Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,224 REPLIES 5,224

CG_1
Explorer

Hello, I am from the United States. I live between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin near one of the 5 "Great Lakes" (Lake Michigan).

@CG_1 it is great to meet you in the community. I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. It sounds like you live in a hot spot where there is a lot to do.

May I ask your areas of expertise?

Please check out Interest Groups | SAP Community and join groups to easily stay engaged. Best of luck!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

DilipShukla
Explorer

Hi, I am from India and will be writing a blogs on PaPM technology.

0 Kudos

Hello @DilipShukla where in India do you live? There are a bunch of Indian location groups - maybe there is one with a location where you live or nearby. Join that group to get updates about upcoming events and other news.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Sebastian_Krebs
Participant

Hi I'm Sebastian from Switzerland. Currently located in Zurich and working for a consultancy helping customers on their way to digital HR with SAP SuccessFactors. 

Hello @Sebastian_Krebs welcome to SAP Community. There are a lot of location groups in Europe and Switzerland, including the Zürich Group. Join that group to get notification on updates, e.g. there are regular meetups called SAP Stammtisch in the region! Great opportunity to connect with other local community members like Jörg Knaus, who is managing the group!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

nikhil_kumar
Explorer

Hi, I'm Nikhil, working from Lucknow, India.

Regards,
Nikhil

Hello @nikhil_kumar welcome. Did you already check the existing location groups in India? Great opportunity to connect with other local community members.

Furthermore, there are so many interests groups here in SAP Community, so I hope you'll find some which are suiting your interests.

AndrewBHTX
Explorer

Good to meet everyone!  All the way from Texas where everything is BIGGER!

Hello @AndrewBHTX and welcome to SAP Community. I don't know where you are located in Texas, but I would like to point to the Dallas Group. It's a location group for getting the local community together. @sguerrero is managing the Dallas group and he is often organizing events. When you "join" the group, you'll get notifications once there is new content. Sounds like a plan? 😉

SertapAvci
Discoverer

Hello

I am From Turkey, currently living in İstanbul.

I look forward to contributing to SAP.

Thanks

Hello and welcome @SertapAvci - did you already join the Istanbul group? You could network locally there. Looking forward to seeing your future contributions to the community also! You might also like to subscribe (via Options) on the What's New board - that way you can keep in touch with everything new & exciting in SAP Community!!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Suhaib_Khilji
Explorer

I am a Certified SuccessFactors Consultant and am looking for Remote position for Canada or United States, and I will be working in Central Standard Time (GMT -6) 

Hello and welcome @Suhaib_Khilji - you might be interested to join our Career Corner, if you haven't done so already? You can network there, and positions get posted there also.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

MaxK
Explorer

Hello from Denmark 🙂

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello back @MaxK - thanks for tuning in from Denmark! I'm based in Ireland.

wilyereny
Participant

Hello for Dominican Republic

Welcome @wilyereny great you are on board! Please note that today the SAP Community content freeze starts as of the migration! You'll find more here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/what-s-new/bg-p/whats-new

After migration, please check out all the nice groups here to join the one which is of most interest for you.

ricardodaguilar
Newcomer

From Mexico, City.

Greetings.

Hello @ricardodaguilar welcome to SAP Community. Great you are tuning in from Mexico.

What is your expertise or your main interest? SAP Community offers so many features - check them out and don't miss to subscribe to those you are interested in:

vigneshhari
Discoverer

Bonjour from Paris, France! 🇲🇫

It's wonderful to see the SAP Community thriving and fostering connections. I appreciate your initiative to explore the diverse locations represented in our global SAP Community. As for my location, I'm currently based in the vibrant city of Paris, known for its rich history, culture, and of course, delicious cuisine. Let's continue building this global network and sharing our insights to enhance the SAP Community even further. Looking forward to connecting with fellow members from different corners of the world! 🌍

Hi @vigneshhari welcome to SAP Community. Great you are tuning in from Paris - and there is already an existing local community in Paris - the Paris Group. Join it to stay up-to-date with activities in and around Paris.
What is your expertise or your main interest? SAP Community offers so many features - check them out and don't miss to subscribe to those you are interested in:

Hello @sveabecker,

Thank you for you response, I have joined the group that you suggested to me. My keen interest lies in exploring the latest advancements in technology and staying ahead of the constantly evolving IT landscape. I am constantly seeking to master the intricate features of SAP and am particularly enamored by digital transformations, software integration, and the utilization of technology to drive business innovation and streamline processes. My skills encompass a wide range of SAP applications, including SAP Fiori, SAP S/4HANA, software integration, validation, and digital transformation. 

That sounds very interesting! Great that you are now part of the SAP Community and can benefit from the content here. Also, it would be great if you could share your knowledge as well. I would like to suggest our Tour the Community tutorial as well, to gain more knowledge about the platform. From your skills perspective, the SAP Builders Group might also be interesting to join!

Phyn
Explorer

Hello Everyone,

I am from Toronto, Canada and im very excited to join this SAP community!

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

It's great to have you here @Phyn - which topic areas are you most interested in? Hope you enjoy SAP Community and expand your network here! Let us know if we can support with anything.

@Phyn it is great to meet you. I am based in the Philadelphia, PA, US (so not too far away!) My SAP career started as a customer using materials management, and then I became a SAP BW consultant. I joined the SAP Community quite a while ago and have appreciated the community ever since. Best of luck to you.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Thank you Stephanie. You are right, not too far away. I'm hoping to take advantage of the free training . Hoping with HCM. 

Hope I find the right path. 

Hello again,

I am currently tuning in from Brussels, Belgium. 

Hello back @LisetteM !! Perhaps you've already joined the Brussels Group? Let us know any time we can support you or in case of questions! Great to have you in SAP Community.

@Katherine_K I joined, thank you!👌

That's great news @LisetteM - maybe you can network locally with some of the group curators and others like @WouterLemaire and @geert-janklaps - happy networking!

Hey

This is Ruchi Yadav from India.

Excited to join this SAP community!

Welcome @Ruchi_yadav great you are tuning in from India. You might want to check our location groups in the Asia Pacific region. There are some in India as well and maybe there is one with a city, closeby where you live. The idea is that this group helps to connect local people. "Subscribe" to the group, so that you'll get notifications, once there are updates in the group.

Ankit_Sh
Explorer

Hi, 

This is Ankit Shukla from Lucknow, India.

Regards,

Ankit

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello @Ankit_Sh really nice to meet you and welcome to SAP Community. There is a wide range of great content in here. To start with, I would like to invite you to visit and subscribe to the following:

Simply choose the three-dot-menu and click "subscribe". Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you get notified about new content published!

YasukoSekiguchi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi I am from Japan.
The company located in Tokyo but I am in Takasaki, Gumma. 140KM far away from Tokyo.

0 Kudos

Welcome @YasukoSekiguchi, great that you are now part of SAP Community. There is a location group for people in and around Tokyo - subscribe to it so you're up-to-date with related community activities.

JoelGopfertPJR
Explorer

Hi!

I am from Brazil living in Porto - Portugal, nowadays.

I am old on SAP but starting to contribute at SAP Community.

That's great and it's never too late for being part of SAP Community @JoelGopfertPJR  😊

To start with, these are the main components of SAP Community:

Simply choose the three-dot-menu and click "subscribe". Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you get notified about new content published!