Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting blog posts after sending them for review

MichaelVogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

I created a blog post and sent it for review. A colleague of mine is co-author. After a couple of hours, she told me that the post can be published. When I went to. the blog post, I could only see the recall button, whereas my colleague had additional buttons to 'Submit for Publication' or 'Post'.

MichaelVogel_0-1706892858923.png

How come only one of us had those buttons? What do I need to do to get them as well?

Thank you for your help dear community ❤️

Best regards,

Michael

9 REPLIES 9

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's related to your rank in the system, I would assume your colleague is a "Product and Topic Expert" where as you are a "Advisor" 

MichaelVogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast response @craigcmehil Then the question is how does one become "Product and Topic Expert"? So far, we basically did the same things on the platform since Monday.

I can only say continue to do what you are doing, specifics about each individual level we do not give out ro prevent individuals from artificially trying to jump up the ranks.

MichaelVogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok @craigcmehil , but that doesn't really encourage people to contribute if the system is opaque and incomprehensible. How would my blog post ever get released if not by a gentle soul that has the right rank? How are you supposed to find this person to release?

We have individuals who are reviewing the queues to release posts that have been submitting (can be up to 5 days for processing) or for those who have reached that next level already were the permission is automatic.

MichaelVogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Then I was lucky my colleague - for reasons not yet fully understood - had reached this level, or Juergen would have looked bad if the links we provided him with for his presentation at the DSAG Technology Days next Tuesday won't work 😉

Thank you for your help @craigcmehil 

Can I mark this somehow as resolved ? The discussion will not be leading anywhere...

All good just a discussion. It's resolved in that everyone knows that certain things happen at certain levels so anyone searching for a similar thing may find this and have clarity as well.

MichaelVogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry @craigcmehil to be nagging again. I feel it would at least help to know which functionalities are available at which level - even if you don't want to disclose how to climb the levels. Such a documentation helps users to avoid frustration of not being able to do things. Maybe I have overlooked this part in the getting started section? If it is not yet there, it would really help to manage end user's expectations.

Enjoy your week-end 😍

https://community.sap.com/t5/what-s-new/let-the-gamification-begin/ba-p/311892 Is a great starting point. More info will be coming as we finalise all the migration topics.