Open Documentation Initiative Blog Posts
Get informed about new guides being included in the Open Documentation initiative and new features supporting it.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
je-hal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear SAP community,

excuse my mood for being silly in the beginning of the new year. As the subject suggests, I'd like to get your feedback about the badges we introduced for the Open Documentation Initiative. We introduced one for valuable content contributions, and one for valuable feedback - in that order:

Contribute contentContribute contentProvide feedbackProvide feedback

Over time, different opinions came up with regards to the badges, for example:

• We should have yearly badges (introduced last year).
  • We should maybe even have a mission badge, for example, rewarding frequent feedback givers. 
  • We should forget about badges completely.

Now is the time for you to have a say in this. Do you appreciate to get badges for documentation feedback? Would you even like to earn a mission badge? Or do you feel indifferent about badges since your main incentive is to improve the documentation? 

About 130 users earned at least one of our badges. 👏 I'd love to notify all of them, but since mentions are restricted to 20, I randomly picked some of them:
@BaerbelWinkler @gregorw @iwona_hahn @Radoslav @ravicondamoor @srmuc69 @ceedee666 @dellagustin @WRoeckelein @idefix @fwilhe @martinstenzig @michaelcz @NHingerl @nicoschoenteich @Nikola_Simeonov @raeijpe @Rwitte @svenkohlhaas @vivian_venter

Notified or not, you're all welcome to share your opinion by replying to this blog post, thank you!

Jens & DJ

PS: Can you map the following lines to the corresponding songs?

Badge, HOAR, what is it good for?!
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed, is here in my badge
Buddy, you're a boy, make a big badge / playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday

5 Comments
Labels in this area