cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get involved with teaching SAP BI at a University

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working on SAP BI for about 8 years and have good ideas on where it can add value to companies. How can I go about teaching it at a university?

View Entire Topic
CrispianTan
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Based on my observation where we have our SAP colleagues give a short seminar at universities and schools lasting 1 to 2 hours long, the students and teaching staff always appreciate those sessions. This is because our SAP colleague - be they from pre-sales or business development - are able to translate theory (what is being taught in schools) into real-life experience for students (via examples of real company implementation).

Hence, a good way for you to start teaching in a university is for you to volunteer your time giving these seminars to students at a university close to you. Once you have established that rapport with the schools, the school may then look into engaging you to teach SAP BI course in their school.

All the best to you in your teaching!

Crispian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arvind

I would like to second Crispian's thoughts on presenting at local universities. I have done probably 10 presentations at SAP schools over the past year. Typically I give the standard "corporate overview" presentation and then answer questions for a few minutes. I've spoken to the MIS "club" of several hundred students all the way down to an individual class of 20 students. I've gotten wonderful feedback and always personally gotten a great deal of satisfaction seeing the students and professors excited about SAP when I leave.

The true value of SAP and our ecosystem of customers and partners is sometimes obscured by the need for professors to focus on teaching the "basics" in class, so they really do appreciate anyone from SAP (or our customers or partners) who talk to them about the role of SAP in the "real world". Anything you can do to help educate students about the real world of SAP would be a valuable contribution. They love hearing "war stories" and little anecdotes about what they will face once they hit the workforce.

Cheers

Jeff

PS. I've been offered teaching jobs at almost every school I present at

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I teach BI in both overview courses (undergraduate and MBA) as well as technical courses for our BSIS-MIS majors. I am always looking for BI professionals who have time to share their knowledge and experiences with our students. While this can be a face-to-face visit, it does not necessarily need to be the case. A virtual class visit also works nicely.

Best wishes,

Lorraine Gardiner