cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving user adoption and engagement in Continuous Performance Management module?

shaunj
Newcomer

My company recently retired a collection of ‘check-in’ forms for employees and their people leaders/ matrix managers to leverage during 1:1 conversations. These forms focused on documenting the employees aspirations for the FY and also ‘logging’ 1:1 conversations.

Each form contained a series of questions/ prompts specific to the kind of conversations that were being held and could also be set up in advance. The forms were developed as a customised Performance form in the My Forms page.

With the subsequent implementation of the CPM module, we intended for the ‘Start Meeting’ functionality to replace these ‘check-in’ forms. Unfortunately, adoption hasn’t been very strong and negative sentiment indicates that staff miss the old ‘check-ins’ and the questions/ prompts they used to be able to leverage to help guide conversations (they also don’t feel the agenda functionality is overly helpful).

We don’t want to abandon ship because we see a lot of value in CPM’s activities/ achievements and feedback features.

Has anyone been in a similar position? If so, have you managed to turn things around? I’m also keen to hear from others about what they did to help staff adopt and embrace the CPM module more broadly too.

View Entire Topic
MaryKatherineJ
Contributor
0 Kudos

Our team tried a pilot of CPM several years ago within HR and a small number of operational departments, and after about 6 months, we abandoned it. Not the answer you were looking for, I know. There seemed to be confusion around when to use CPM to track project tasks vs using other project management tools within our environment and when to update activities in CPM vs updating milestones within Goal Management or Performance Management. Bottom line was that our pilot users could not find a use for this feature that served our needs better (or that we liked better) than the various other tools we were using for the same purposes. It was not that the tool was not good; it just was not better enough to justify the change management.

Maybe someone else will have a more encouraging experience.