SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.
As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.
I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.
But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?
Great to have you here @debasissahoo ! Which SAP topics are you most interested in?
Let us know any time you have questions about SAP Community.
You might also like to join/subscribe to the Bengaluru Group if you haven't done so already.
Welcome @Streichert - great to have you in SAP Community.
@sanchezgt welcome to the community! We hope that you enjoy engaging with other community members and SAP employees. Please also check out learning.sap.com for free learning materials.
Do you have an area where you are going to build expertise? We can point you to some other places in the community to network and learn. Please check out this blog about SAP Champions and you can connect with them.
Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing you here!
Hi @Nitin_Raghav , hi @d4449 Thanks for joining SAP Community Groups. As you are both from India, you might want to explore our groups in India - check them out here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/asia-pacific/ct-p/asia-pacific
Hello @Bernardo_Santos great you are part of SAP Community! Where are you from? I am Svea from the community team, living in Germany, close to Mannheim.
Which topics are you an expert in? Check our tags and follow them: https://blogs.sap.com/tags/
Welcome @kkane - it's lovely to have you here in groups! Which part of Wisconsin are you from? I've never visited there - I think the closest I have been is to Chicago. I'm Katherine, based in Galway, Ireland and part of the community team. Hope you enjoy your time here - be sure to let us know in case of questions. There are some location groups set up for the US but I don't think there are any for your location yet. You can read more about our location groups here.
I am Aman Saxena. I am from India, born and brought up in Mainpuri(Uttar Pradesh). I am currently Living in Delhi.
Delhi is the capital city of India and has several unique aspects that make it special. Here are a few notable features of Delhi:
1. Rich Historical Heritage: Delhi is steeped in history and boasts a plethora of magnificent monuments, including the iconic Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, and Humayun's Tomb. These architectural wonders showcase the city's glorious past and attract tourists from around the world.
2. Cultural Diversity: Delhi is a melting pot of diverse cultures, languages, and traditions. People from all over India and abroad reside here, contributing to its vibrant and cosmopolitan atmosphere. The city hosts numerous festivals and cultural events that celebrate this diversity, such as Diwali, Holi, and the International Film Festival of India.
3. Gastronomic Delights: Delhi is renowned for its delectable street food. From the mouthwatering chaats of Chandni Chowk to the sizzling kebabs of Karim's, the city offers a diverse range of culinary delights. Delhi is also home to a wide array of restaurants and cafes, serving cuisines from around the world.
Now, let's talk about Mainpuri, a district located in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh:
1. Historical Significance: Mainpuri has a rich historical heritage with several historical sites and monuments. The town of Kishni in Mainpuri is famous for its association with Lord Krishna, and it is believed to be the birthplace of Shri Vallabhacharya, a prominent philosopher and founder of the Pushti Marg sect.
2. Natural Beauty: Mainpuri is blessed with picturesque landscapes and scenic beauty. The district is dotted with lush green fields, serene rivers, and tranquil lakes. One can enjoy the peaceful ambiance and spend quality time amidst nature.
3. Handicrafts and Artistry: Mainpuri is known for its exquisite handicrafts and skilled artisans. The region specializes in the production of brassware, woodwork, and pottery. The intricate designs and craftsmanship of these products make them highly sought after.
Both Delhi and Mainpuri have their own unique charm and attractions, offering visitors and residents a memorable experience.
Welcome @iamamanrx to SAP Community! It's great to have you here in our groups. Thank you for sharing such a detailed description of your home towns. I would love to visit one day and experience the natural beauty you have described. I'm part of the SAP Community team and from Ireland - we have lots of sunshine at the moment and are making the most of it!! We have a fun saying here that Ireland would be beautiful all year if you could put a roof on it!!! (Due to the rain).
I hope you enjoy your time here - you might also want to check out the location groups to see if there is one for a city near you. Otherwise, watch this space as they say - there are new groups being requested and added all the time.
Have fun in the community!
@iamamanrx I so enjoyed your post.
To carry on let me tell you about where I live: Philadelphia (based in the SAP NSQ office)
1. Historical significance: On July 4, 1776 the United States Declaration of Independence was signed and is also the home of the Liberty Bell. Millions come to Philadelphia each year to take in the country's history.
2. Natural beauty: To see our landscape in Chester County PA (where I live) please consider watching the movie "Marley and Me" a fun family movie about a Golden Retriever.
3. Handicrafts and Artistry: Lancaster County is an eastern suburb of PA. It has a large Amish Community, and they are renowned for their beautiful, handcrafted furniture.
Philadelphia sounds like an amazing place to live! I love the rich historical significance and the fact that it played a pivotal role in the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The Liberty Bell must be a fascinating sight to see. I'll make sure to watch "Marley and Me" to get a glimpse of the natural beauty in Chester County. The Amish community in Lancaster County and their handcrafted furniture sound truly remarkable. Thank you for sharing these wonderful aspects of your city!
Great to have you here Purushottam! Will you also write blog posts on those topics? Or maybe you have already. Be sure to follow the tags for all the topics you are most interested in. You can also join or subscribe to any of the public groups here in SAP Community so that you don't miss out on conversations and local events.