Sustainability Blogs
Delve into SAP sustainability blogs. Gain insights into tech-driven sustainable practices and contribute to a greener future for businesses and the planet.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asidiq
Advisor
Advisor
With its 48 years of history, SAP has not only grown impressively fast but also gained a lot of facets which sometimes are really surprising. This may also apply to the SAP Social Sabbatical. If you haven't hear of it before, you should definitely read this blog!

SAP has always taken great effort to stay sustainable and have a positive impact. Helping the world run better is a massive task and there is a lot of work to do. SAP's Social Sabbatical is one of the pillars to do so.

But what is the Social Sabbatical all about? The best description for it is delivered by PYXERA Global - the organisation which helps SAP and runs the program:
The SAP Social Sabbatical is an award-winning CSR portfolio designed to both leverage and develop talent at SAP and help mission-driven organizations focused on bridging the digital divide to Run Simple. SAP employees are placed in highly diverse teams to dedicate their skills, expertise and know-how in a unique, short-term assignment while achieving triple impact – solving concrete strategic challenges for client organizations, developing leadership skillsof participants and advancing SAP as an Employer of Choice.

So in general, SAP sends 100+ employees every year to support social causes and enterprises by providing Know-How and build sustainable impact. This has been running for multiple years now and as you can see, the program already had a great impact.

Impact of the SAP Social Sabbatical

It's not very easy to be part of the SAP Social Sabbatical. Only a selected group of employees can actually apply for the program and even then, a two-round application process lowers the numbers to the final core of participants. To keep up the spirit and idea of the program, participants don't know which country they are assigned to and which time they will leave.

I was lucky to be selected for the 2019-2020 round of the SAP Social Sabbatical and I'm really looking forward to drive social innovation and be part of the program. I will dedicate the whole month of February 2020 to support a social enterprise and bring in my Know-How.

To make sure that you get direct insights, I will share my experiences on various channels and keep you updated on my mission. This blog is the first in its series but make sure to follow my channels to get the latest updates:

Feel free to subscribe to my feed, add me as a contact or just "listen" in!

But where will I be heading?

Let's play a small game. I will show you a picture of the location and you try to guess it. Afterwards, scroll down to get the answer!

Bangkok montage 2 - licensed with CC BY-SA 3.0

The picture source already has the answer: Our team and me will travel to Bangkok in Thailand and support various exciting and innovative social projects. Bangkok is a very cultural and diverse city. With Thailand's economic growth, it's a very exciting place with a lot of innovation and change going on.

You may now ask yourself which project I will support but unfortunately, I will not answer this today. Keep following my articles, newsfeed or tweets to get more insights and get a glimpse at our project and our work to support it.

Do you have any questions about the SAP Social Sabbatical or want to know more about related topics? Feel free to leave a comment, drop me a message or approach me on any of the mentioned channels above. I'm looking forward to get in touch with you!

Update: Week 1 is over. Head over to this blog and find out more about it!
3 Comments