cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make next year balance available when requesting Time Off

teresalopesmont
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts. I want to make possible for the employees to have access to the accrual Vacation balance from the next year. Example: in January 2022 the available balance would be 44 days (22 from 2022 and 22 from 2023).

How would the be the configuration to make this possible? I was trying with a Recurring Time Account Type where the 'Account Creation Offset' is -12 and the 'Accrual Creation Offset (days)' is -365. 

Is this correct? Do I need to add the accrual specification in the Accrual Rule?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PetraRana
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa, 

we accrue next year leave 3 months ahead of leave year start to enable employees to book leave in next year using the configuration below. System should create and accrue annual leave 12 months ahead of start of next leave year. This is automatic.

Hope this helps.

Petra

teresalopesmont
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

By analyzing the requirement and noticing that it´s not a common request, the decision was to leave it for Manual Adjustment. If an employee wishes to use next year vacation balance, he/she should notify the HR department for them to manually add balance in the present year and subtract it from the following year. 

Thank you for your help! 

Volker_Ruof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Teresa

for which country/industry is this? This is quite uncommon.

What do you do when the employee takes in 2023 the full balance of 2023 and 2024 and then quits in mid 2023?

Volker

teresalopesmont
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

It's a tricky requirement like your questions shows. By analyzing the requirement and noticing that it´s not a common request, the decision was to leave it for Manual Adjustment. If an employee wishes to use next year vacation balance, he/she should notify the HR department for them to manually add balance in the present year and subtract it from the following year.

Thank you for your help!