SAP Learning Blog Posts
Get updates on SAP learning journeys and share your own experiences by contributing a blog post to the SAP Learning group.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Update: September 30, 2016

Due to the launch of the new SCN on October 10, our openSAP badges on SCN will no longer run.

Please make sure you stay tuned to the new SCN gamification missions that will be announced as we do plan to reopen in the future!

What does this mean for you?

If you have included your SAP ID under your openSAP profile and you have earned a Record of Achievement in a recent openSAP course, you will receive an openSAP badge on SCN. You can find a list of the eligible courses below. Please be patient as it will take some time to get the badge awarded to your profile.

Please note: If you already earned an openSAP badge, you will not receive an additional badge or points.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To make it easier for the SCN team to assign your badge to your profile, please include your SAP ID under your openSAP profile before the course closes

We're excited to announce the first openSAP mission on SCN!

Our new learning year gets underway this September and we're delighted to announce that everyone who enrolls to any new openSAP course and successfully completes their chosen course will earn our new SCN badge; I Successfully Completed an openSAP Course!

There are two parts to this mission:

• Enroll in an upcoming openSAP course: Registration and enrollment is completely free of charge - all you need to sign up is a valid e-mail address. To ensure you earn the badge on SCN, we recommend you also include your SAP ID under your openSAP profile. This will make the allocation of your badge easier.
  • Successfully complete the course: Complete the weekly assignments and final exam. If you earn a minimum of 50% in your overall score, you will earn the SCN badge and a Record of Achievement

After the course has closed and results are in, your new SCN badge will be assigned to your SCN profile! (Please allow approx 2 weeks for this to complete)

This badge will be available for all openSAP courses starting after September 1, 2015. Please note that even if you successfully complete more than one openSAP course after September 1, 2015, you will only earn one openSAP SCN badge.

Participants who earn a Record of Achievement in our currently running courses will receive an openSAP SCN badge once they include their SAP ID under their openSAP profile before the course closes.

172 Comments
Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Torsten for your kind reply. Even I got 15 points for opensap Record of achievement(ROA). Even if one badge we get, the point should be added for each course completion with ROA .

It's quite motivating :smile:

Regards,

Niladri

former_member208449
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Team

I have completed an Open SAP course last week and I got the record of achievement. I added my SAP User ID under the OpenSAP profile after I received the record of achievement. So, when can I expect the Open SAP badge on my SAP SCN profile. Please let me know if I need to do anything else to get the Open SAP badge on my SCN profile.

Torsten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gowthami Bhogireddy,

Congrats for completing the openSAP course successfully! You prepared everything correctly for receiving the badge soon, it just might take some days more for processing the badges to SCN.

Kind regards and thanks for your patience,

Torsten

Torsten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gowthami Bhogireddy,

the badges for the course "Software Development on SAP HANA (Delta SPS 09, Repeat)" are created and processed now.

Kind regards,

Torsten

former_member208449
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten

That's great. Thank you.

Regards

Gowthami

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will there at any point be a Sybase course?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Torsten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I am not aware if this is in planning, but I will pass your wish at least to the portfolio team.

Kind regards,

Torsten

KishoreKumarV
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hallo Claire,

I am having an Issue in adding my P user - I am getting an error as "invalid_sap_id_email".

Kishore

0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Please use your primary SCN registered email also at openSAP. Otherwise the system can't verify your SAP ID.

Thanks

KishoreKumarV
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Instead Is it possible to change my primary SCN registered email id to the one which I am using on OpenSAP, since I have completed many other courses before and I don't want to change my id in OpenSAP instead I would do it here in SCN. How can I do it? In profile when I click on change email id it is not taking the new email id.

Regards,

Kishore Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can change it on openSAP and it does not have any effect on your learning progress. So no problem from that side. In terms of SCN email, I would need to forward you to the SCN support. I am not an expert here :wink:

thanks,

Jochen

ralf_wenzel_heuristika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In other words: It is not possible for SAP, to run a program, scanning all profiles with achievements and sending the list to SCN, where another program puts the badge on all this profiles.

It may be a strange idea, but: Perhaps, SAP should hire some software developers....

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

last week, I successfully completed an openSAP course and my scn p id is already there before course enrollment and exam but still I can't see the badge in my scn profile.

When the badge would be added in my scn profile.

Thanks & Regards

Sarfaraz Ahmed

Torsten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sarfarez Ahmed,

I assume you are talking about the "SAP Business Networks in a Nutshell"? This is a nutshell course that is officially open until November 18th. The badge process will start after this, so please expect that your SCN badge will be completet after that.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Torsten

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valued reply.

Regards,

S Ahmed

MarceloRSilva
Participant
0 Kudos

I had the same question, but now it is answered! Thanks Torsten!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking forward to the openSAP badge after successful completion of the 2 courses:

• Leadership in Digital Transformation
  • SAP S/4HANA in a Nutshell (Repeat)

Cheers, Manfred.:-)

StefNoyens
Participant
0 Kudos

Seems like the gamefication is really catching on :cool:

Grts, Stef

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completed openSAP "Africa Code Week" courses, but the badge does not appear in my completed missions.

The courses were closed on Nov, 2nd.

When will the badge be added to my scn profile?

Thanks & Regards

-- Raz

Torsten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Raz,

the badges for the African Code Week will be processed until the end of this week.

Thanks for your patience,

Torsten

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completed successfully openSAP "Run Simple HR with SuccessFactors Employee Central" course with 93% score :smile: , but the badge does not appear in my completed missions.

The courses were closed on Nov, 3rd. and final result also announced

Kindly please note that i have already check and make sure all perquisite mapping settings between my SCN Profile and OpenSAP Profile which found perfect.

When will the badge be added to my scn profile?

Thanks & Regards

Bashir Ahmad

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir,

Please be patient, you should see the badge appear in the coming days.

Kind regards,

Claire

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your reply, i am already be patient & clam :wink: :smile:

Regards;

Bashir Ahmad

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

For your information, Hurrah.! now i am able to see my OpenSAP badge on my SCN Profile.

Regards;

Bashir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already completed this course: "Experience SAP Cloud for Customers".

With the following score:

Why is the course Badge not appearing on my profile?

Kindly check. Thanks All!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic

Normally it takes some days until the badge appears on the profile.

Cheers, Manfred.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the course was completed and closed last october. It's been more than a month now.

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Dominic,

Please check if you have added your SAP ID to your openSAP profile as this is the information we need to add your badge to your SCN profile. Then you should see the badge appear in the next batch of new badges assigned.

Kind regards

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Already added my SAP ID to my openSAP Profile.

Here is the SAP ID:

Kindly please check?

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

My colleagues are working on adding your badge. Since the ID wasn't there when the course completed, this is why it was not added.

You should see the badge on your profile in the coming days.

Enjoy your new badge :smile:

Kind regards,

Claire

Clemens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

As my colleague Claire promised, the openSAP badge finally made it into your profile.

Cheers,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens ,

I do have the same issue. I can't update my scn user in open sap portal and getting invalid user id error. how can i proceed further to get opensap batch.

Thanks

Dass

0 Kudos

Hi Dass,

make sure you use the same email identity on both systems, so SCN and openSAP.

If you are still facing problems let me know.

best,

Jochen

ralf_wenzel_heuristika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I still can't believe, why courses from the past can't be used for badge creating process. I linked openSAP to SCN, openSAP knows my former courses and certificates, it's just a report, which has to run once over all openSAP profiles and send a two-column-table to SCN, containing User-ID and bool-typed badge-indicator.

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

As I've explained in previous comments, it is not because it is not technically possible. At openSAP, we have over 270,000 users so if we just awarded the badge to everyone that did a course before the badge existed, nobody would actually "earn" the badge.

With SCN Missions and gamification in general, people do something when they know about the reward they get at the end of the mission.

It's about the human feeling of "I want to earn the badge", rather than a technical ability to run a report....

Kind regards,

Claire

ralf_wenzel_heuristika
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is not my world - The badges are for me a kind of a "knowledge status". I don't think, doing a course for getting the badge is the right way - doing the course for getting the know how is my world.

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

The Record of Achievement provides the knowledge status that you mention and this has always been provided to everyone who successfully completes an openSAP course. The Record of Achievement includes your grade and if you are part of the top 5%/10%/20% who took part in the course - this, for me, really shows your knowledge status. These can also be shared online, if you wish. On the bottom of your Record of Achievement, there is a unique url that you can share with others.

The SCN badges are simply an extra reward for fun and in no way replace or equal the Record of Achievement.

Kind regards,

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

I have recently completed "Run Simple HR with SuccessFactors Employee Central" in Open.sap.com with 94% and after going through this blog i have updated my P User ID in Open.sap.com.

Still open sap badge is not appearing in my profile.

Can you ask your team to look into this issue.

Regards

Ramesh

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Ramesh

thanks for reaching out. I'll pass your details on to my colleagues and you should see the badge appear in the coming week.

Kind regards

Claire

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm so excited to see this mission launch on SCN!

former_member198661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Recently i have completed SAP S/4 HANA - Use Case course and also received the record of achievement. But still open SAP badge is not appearing in my SCN profile(S User ID is maintained in open SAP profile).

Can you kindly ask your team to look into this

Thanks

With Regards,

Anand Kadirvelu

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

It takes time for the badge to be added to your profile so please be patient. You should see it appear within the next week.

Kind regards,

Claire

former_member198661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the clarification.

With Regards,

Anand Kadirvelu

Clemens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

As my colleague Claire promised, the openSAP badge finally made it into your profile.

Cheers,

Clemens

Clemens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

the openSAP badge is now available in your profile.

Cheers,

Clemens

former_member198661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

Thanks

Now I could able to see the openSAP badge in my profile.

Regards,

Anand Kadirvelu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

Thanks,now i could able to see the Open SAP  badge in my profile.

Regards

Ramesh

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have passed Open SAP - ARIBA today and happy :smile:

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

It will be approximately 1-2 weeks after the final documents are available.

Kind regards,

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

I want to know if it will also assign a badge to the course

Developing Mobile Apps Cloud Platform With SAP HANA just ended.

Also can you also share how this badge claim? Right now I see no such badge in my account!!

Thank you