ana Silva
paulasalo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

we using both versions, and biggest issue to us is behaviour of username. When onboardee is hired in EC, we used to get new company username immediately from AD, but this caused issue with Onboarding module. Company username overwrites Onboarding username and access to onboarding portal was lost. We have built workaround, but still not 100% happy with this.

Paula
sol-barrera
Explorer
Hello c.weldon , do you know if there has been a recent communication from SAP about end of life for Onboarding 1.0?
A client mentioned they read it was announced for the second half of 2023, but I haven't been able to validate that information.
Thanks,

Sol
mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos
Same question I had. I could not find any update either.
Lbarros
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sol and Mathias, we received.

It's planned to end in the 2H 2024
analinharesilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Mathias,

I'm struggling to get the slides that can be shared with the customers, I see that you were able to get them, can you share them with me or share Andy's email so I can request them also?

Thank you!
former_member27848
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

sol-barrera mathi.raffel luis.barros.sbss Hi, I am the Solution Transition Program Manager for the Onboarding 1.0 Transformation. We have NOT yet announced the deprecation timeline for Onboarding 1.0. Please subscribe to this blog https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/product-and-customer-updates/onboarding-1-0-resources-and-transf... for updates and we are working to be making an announcement as soon as possible. There will be full communications when we do have it available.

Rgds

Chris Parmar-Saville, SAP Solution Transitions Team

Kalai
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert