Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,245 REPLIES 5,245

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello @Rajarshi welcome to SAP Community. I would like to encourage you to join the Kolkata Group. It's a location based group to connecting local community members. There will also be an SAP Inside Track next week on April 27. Register here and find more information about the event in the Kolkata Group.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

JSakth
Discoverer

Hi, I am from Chennai,India

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @JSakth welcome to SAP Community. Did you notice already the location groups here in SAP Community? There is one in Chennai and the purpose is to connect local community members. Join that group and get to know the Chennai Community!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

How do new location groups get approved and created?

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @Dean_F - which city are you from? You can read more about location groups and how to request your own.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

sdelamott
Explorer

Hi, I m from Germany and my first encounter with SAP was in August 1996 ... what a journey, SAP 👍  👍  👍 

Hello @sdelamott wow, that's been a long time! Impressive! 

My journey started in May 2000, so I am close to the next "anniversary" 😉

Where are you from in Germany? I would like to encourage you to find the most closest location group for you here in SAP Community. For Europe, including Germany, search here. Don't forget to "join" the group if you found one closeby where you live! It's a great opportunity to connect with other local community members 🙂

Hello @sveabecker ,

Please @sdelamott on LinkedIn so we can celebrate your anniversary together online.

I relocated to Spain in 2018 for an SAP project and am now looking forward to the opening of a new SAP office in Pamplona, Navarra. 😊

Although it may not be within SAP's usual scope, but you never know.

Is there an SAP Community location group in Northern Spain?

Thank you!

Will do 🙂
Sor far there is the Barcelona in Spain. Check it out! 😊 

If you would be interested in getting your own group for the city where you live, please send an email to community@sap.com and we get in contact with you!

Phil3
Newcomer

Hi, 
Phil from Düsseldorf Germany!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @Phil3 welcome to SAP Community! I would like to encourage you to subscribe to the event board "SAP Stammtisch". This event type is a casual coming together and purpose is to stay connected in the local community. Maybe there is one SAP Stammtisch nearby Düsseldorf? Find it out and leave your RSVP if you are going to join or not! Here you can also find more about the event in general.

Dean_F
Explorer

Hello from Anchorage, Alaska.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome @Dean_F - great to have someone join from Alaska. Which SAP topics are you most interested in? Let us know any time you have questions or need support.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

@Dean_F great to meet you. I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. I haven't ever been to Alaska, but would like to go sometime. May I ask your areas of interest? Thanks!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

0 Kudos

Thanks @Katherine_K and @StephanieMarley. Right now my focus is on planning for our S/4HANA conversion next year.

0 Kudos

@Dean_F I am curious is this learning journey is appealing to you? For example - Exploring SAP Cloud ERP | SAP Learning and Discovering RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud Private Edition, premium plus Implementation and Adoption

They are beginner though so you may be more advanced. I'm curious on behalf of other community members with similar paths where you will get started to build your knowledge. Thanks.

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

0 Kudos

@StephanieMarley No, we are currently on-premise only and plan to stay that way as long as we can (2040?). We will only be migrating parts of our environment to the cloud as we are forced to, probably starting with Integration Suite and CloudALM after we have fully transitioned to S/4HANA.

JorgeMarazzo
Discoverer

Dear all,

My name is Jorge Marazzo and I'm from São Paulo Brazil.

I decided to join the community to gather information so I can put in practice my plan to became a SAP Consultancy for FI and CO.

I tried to find where I can find courses/ material and the steps to move forward but I could not.

Does anyone knows where I could looking for it?

Thanks in advance!

** REMOVED BY MODERATION **

Olá, pessoal!

Meu nome é Jorge Marazzo e sou de São Paulo.

Decidi entrar para a comunidade para buscar informações a respeito de como posso me tornar um Consultor SAP para os módulos FI e CO.

Tentei encontrar cursos/ materiais e o passo a passo para a certificação mas não tive muito sucesso.

Por favor alguém sabe onde posso começar a trilhar o "caminho das pedras"?

Agradeço antecipadamente!  

** REMOVED BY MODERATION **

Welcome @JorgeMarazzo - I would recommend that you join our SAP Learning Groups, such as the Beginner Corner. The colleagues there might suggest which SAP Learning Journey would best suit your needs. For future reference, you could join our Career Corner group and get notified of positions that arise in the SAP ecosystem. Hope this helps for starters.

Thank you so much, Katherina!

I just started to explore SAP Learning Journey and the material looks like amazing.

Do you think it could be enough to prepare me to get a SAP certification that allows me to work as a consultant on FI and CO? Or should I need to achieve more knowledge (and, of course, experience).

Thanks in advance!

Please join the SAP Learning Groups and ask your questions about certification there. You may even find that someone has asked the question already. Best wishes for your journey!

@JorgeMarazzo I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. I'm checking in if you about the learning journey's so far that seem most interesting to you! Best of luck!

Thanks for your help and kindness!

karolduster
Advisor
Advisor

Hello everyone! I'm a part of SAP Customer Interaction Center Brazil and am excited to share content about SAP support & products in the near future.

Welcome @karolduster - we are looking forward to consuming your content. Great to have you here. 😊

@karolduster its great to meet you. I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. I'd like to introduce you to SAP Mentors who also live in Brazil - @eduardo_chagas and @Karen who you may want to connect with if you haven't met them yet.

Best of luck to you!

monikasch
Explorer

Hello I´m from Essen. 

And working since many years in integration stuff.

Greetings Monika

Hello @monikasch welcome to SAP Community. I am Svea from the SAP Community team and I would like to recommend to subscribe to some content here:

@monikasch SAP Integration Suite is a great place to be. Do you plan to ask and answer questions as well as write and read blogs? There is so much to learn and so much to share for you, I'm sure. Best of luck!

hbrito
Explorer

Hi everyone, I'm from Dominican Republic, currently I work as an SAP Netweaver/Security consultant and I would like to learn more about all the latest of S4/Hana, Fiori. etc. 

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @hbrito - great to have your experience here in SAP Community. You might also like to join the SAP Learning Groups including the Beginner Corner and get advice on which SAP Learning Journeys to take and so on. 

@hbrito it is great to meet you in the community. I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. I visited the Dominican Republic and you live in paradise. It sounds like you have a terrific SAP background and you're planning to learn additional great topics. Best of luck.

SapSena
Discoverer

Thank you for welcome. hello everyvone

Sena Taylan SAP profile...

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @SapSena where are you from? Did you see already the location groups here in SAP Community? Maybe there is one close to where you live? These groups are a great opportunity to connect with other local community members.

YildizKalv1
Discoverer

from the USA. Hello all.

@YildizKalv1 hi! I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. Welcome!

smarchesini
Active Contributor

Hello @YildizKalv1 , I'm living in US as well. Where are you located ? 😄
Welcome !

MahmoodSonmari
Discoverer

Hi. Just joined from India. My company uses SAP. I want to improve myself.

@MahmoodSonmari Welcome! I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. May I ask which SAP topics you may pursue? You may want to join Asia Pacific | Location-Based Groups | SAP Community too!

There are many Interest Groups | SAP Community for you to consider joining too.

gsauter
Associate
Associate

Hello, I am living in Paris area in France. In about 3 months the Olympic games will start here...

I am working as Concur technical consultant at SAP.