Istanbul Blog Posts
Share your expertise on SAP and on-SAP topics, provide updates on local news and events, and learn from others via blogs posts in the Istanbul community group.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barisguler
Participant

Hi all,

Welcome to our Istanbul Community Group at the SAP Community!!

This group is for everyone interested in SAP - from developers to end users in Türkiye and beyond.

By joining the group, you can share new developments that want to share with others, create and participate in discussions, and ask questions about topics that you are curious about.

You must post according to the site rules. You can access the site rules via this link.

Joining SAP Community Istanbul group is easy! Please visit this page to learn how to join, setup your profile and other valuable information.

Please make sure your titles are detailed in order to be easy to find.

Good forums.

Herkese selam,

SAP Topluluğu'ndaki İstanbul Grubumuza hoş geldiniz!!

Bu grup, Türkiye ve ötesindeki geliştiricilerden son kullanıcılara kadar SAP ile ilgilenen herkes içindir.

Gruba katılarak başkalarıyla paylaşmak istediğiniz yeni gelişmeleri paylaşabilir, tartışmalara katılabilir, merak ettiğiniz konularda sorular sorabilirsiniz.

Site kurallarına göre paylaşım yapmanız gerekmektedir. Site kurallarına bu linkten ulaşabilirsiniz.

SAP Community İstanbul grubuna katılmak çok kolay! Nasıl katılacağınızı, profilinizi nasıl oluşturacağınızı ve diğer değerli bilgileri öğrenmek için lütfen bu sayfayı ziyaret edin.

Kolayca bulunabilmesi için başlıklarınızın ayrıntılı olmasına lütfen özen gösterin..

İyi Forumlar

34 Comments
moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

@barisguler Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing all the great engagement in this group.

barisguler
Participant

Hello@moshenaveh ,

Thanks for everything 🙂 

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

@barisguler No, thank you for the initiative and enthusiasm. Now let's have fun!:)

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

Thanks @barisguler for initiating the group. Looking forward the great engagements from the local community 🤘

barisguler
Participant

Thanks @abdulbasit. We look forward to your support 🙂

sclms
Explorer

hello there everyone!

lets build together 

IsmailFatih
Explorer

Congrats!

We actually need this group. Hello again!

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very cool to see the engagement starting to kick-off! Great start!

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

@barisguler @IsmailFatih @sclms @abdulbasit  Would love to know more about you!:) What are your main SAP topics, hobbies and as I'm a foodie what's your favorite Turkish food (I know it's a hard choice:))?

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

@moshenaveh you can find it on my Blog It Forward blog that I posted 11 years ago 🙂https://blogs.sap.com/2012/12/24/blog-it-forward-abdulbasit-gulsen/

In summary, my favorite food is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibbeh. We usually do it in two variations: boiled and fried. I definitely prefer the boiled one. I think you also have a variation of this in Israel too? 

Maybe it is time to start a new Blog It Forward challenge 😂

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor

@abdulbasit, it sounds like what Antakya folk know as Oruk 🙂

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

@MustafaBensan That's right, there are different names and variations around the country 🙂 

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MustafaBensan @abdulbasit I know this dish and love it! Luckily in Israel we have food traditions from all over the world. I need to try and make it once.

Good call @abdulbasit ! The good times we had with Blog it Forward. Who would believe that after 11 years it would still be mentioned. Here is mine (when I was younger and had big ears)

sclms
Explorer

hi there @moshenaveh ,

I was actually studying social sciences, and later on I dropped out of university before completing my degree. After that, I started studying myself in areas like proggramming and data analysis through lifelong learning programs of various universities around the world. So, in fact, I'm not very familiar with SAP ecosystem, and don't know if there's any prejudice towards for someone like me who doesn't have a relevant bachelor's degree, so I joint the community to gain knowledge about these topic. And so far so good I'm getting only good vibes here 🙂

For being a foody,  I really enjoy working in the kitchen and preparing meals myself and family. Actually I cook more like a korean :)) If you're interested in trying something from Turkish cuisine yourself, I recommend making 'menemen,' it's quite easy to prepare and can be adjusted to your taste preferences. It's a dish that my foreign friends usually enjoy, and it's a great way to start your day.

Have a good day for you all

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sclms Sounds amazing! For sure you came to the right place!

I actually didn't try Korean dishes but would love to. "menemen" looks great and sounds similar to Shakshuka. You can see a picture of my attempt here and other dishes. I make Shakshuka a lot as it's a great solution for tomatoes becoming soft in the fridge. It's like the red version of making lemonade from lemons:)

barisguler
Participant

Hi @moshenaveh and hello everyone,

My main SAP topic is mostly development. I am happy to be here and I am very excited to meet new people through this group. As you sad it's very difficult to choose one dish but my favorite is Lahmacun.  I think you are familiar with that too 🙂

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

@sclms you've triggered the big debate now! Do you recommend menemen with onion or not? 😂

if the topic comes to menemen, I cannot stop myself mentioning @qmacro 's experience with menemen during SAP CodeJam Istanbul on 2019 (cc: @huseyindereli )

https://twitter.com/qmacro/status/1171382548238405632

sclms
Explorer

You should try 'Sweet Crispy Korean Fried Chicken'. Find a place to order nice korean food and make youself a good 🙂 

sclms
Explorer
0 Kudos

@abdulbasit I'm leaving it to people 🙂

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

@barisguler Yes, I know it and I love it!:) This thread for sure makes me hungry but also inspires me before the weekend cooking. Unfortunately my kids, like all kids, like the simple and known food so I don't get too much to experiment with them but my oldest loves Sushi.

I will try to make a Turkish dish in the upcoming weeks and upload the pictures here:)

@abdulbasit Onions and hot peppers! 🙂

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

@moshenaveh Shakshuka is called for another dish in Turkey which is made of mainly eggplant and tomatoes (Şakşuka). However, Greeks are also doing Shakshuka in your style. 

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

@abdulbasit Interesting. I will look into the Turkish recipe!  

IsmailFatih
Explorer

@moshenaveh I love Turkish Kebap. It is really hard to choose just one food compared to other foods :). Did you try Kebap? Try it. My main topic is also development. I really like to discover new things in SAP environment. 

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wishing you lots of success with this new group! It's great to see so many new location groups.
We will include this in the next "new groups launched" announcement in our Welcome Corner - for other members to enjoy also.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

@IsmailFatih Yes I have! And with Fries, salad and Tahini it's the best:)

Any recommendations for travel destinations? I've been to Istanbul as a child and to Anatalya with friends when I was a student. I heard there are great hiking spots in Turkey (In the north?) and I've seen very cool places in the Turkish movies. Any recommendations to hidden gems to visit? 

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

@moshenaveh I can recommend different locations for different types of vacations. For hiking, Lycian Way would probably be the best choice.  

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

@abdulbasit Thanks a lot!

I will read more in the link you shared as I love reading about the story behind places.

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately, the unique places on the Lycian Way is currently being destroyed! 😥 If you are considering to visit, you must be quick to get the full taste. 

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Everyone!

I couldn't resist and just came back from the Supermarket and bought the ingredients required for the Lahmacun. I'm now preparing the dough, so probably towards the evening I will be able to share pictures.

Wish me luck!

abdulbasit
Active Contributor

@moshenaveh Which recipe are you using? Some recipes do not use garlic. My favorite one is with onion and garlic.

Looking forward to see the pictures, good luck! 

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

IMG_4084.jpeg

 I can’t without onion and Garlic😎

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager

And my first Musaka:

Musaka.jpg

turanaydin
Explorer

They look so delicious Moshenaveh, even though it is your first try. I am a  developer like others. I like to learn about new technologies.  I have some favourite foods and one of them is manti.

images.jpeg

Melih_EREN
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi @barisguler 

Thanks a lot for everything. This group is very valuable for us 🙂

Labels in this area