cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Identify empty positions in SAP-SF system where to be hired field is not effectively used

buddepu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a situation to identify all list of empty positions in SAP Successfactors system which are created, in active status but no person is currently sitting on it. Also the field - To be Hired is not used effectively and uniformly which in turn creates another challenge of identifying empty positions which can used.

Is there a way to find out by report or any other means?

View Entire Topic
nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A canvas or stories report would be the best approach, by taking position as starting entity (table) and then navigating to the incumbent(s) so that you get both the FTE of the employee and the position next to each other.
You can already filter in that query on the according value of to be hired, but for seeing if there's still FTE capacity left, you'll need a calculated column to filter on or you need to do some of that heavy lifting in Excel.

buddepu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Like I mentioned To be hired field is not used effectively and there are quite some data clean up's or inconsistencies that are currently existing. So even if a report (Canvas / Table) is generated, the results retrieved for all list of positions against employee's do you still think will accomplish the gap since there is no other criteria to find out if a position is filled or not apart from the field - To be hired.

Happy to have your reflections

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did just indicate the FTE on position vs. employee (incumbent) can help you to identify it right? If the amount of fte on the position is higher, then for the employees combined (so it should be an aggregated report), it will mean Yes is applicable, else no.