SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screenshots android disabled in the app

J-Luc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,
Why are screenshots disabled in the builder on Android, but also after compiling an APK I can't take a screenshot of my app!?

I also cannot display the builder screen in Windows while sharing the mobile connection. It was handy for developing.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

mihaly-toth-nc
Explorer
0 Kudos

As far as I remember from official communication from the Team it was disabled due to security concerns by some SAP clients. There were some posts and conversations about this topic on the old forums. But I can't seem to find the page anymore. 

As a solution, there should be a logic flow function that you can add to your application from the marketplace just search for the 'Take screenshot'. I am however not sure how it should work as we so far have not yet implemented a feature like that in our applications. 
Hope this helps and have a great day. 

No-code expert with extensive experience in SAP Build Apps (former Appgyver), Firebase, Xano. Actively working on a startup and further projects.

ramg
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is and old and controversial problem.

Personally I consider a bug, but the SAP team says is a feature.

Because (still) there is no way to configure the app to allow or disallow screen captures, and for security reasons (those apps that manage credit card or banking information for example) they (the SAP Team) took the more restrictive solution.

But in IOS there is no way to prevent screen captures, so those apps that want's to limit that posibility have nothing to do in IOS.

I disagree with the SAP Team option...

J-Luc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok thank you... I came from the old APPgyver and it was possible, and it was a great function for customers to send bug captures, and also to use the Windows andoid emulator to develop with the application on the screen... This is a considerable lack!

JACoetzee
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would also want to add to this, we could not record a demo of our product on a phone unless it is used on an iOS device.  We had to show the app takes pictures and uses the barcode scanner, so to demo on a laptop was not feasible, even casting your Android device to a computer did not work because of the security enabled. There is now security benefit if you are able to take screenshots on iOS but not on Android. This could rather be a feature that developers can enable should they have the need for it in their application.