SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use emoji unicode in text in SAP Build Apps?

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I can use 4-digit unicode characters to add special characters, like line breaks, to my texts:

dan_wroblewski_1-1702284736287.pngdan_wroblewski_2-1702284777665.png

But I tried to use this 5-character emoji unicode characters but it did not work:

dan_wroblewski_0-1702284689784.png

But it showed like this:

dan_wroblewski_3-1702284860196.png

Is there anything I can do?

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn
2 REPLIES 2

mihaly-toth-nc
Explorer

Hey there,

We have been using the https://emoji-api.com/ for our emojis and it was working pretty fine. Also in case you would like to use any emoji inside a text component, just copy and paste the unicode expressions from this list. Or simply you can just copy paste the emoji itself. The formula editor and also the text components should recognise it as the proper character. 

As further notes, the abovementioned api is a free emoji collection, and I have successfully utilised it to build auto emoji suggestions in a chatbar within SAP Build Apps. With a regex search for a :slug: (similarly to Discord, and apparently this input field as well 😅). Below is a slight demonstration:

2024-01-29 11-10-14.gif

*I might be a "newcomer" here but have been using the predecessor of SAP Build Apps since October 2021, so might have some experience. 😅

No-code expert with extensive experience in SAP Build Apps (former Appgyver), Firebase, Xano. Actively working on a startup and further projects.

Venkat_Vyza
Active Participant

Hi,

To get the emojis in Build Apps or Build Process Automation, please click on Windows button + Period (.)

That's it. You will have emojis.

Thank you,