cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create ABAP program in ABAP Cloud Project - learning journey "Acquiring Core ABAP Skills"

nknight
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am starting the learning journey "Acquiring Core ABAP Skills". I am now at the step of importing the ABAP Flight Reference Scenario for the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model into your system. In the instructions for this, there is the pre-requisite "You have downloaded and installed the zabapgit_standalone report."

In eclipse, when I try to create an ABAP program so that I can load this, I get the error "No authorization to create objects of this object type in the selected project."

nknight_0-1702620931998.png

I found SAP knowledgebase article 3297889 (No authorization to create objects of this object type in the selected project | ABAP Development Tools - SAP S/4HANA Cloud).

I can confirm that I already have the role SAP_BR_DEVELOPER assigned as per below screenshot.

nknight_1-1702621139121.png

I'm not sure what else to do as I followed all of the instructions in the training material.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks

Nicole

Margit_Wagner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @nknight 
I reached out our SAP experts for support. Please expect a delay in the response.
Kind regards
Margit

View Entire Topic
Clemens_Mannert
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Nicole,

the zabapgit_standalone report is only needed (and allowed) in OnPremise systems.
In Cloud-Systems, ABAPGit access comes out of the box.

Please open the abapGit Repositories view in Eclipse as follows:

• From the menu, choose Window->Show View->Other ...
  • From the list, choose abapGit Repositories 

The green plus (+) sign on the top right corner opens a dialog where you to enter the URL and the package you already created. Make sure you choose the correct branch, that is the one for cloud systems (refs/heads/ABAP-platform-cloud)   

Enjoy your ABAP Learning Journey!

Regards,
Clemens 

nknight
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Clemens. I have followed the instructions in the read me file of https://github.com/SAP-samples/abap-platform-refscen-flight/tree/ABAP-platform-cloud and am still facing difficulties. I am following the Download instructions and at step 5 it says "Select the branch ABAP-platform-cloud and enter the newly created package /DMO/FLIGHT as the target package and choose Next", but for me it does not ask me or allow me to enter the newly created package /DMO/FLIGHT as a target package. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?
nknight
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Clemens, You can ignore this comment; I realised my mistake. I was using the general Eclipse Git instead of the ABAP Git. Hopefully all sorted now.