cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with Joule?

StephenBurns
Participant

Anyone else find it frustrating how much sales material is out there on some of these new features but all real information and documentation is missing or deficient? The release notes on Joule do not at all make it clear when it will be available or what steps you will need to take to implement it

The whats new viewer directs you to a KBA and the KBA has two dead links to some page on SAP help. I would have expected a feature which was such a focus of SuccessConnect to have a better rollout at least on the information side. The MS teams integration documenation and information is also extremely deficient

This community change is also very frustrating. I don't a high expectation that anyone will even see this post. The engagement of the community since the change has been so much lower. Is anyone else frustrated with SAP's communication and engagement related to product features which are conversely so meticiously sold to new customers? We all get executives seeing these new product features and demanding that they are implemented, and it makes us look foolish when we have no idea how to actually do that or provide realistic expectations

View Entire Topic
sarahhu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback. We understand your concern and will discuss internally for how to improve the permission part.

For rest of the questions, see my comment below:

Can i enable notifications in Teams for CPM but not for learning? - Answer is No. Is there a specific reason your company is using SF Learning but don't want your end users to see learning notifications?

Can i enable the Teams app without enabling the link in the quick card? - Anser is No. Same question here, is there a specifc reason you only want the teams app but don't want end users seeing the Teams link in the quick card? The Teams link in quick card can help users easily connect with others when reviewing the profiles so it's a value add right?

Can i restrict the population of people that can see the teams icon in the quick card? - Answer is Yes. It's pure Microsoft Teams side configuration, see https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-app-permission-policies

Would this MS Graph integration cover the requirements for talent intelligence hub, or is the skill ingestion diferent and require different access - Currently no. But we are talking with those team about the plan of including those piece into our future app.

StephenBurns
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you 2for your answers Sarah,

Its not really that I want to seperate out those features. Its more a question of fully understanding how the tool will work before we even turn it on. Typically with SF release items, we can just play around with it in a test environment and don't need to answer all these questions before enabling it; however, due to the nature of this being an integration with another enterprise application which is very protected internally and which is outside of the control of HR, we have a greater deal of scrutiny on how we act

Sincerely,

Stephen Burns

pboulicaut
Participant

enabling a Teams integration is potentially opening a door for Hackers to write poisonous contents on Teams Chat or elsewhere that employee will click and potentially will cause PC encryption, virus spreading, etc.

Respond to customer desire for AI chatbot is one thing, risking everyday Run for it is an other ball game.

it should not be a news for SAP, that big Corporations have security assessment before turning ON corporate services. When we talk about Teams, there is very few companies, that have a lab Entreprise account to do such assessment, unless i'm not aware of a new commercial offering from Microsoft.

Thinking thru the customer experience for its own product, should be the Reason for Product Manager to not sleep.

If you want fast adoption for Joule, thinks thru the demo request for it, using existing SAP Ressource :

- does training.sap.com is ready for MS Teams ?

- does Sales contracts or bundles are clear and ready ?

- does live demos are possible in a controlled & secured environment on SAP Experience Center ?

- does sales & Success team are trained and received technical materials to explain Microsoft Teams integration ?