Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Background

When I started my SAP BTP ABAP cloud development I faced couple of error on the journey. Few on BTP some on ADT (Eclipse), I will be showcasing them below with their respective resolutions:

300+ Free Error & Mistake Images - PixabayYou were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.

Error Screenshot:

ADT Error

Solution Problem Analysis - Free image on Pixabay Delete the ABAP trial service key and service instance you created, Then create it 'MANUALLY'. If you again try to create using the booster then you will end up with same state.

For the MANUAL instance creation if you are not sure how to do it check this blog for reference:

Initial Configurations for ABAP in the Cloud – Cloud Foundry Environment | SAP Blogs

300+ Free Error & Mistake Images - PixabayCannot connect to Service Instance. The service is currently not available.

Error Screenshot:

Solution Problem Analysis - Free image on Pixabay Check the ADT eclipse version you are on. If its not latest then do the below steps to update it

ADT https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest
Eclipse http://download.eclipse.org/releases/latest 

Reference: Update for ABAP Development Tools fails when using an outdated Eclipse version | SAP Blogs or SAP Development Tools (ondemand.com)

300+ Free Error & Mistake Images - PixabayLogon to system TRL failed (The message content is not acceptable. Accepted content types: application/vnd.sap.adt.core.http.session.v2+xml)

Error screenshot:

ADT Error

Solution Problem Analysis - Free image on Pixabay Check the ADT eclipse version you are on. If its not latest then do the below steps to update it.

1. In Eclipse, choose in the menu bar Help > Install New Software.

2. Enter the URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest.

3. Press Enter to display the available features.

4. Follow the steps and complete them.

5. Once ADT is installed. Eclipse will restart.

300+ Free Error & Mistake Images - Pixabay Creating Service Instance FAILED

Error screenshot:

SAP BTP ABAP Environment Error while creating the ABAP Service Instance using Booster option

Solution Problem Analysis - Free image on Pixabay Delete the ABAP trial service key and service instance you created, Then create it 'MANUALLY'.

For the MANUAL instance creation if you are not sure how to do it check this blog for reference:

Initial Configurations for ABAP in the Cloud – Cloud Foundry Environment | SAP Blogs

300+ Free Error & Mistake Images - Pixabay "You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the service instance logon. please ensure that your user has the appropriate roles"

Error screenshot:

Error Screenshot:

Solution Problem Analysis - Free image on Pixabay

1. Go to ABAP Instance Dashboard in BTP

2. In dashboard go to Identity and Access Management catalog under Administration

3. Click Tile "Maintain Business Roles"

4. Go to role "SAP_BR_DEVELOPER"

5. Edit the role

6. Add You user to this role

7. Save

8. Go to Eclipse and create Project ABAP Cloud using service key from BTP and logon via web browser

9. Now, everything works well

or try this link

I will be updating this sheet with new error and solutions to the same. You are welcomed to add new error and resolutions in this area from you.

My Other Blogs:

Share & Connect

Useful? like and share on social media.
Connect with me on :

Thank you,

Pavan Golesar
23 Comments
samanasa
Explorer
Helpful post, thanks for sharing
samanasa
Explorer
0 Kudos
Helpful post for troubleshooting ! Thanks for sharing
TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Pavan

Thanks for this. I have only begun to create the BTP trial service instance and face some problems by doing this via the booster. Not you say the booster will newer work and I must create the instance manually, and I try this, but I get to some page where I must enter some instance parameters.

What to enter here?

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Hi thomasmadsen.nielsen,

Apparently there are some known issues with creating ABAP Instance using Boosters. With that said the best solution that worked is to create the instance manually.

Can you share a screenshot for the page you are referring to for entering instance parameters.

Ideally it will ask for email you can enter your registered email and get job done anyways you can share screenshot if still blocked.

PG

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos
It seems to be expecting at least an email address

TMNielsen
Contributor
0 Kudos
I entered an email and was able to create a service instance, but I fail to understand what this email is for.
Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
Hi Thomas,

The email id would be used for mapping it to the instance and later used for accessing it via ADT.

Hope this helps!

Pavan G
Mujeeb
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Team,

I am facing this issue related to roles, can somebody help here. I am having Admin role assinged still facing this issue.

ADT Issue

Regards,

Mujeeb
yaesr_alabbasi
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI PAVAN..

i have faced a problem it's not similar to any of what you have displayed in this blog can you help me with it or candidate some one to help;

it's with the bellow link

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13754700/logon-to-system-trl-failed-unauthorized.html

0 Kudos
Hi Experts,
I had the first error: "You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance".

Unfortunately, the blog did not help:
Initial Configurations for ABAP in the Cloud – Cloud Foundry Environment | SAP Blogs.

🤬🤬🤬 I spent two hours doing this one thing. This is not how it should be! 🤬🤬🤬

All attempts to enter an Email address were unsuccessful.🤐🤐🤐

Step 4.2 in the current version when indicating US East (VA) instead of specifying:
https://api.cf.us10-001.hana.ondemand.com
pointed incorrectly to
https://api.cf.us10.hana.ondemand.com

I had to mark "Region" to the value "Other". From where I guessed. Here was the information.

However, we still have not been able to fix this error and I have a condition like at the very beginning. We love you SAP.

Today I performed the login steps again. I used the previously mentioned manual URL and login and password entry.

The login succeeded without making any additional changes. Is it the fault of time 1 day since I created SAP BTP?
Sadullah
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I think SAP guys fixed it.

Hello,

I have tried the same configurations as per blog Initial Configurations for ABAP in the Cloud – Cloud Foundry Environment | SAP Blogs, and deleted the service key and service instance as well, but still end up with same error message.

Could you please suggest.
Today you created an account from scratch on BTP?

The only advice I have after creating an ABAP trial (without a key) is to wait 24 or 48 hours.

Tom
Thanks for the reply.

Issue has been sorted out by providing ABAP developer role (SAP_BR_DEVELOPER).

Reference - https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-business-technology-platform/assigning-abap-developer-user-to-abap...

Regards

Prabhakaran
michaltvrdy74
Participant
I have the same problem ("you were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the service instance logon. please ensure that your user has the appropriate roles")

Problem has been solved via ABAP system setting (roles).

1. Go to ABAP Instance Dashboard in BTP

2. In dashboard go to Identity and Access Management catalog under Administration

3. Click Tile "Maintain Business Roles"

4. Go to role "SAP_BR_DEVELOPER"

5. Edit the role

6. Add You user to this role

7. Save

8. Go to Eclipse and create Project ABAP Cloud using service key from BTP and logon via web browser

9. Now, everything works well

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks I've added these details of error resolutions list above so that others can check it.

eduardo_andrade
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you, that solved for me also.

One last info: your subaccount have to be entitled to use the "Web access for ABAP" service.
S0016974584
Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Pavan. This guide resolved all the issues encountered during adt login of btp abap instance. I primarily faced the below 2 issues and was able to tackle with your mentioned steps. Appreciate !

You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance

You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the service instance logon. please ensure that your user has the appropriate roles

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks sujin_a Well I can say - Mission accomplished!!! My aim was to solve issues for other folks who land up with same error and my blog accomplished it!

Thank you for your genuine response. This helps me keep up to such initiatives I do, Appreciate your reply.

Good day!!!!

Pavan Golesar

My Other Blogs:

Yasin
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Pavan

i was getting the bellow error while trying to connect to my SAP BTP cloud account and setup the ABAP Environment your blog was helpful to me to fix the issue

300+ Free Error & Mistake Images - PixabayYou were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during the Service Instance logon. Please ensure that you have a user for the Service Instance.

Thanks

tgnasarius
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I got the following error: You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during fetching the Service Instance's SAP System ID.

Do you know how to solve this one?

AykutTumer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All, 

I had the following error: You were successfully authenticated, but an error occurred during fetching the Service Instance's SAP System ID.

Do you know how to solve it?

Labels in this area