Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a-thaler
Advisor
Advisor
I’m part of the team working on the Observability feature for SAP BTP, Kyma runtime, and in my previous blog post: Deprecation of Prometheus/Grafana based monitoring in SAP BTP, Kyma runtime, I announced the deprecation of the monitoring functionality based on Prometheus and Grafana. Today, I'd like to inform you about the imminent removal of the functionality with Kyma release 2.20 (planned for November 2023).

Consequences

The removal of the integrated Prometheus/Grafana installation affects the following features:

• You will lose access to Grafana and the ability to browse metrics for up to 30 days.

• You will lose access to the Prometheus API and the ability to access metrics for up to 30 days.

Still, the following options will not be affected:

Conclusion

Kyma's feature for storing and browsing metrics based on Prometheus and Grafana will be removed from the SAP BTP, Kyma runtime in version 2.20.

If you haven't integrated your solution with an external monitoring system yet, this is the right time to start evaluating and implementing it: For example, integrate with a 3rd-party provider like Dynatrace, or implement a custom installation of Prometheus/Grafana.

Stay tuned for any upcoming SAP BTP, Kyma runtime blog posts and follow the related topic page.

2 Comments