Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver and AS ABAP

revathimp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to install only SAP Netwaever like before? What are the possible releases? 7.xx?

Is it possible to install only AS ABAP( without higher application layer) ? What are the possible releases? 7.yy?

Regards,
Revathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Revanthi,

As far as I know, yes, you can install an SAP NetWeaver ABAP AS without any higher application. You just need their installation media.

The most recent SAP NetWeaver ABAP releases are: 7.40, 7.50, 7.51, 7.52, 7.53.

Regards,

Isaías

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi revathi.mp,

I am not sure what sort of information you wanted gather as from your Product-Owner point of view. Generally, you can easily search any product details via PAM. Generally, a SAP BASIS person does installation in any organisation, so you could contact your BASIS guy if you are looking for a particular product details & compatibility. Not only that you can also check in SAP Notes. We see that you are already SAP employee.

Generally, this sort of questions answers are easy find on Google, but then again comes my 1st question on what scenario did lead you to this sort of question

Its like if I ask a Maths teacher about numbers then its a very easy find for him/her but could be a different scenario with the same question to a History or Geography teacher

Coming back to your actual question, I see that already to some extent there are answers already provided by others.

Is it possible to install only SAP Netwaever like before? Like before meaning what, that not clear. See, with SWPM comes with different combination. Its similar to older SWPM, for older NW installations SWPM comes like 70SWPM10SPxxx.sar with which you can install older version like NW7.0 releases. Generally if a organisation wants the updated package for GRC, then they can go with NW 7.52 on ABAP system. So, you see the installation of a SAP system comes from the requirement of the customer & also to remain updated as per market standard to get the needed support from SAP

In case if you have a older SWPM, then also you can use that for installation for your purpose, just you need the required medias correspondance to that SWPM version details. But that would be for your test purpose as you would be required to be in the minimum package level to be under product support

Even you might be surprised to know that there are unofficial trail-systems SAP R/3 4.6C available in some local training centers as they do not have license cost to do upgrade their systems

In case you are looking for some other areas or other deeper points to explore, you can let us know in comments on which particular area you are focusing & why & then we can try to help you out

Thanks,

Kaushik

warren_angerstein3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There are install packages for NW only it appears.

1. SAP EHP1 for NW7.3
  2. SAP NW 7.3
  3. SAP NW 7.4
  4. SAP NW 7.5

I am not undertaning your second questoin. Can you rephrase it or ask it a different eway?