cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to update content object settings via connector

Brian_Boegs
Contributor
0 Kudos

Due to the content object guardrails functionality change, we need to fix a few thousand content objects that are set up incorrectly over the years. Users set up objects as AICC without a wrapper and chose Mark complete on launch in the item.

I am trying to do this via a connector, but am unable to remove the item -- module setting.

I upload an item_data.txt file but it does not remove the object from the item. It is actually creating a new item with same version number but different version date. Any thought on this?

My connector file:

CPNT_ID|CPNT_TYP_ID|NOTACTIVE|CPNT_TITLE|APP_ID|REMOVE_CPNT_MODULE_FLAG!##!
US_OBEJECT|COURSE|N|OBJECT TESTING|CONTENTOBJECT_20240126|Y!##!

Brian_Boegs_0-1706305634355.png

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Romanin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello @Brian_Boegs hope you`re doing well

This kind of question is more related to process than connector.

One typical behavior in LMS is keep the associations between the records, maybe you`ve experienced that is impossible to delete a Domain for example without delete all records associated within it.

This is the reason that you cannot remove the information.

In your case that is change some configuration, don`t forget to bring all 3 fields to LMS identify the item, (ID, TYPE and REVISON DATE) - Opposite of this is that the LMS will create a new one... (2148552 - Item connector creates new items when the revision date is not provided for an update of a...)

I hope this helps
Regards
Daniel Romanin

* Please consider mark this answer as solution if your question was properly answered

Brian_Boegs
Contributor
0 Kudos

I see what you are saying, but in the docs, it says that if you do not put a REV_DATE, it just looks to the most recent one.

And when it did create the new version, the content object was still there even though I entered REMOVE_CPNT_MODULE_FLAG = Y