SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP logon 640 help files missing in my system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can anyone tell me how should i install application help & sap library to the front end. I have sap logon 640 version. I downloaded the whole SAP logon 640 version from sap-market but I am unable to get application help when i do F1. How to activate my sap library and application help for my front end??

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

You can find that help files at <Drive>:\Program Files\SAP6.40Gui\FrontEnd\SAPgui\SAPguihelp. If it is not there try to collect this compiled file and drop it into this folder. This will help you.

Thanks,

Kathirvel

0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

I have these files in the specifed directory:-

sapguiDE.chm

sapguiEN.chm

__sap.dir.

But even then, when i try to access either SAP Library or Application help from my front end, I get some error message saying that error in SAP Html-help(SHH.exe).

I tried executing that file but i get the message missing parameter. Looks like my file has been corrupted or maybe some other files are missing.

I just today upgraded from gui 620 to 640 so during the process my help files must have been corrupted.

Can you tell me where to fetch those missing files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

1. Try to uninstall the front end completely and reinstall the new one again.

2. Or give me your mail id i will mail your these files that are not corrupted.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto transcation SR13 and create a new Entry .

Platform - WN32 ( or the one suits you )

Area - IWBHELP

Server name - http://help.sap.com

path - /saphelp_470/helpdata ( for standard 470 help )

Language - EN

Default = 'X'.

Now you will be ale to see SAP Library from help menu.

Cheers.