Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"/DMO/AGENCY_D" is not a suitable draft persistency for "/DMO/R_AGENCYTP"

MartinKnechtel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am in Learning Journey "Acquiring Core ABAP Skills", Unit 7 "Database Updates Using Business Objects", last exercise "Modifying Data Using EML" (link)

[Update 2023-11-15: without me running anything, just freshly launching Eclipse and ADT, I see the syntax error already. Inserting Screenshot below.]

AGENCY_D.png

On execution I receive the following error. Looks like it has nothing to with my code. Is this because on Trial the ABAP Platform instance is shared and sb. could have broken the /DMO/R_AGENCYTYP?

"/DMO/AGENCY_D" is not a suitable draft persistency for "/DMO/R_AGENCY
TP" (there is a type mismatch in field "/DMO/ZZSLOGANZAG").

I use a BTP Trial account in US East (link)

My implementation code looks very similar to the code presented in the demo in that chapter and I cannot see why it should not be working. Here is my implementation.

METHOD if_oo_adt_classrun~main.

DATA update_tab TYPE TABLE FOR UPDATE /DMO/R_AgencyTP.

update_tab = VALUE #( ( agencyID = '070002' Name = 'Fligh High Martin' ) ).

MODIFY ENTITIES OF /DMO/R_AgencyTP
ENTITY /DMO/Agency
UPDATE FIELDS ( name )
WITH update_tab.

COMMIT ENTITIES.

out->write( `written to DB. Now check for updates.` ).

ENDMETHOD.

View Entire Topic
onFlow
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried to do the quick fix, but I don't have the necessary rights.

Clemens_Mannert
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi onFlow,

I wasn't aware that BTP trial users are not authorized to apply this fix. In that case, I'm afraid, there is nothing I can do to help you, SAP Learning cannot assume any responsibility for the consistency of /DMO/-objects in BTP Trail systems. Please contact the BTP Trial System support and ask them to do one of the following:

1. Apply the fix as described in your ABAP instance
  2. Refresh the /DMO/ content in your ABAP instance from ABAP Git
  3. Transfer your user to a newer BTP Trial instance

If your company holds a Learning Hub licence, you can book a hands-on practice system for the Acquiring Core ABAP Skills learning journey (see here for details). In those systems, the /DMO/ objects are consistent. There you will also find the /LRN/ objects, which are mentioned in the exercises and which are not available on BTP trial.

Regards,
Clemens Mannert