Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,222 REPLIES 5,222

EmanuelGraves
Explorer

Hi, I already presented myself in the welcome corner, but I think that telling a bit more about myself may be interesting to someone.
I am from Moldova originally, it's a small country in Europe, I already accepted the fact that many people don't know about it. I came in the USA 2 years ago because I wanted to see the culture I always dreamed about looking at movies and TV shows. I am studying at the University of Virginia, and to be honest I love it here. I have finally the life of an american student with parties, field trips, friends from all around the globe and moreover I am enjoying the studies. I hope that it's enough and interesting to someone, if you have any further questions you can address them.

Welcome @EmanuelGraves - I've heard of Moldova! If you're a fan of movies and TV shows then I definitely think you will enjoy some of the discussions over in our Coffee Corner! In case you don't know already, we use the Coffee Corner for more light-hearted and off-topic discussions - please feel free to join any discussion or start one of your own!! 
I'm also from a small country in Europe, Ireland - and part of the SAP Community team.

FYI - we also have: Beginner Corner, SAP Learning Group and  Career Corner.
Hope you enjoy your time here in SAP Community and good luck with your studies.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

DCharanRaj
Discoverer

Hi, everyone

Iam from INDIA

I am happy to be part of this group 🎉

Hello @DCharanRaj warm welcome to SAP Community. Great that you are now part of it. As you are from India, I would like to point you to the already existing location groups around India. You can find them here. When you found one, which is close to where you live, you can simply click the blue "join" button and you are part of it! Once there are local activities, you find out via the group, or you can even connect with other group members on your own. Furthermore, the SAP Learning Groups are a great starting point here.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Abbym
Newcomer

Hallo liebe Laura Schmitz, 

Ich bin Abby aus Deutschland/Mettmann,  leben seit einiger Zeit in Ghana. 

Ich bin hier noch ganz neu und weiß noch nicht wirklich wie ich SAP nutzen kann. 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hallo @Abbym willkommen in der SAP Community!

We use to communicate in English here, to give everyone the opportunity to follow the conversation. That is also the reason I am answering in English. 😉

As you mentioned, you are not sure how to start with SAP, let me please point you to these main components of SAP Community:

Simply choose the three-dot-menu and click "subscribe". Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you get notified about new content published!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Lukmanwi9130
Discoverer

Hi,

i am Lukman From Jakarta, Indonesia

Senior Developer

Welcome @Lukmanwi9130 - it's great to have someone new join from Indonesia. Hope you can make the most out of SAP Community by joining some of our open groups, taking part in discussions, blogging, and so on! Feel free to subscribe to the What's New area also to stay up-to-date on all things community! Reach out any time you need support.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

IhochiChibueze
Newcomer

Good evening, 
I am joining from Nigeria 

Welcome @IhochiChibueze and greetings to Nigeria. Great you are joining from there!

I would like to give you some help and recommendations how to start in SAP Community. Check out the following links:

Simply choose the three-dot-menu and click "subscribe". Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you get notified about new content published! Enjoy being part of SAP Community.

Raje1
Active Participant

I am SAP Extended Warehouse Management Functional Consultant I am from Noida India.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @Raje1 welcome! Did you know that there are specific location groups around India, where you can connect with other locals? There is none in Noida, but check them all out here, and maybe you want to join any other of them. If so, simply click the blue "join" button and you are part of it! Once there are local activities, you find out via the group, or you can even connect with other group members on your own.

For sure you should follow the SAP managed tag SAP Extended Warehouse Management so that you can get notification once there is new content about that topic.

Samudra
Participant

Hi,

I am from India, Kolkata. 

My background is on SAP Business One Consulting and on SAP S/4 HANA.

Best Regards,

Samudra Gupta

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @Samudra warm welcome to SAP Community. 
If you haven't already, I would like to recommend to check the location group Kolkata . It's a great opportunity to connect with other local peers. Also, there are regular on-site events. Might be the best chance to actually meet other community members in person.

Check it out and don't forget to "join" the group.

Anacorrea
Discoverer

Hi! I’m Ana from Medellin, Colombia! I’m here to keep learning about SAP PP and share my actual knowledge principally in Demand Driven MRP

Washington DC 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @AndreF welcome to SAP Community. It's great you are now part of it. What is your main interest? Check out our interest groups to find the one which fit most! Don't forget to "join" so you don't miss any updates anymore.

Hi @Anacorrea - exactly what our community is all about - both learning and sharing! Great to have you here. You can also network and discuss! Why not take a look at some of our open interest groups and take part in some discussions there?

Hamza_A_Khan1
Explorer

Greetings, all!

I'm Hamza from Pakistan

Welcome @Hamza_A_Khan1 - great to have you joining in from Pakistan. Can I ask which SAP topics you're most interested in?

CharlyRed
Discoverer

Regards from barcelona Spain 

Great to have you here @CharlyRed - be sure to join the Barcelona group if you haven't done so already! You can connect locally there and learn about local events.

JarvisWrightSR
Newcomer

Hello My name is Jarvis. I am from Houston, TX. I have been in the SAP realm for about 10 years now. 95% functionality from the outside and 5 % internal workings setting up reports and parameters. I am at the stage in the my career where I would love to help organizations set up for success. 

Welcome @JarvisWrightSR - 10 years is a long time! One of our SAP Champions curates a Dallas location group if you wanted to join that? You could network further in your region!

zoebrands
Associate
Associate

Hi, I am Zoe from Mannheim in Germany, located in Walldorf. I'm supporting the Strategic Projects Team (BTP Foundation, T&I). Happy to join the SAP Community 🙂

Happy to have you here @zoebrands! Feel free to join some of our open groups and take part in other discussions or start one of your own. If you're interested, you might also subscribe to the What's New board and stay up-to-date with what's new in SAP Community.

MK0024
Newcomer

Hi, I am Mathew from Austria, originally from India. Recently, I changed my career to SAP consulting and am starting with the MM module. Happy to join the community.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

@MK0024 Welcome Mathew! How do you like being an SAP Consultant? In case you don't know already, we have a couple of location groups for Austria: Wien and Zürich - please feel free to join either or both of those groups and connect locally. There's also a group for St. Gallen (Switzerland) depending on which part of Austria you live in - it might be near.

Be sure to take part in discussions in our groups! We'd love to hear from you.

Oleg_Vokh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi from Ukraine!

Hi @Oleg_Vokh welcome to SAP Community. Glad, you are onboard! I am convinced that the SAP Community will help you with your job, but it's also great to share your knowledge as an SAP expert. Here are the main components to know:

Don't forget to subscribe to the specific topics your are interested in.

DilipVoora
Participant

Hi, I am Dilip from Kuwait, originally from India and working a Senior Sybase Consultant for prodct support. Happy to be a memeber of SAP Community.

Hello @DilipVoora welcome to SAP Community. I think, you are already pretty experienced as a Senior Consultant, so you might want to take the opportunity to share your expertise with others via writing a blog post. If you still want to seek more knowledge, check our topic pages, because product teams from SAP provide latest information about SAP products.

Don't forget to subscribe to the content, you are most interested in. Learn here, how to subscribe to content.

Sure Svea.

Tim_Kaufmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

I am from SAP in Germany, writing blogs about BTP and the Digital Transformation Journey at customers.

Best

Tim

Great to have you here @Tim_Kaufmann - let us know when you write your next one! 
Which part of Germany? We have a couple of location groups for cities there.

Tim_Kaufmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

@Katherine_K I am from Walldorf.

cstrandt
Explorer

Hi All, I'm Claire and live in a small coastal town in the UK called Cleethorpes!

Sushil_k
Discoverer

Hi I am Sushil  from Germany.

Welcome @Sushil_k - which topics are you most interested to learn about in SAP Community?
Be sure to check out our location groups for Germany and see if there are any near you! We love when our community members take part in or start their own discussions in our interest groups, like the Coffee Corner. I'd like to recommend that you regularly check back and see which events are available, as there could be an in-person event near you - where you could network with other community members! Have fun!

Geeta_Menon
Advisor
Advisor

Hello, I live in Parker, Texas, USA and am associated with the SAP Plano office. Parker is not as urban as Plano and allows for larger home sites with greenery, so I love living here.