Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,257 REPLIES 5,257

KathleenO
Newcomer

Grateful to know about the community. I am in the state of Missouri. Interested in finding out the benefits of joining the SAP community.

0 Kudos

Hello @KathleenO sounds like you are new in SAP Community. Let me please give you some interesting groups you could join:

Check them out and don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Madjid
Participant

Hello
i am persian from iran

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello @Madjid welcome to SAP Community! What is your topic of interest and expertise? To start with, these groups might be interesting for you:

Check them out and don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

BeckyGloria
Explorer

Hello!

I'm from Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. I look forward to contributing and learning from this space

Welcome @BeckyGloria 

To start with, these groups might be interesting for you:

Check them out and don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

ElizaEchavarria
Participant

Hi All,

I am Elizabeth Echavarría from México.

Looking forward to contributing in SAP communities.

Best regards.

RicardoVn
Explorer

Hello everyone,

I'm from Mexico, I hope I can contribute to SAP community and collaborate.

0 Kudos

Hello @ElizaEchavarria and @RicardoVn great you both tuning in from Mexico. Let me connect you with my friend and SAP Champion @MariettaLopez  - she is also from Mexico. I think it would be great if you all could connect. Or maybe you know each other already 😊

SAP Community is a huge knowledge base and I would like to share some groups, which might be interesting for you to join:

Check them out and don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

Mumali
Participant

Hello, Fredrick from 🇰🇪 and 🇵🇱.

I look forward to both learning from and contributing to the SAP community. 

Best regards,

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Hello Fredrick ( @Mumali )

Welcome to SAP Community. Do you live currently in  sveabecker_0-1699344135637.png or sveabecker_1-1699344135742.png😉

If Poland, please check out our location groups there:

Katowice: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/katowice/gh-p/katowice 

Poznan: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/pozna%C5%84/gh-p/poznan 

Warsaw: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/warsaw/gh-p/warsaw 

Wroclaw: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/wroclaw/gh-p/wroclaw

Great opportunity to connect with other local peers!

SecurityGeek
Explorer

Hallo Laura, I am from Mumbai, India. I was in Germany (NRW region) for almost 3 years on an assignment and hence Germany has a special place in my heart. I am working in the domain of SAP Security and GRC for the last 15 years and currently employed with IBM INDIA PVT. LTD. I am looking forward to both gaining  and sharing knowledge through the SAP Community groups. Thanks. 

Hello @SecurityGeek thanks for sharing your story. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay in Germany very much. I bet it's so different to Mumbai. I only was once in Bangalore and Varkala Beach in India and I enjoyed my stay there also so much!

I hope you are going to find some interesting groups in our SAP Community, we have so many to offer. Also, make sure you are prepared for the migration in December 2023 - subscribe to the "What's New" to stay up-to-date.

sveabecker_2-1699344509150.png

Hamza_imran
Participant

My Name is Hamza and i'll be contributing to ABAP Development community and products!

0 Kudos

Hello @Hamza_imran we are looking forward to reading and seeing your contribution. You also might want to join the Application Development Group to participate in Developer Challenges and connect with other Developers. Make sure you "join" the group to receive notifications on new content.

giuseppeg
Explorer

Hello,

I'm Giuseppe from Italy and I'm an FI consultant involved into S4HANA Cloud project.

0 Kudos

hello @giuseppeg , welcome! What is your topic of interest and expertise? To start with, these groups might be interesting for you:

vedant_gupta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi everyone,

I am Vedant Gupta from SAP Labs India, Bangalore.

RomyTo
Explorer

Hello SAP World!

I am Romina from Cape Verde, born and rised. I've lived in Brazil for 10 years but since 2018 I am back home livind in Praia, the capital city of Cape Verde.

Looking forward to learn and share experiences with all of you.

Have a great day! 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @RomyTo great you are tuning in from Cape Verde! It's so beautiful there. I visited once in my life time but it's very long ago and I think it might have changed a lot in the meanwhile. I expect tourism has been grown there.

Glad you are part of SAP Community now! Let me give you some nice groups to start with:

I hope you enjoy engaging with the SAP Community!

Hi @sveabecker is really good to read that you know Cape Verde. You have to visit again, a lot have changed especially in tourism.

Thank you for your suggestions! See you around for a coffee! 

Have a great day! 

FH
Explorer

Hi, guys from Munich 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey FH, who are you and what is your expertise? Did you already see that we have a location group  in Munich? Join it to get in touch with other locals in Munich. 

Don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

marclorbeer
Explorer

Welcome

and many greetings from Berlin, DE.

Hi @marclorbeer greetings! I am Svea from the SAP Community team and based in Walldorf, but I live close to Mannheim. What is your expertise? Check out all of our interest groups  and maybe you find one with your interest. Don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

MukherjeeS
Explorer

Hi,
I am from Kolkata, India.

Hello @MukherjeeS welcome to SAP Community. As you are from Kolkata, it might be interesting for you to join the Kolkata Group. Great opportunity to connect with other locals! Don't forget to join the groups, so that you get notified once there is new content published. Set your notification settings accordingly, so that you don't miss any new published blog post, discussion or comment.

RayDePiano24
Associate
Associate

Hi! 

I was born and raised in New Jersey, but moved out to California where I have continued my career at SAP! Looking forward to contributing here!

0 Kudos

@RayDePiano24 hello! Welcome! I live outside Philadelphia. So great that you are continuing your career with SAP. It is a great time to be in technology! I hope that you had a chance to Join some Interest Groups | SAP Community. See you again soon in the community!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Kirill
Explorer

Hello, everyone!

I am Kirill, a software engineering student and intern at Würth ITensis. I have been passionate about programming since 2012, when I started with Javascript. Since then, I have learned and used many different languages and technologies, such as Java, Lua, Angular, SQL, NoSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, ABAP, HTML, CSS, GIT and NGINX.

I am currently in the final stage of my studies at WISS, where I have acquired both theoretical and practical knowledge about software engineering. I expect to graduate in July 2025, after completing a two-year internship as a software engineer at Würth ITensis. This is a great opportunity for me to apply what I have learned and gain valuable experience in the industry.

I am always eager to learn new things and improve my skills. I enjoy working on challenging projects and collaborating with other developers. I also like to share my work and get feedback from the community. You can check out my public GitHub profile here: Tomboru · GitHub

Thank you for reading my post. I hope to connect with you and learn from your insights and experiences. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or suggestions. Have a great day!

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @Kirill welcome and thanks for sharing your story. Did you already see that we have the Application Development Group? Maybe it's a group which you want to join and you can also use it for sharing more about your expertise or projects.

Furthermore, I would like to point to this nice thread about when you heard the first time about SAP. Here, you can connect with other peers as well.

Enjoy SAP Community!

Hi,
thanks for the response and recommendations.
I already joined the Development Group and I'm already looking forward to create some Solutions to problems.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Great to hear 🙂

Welcome @Kirill! I'm so impressed by what you have accomplished! Have you taken any learning journeys?

Have a wonderful day!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Hi @StephanieMarley
ABAP reminds me of Bash, which I'm familiar with. Thats why I had no big problems to learn it and already work on productive projects.

The main challenge I faced was finding good examples of how to use some Function Modules in ABAP. But I managed to figure it out by myself eventually.

I just discovered the SAP Learnings yesterday and I enrolled in one of them.
I think they will be helpful for me to improve my skills.

Thanks for sharing your tips!

@Kirill I like your pioneering spirit. I agree that when there is a will there is a way! Will be great to hear back from you in the community about your learning journey experience. There is so much available to learners! Best of luck!

Nachoapellaniz
Associate
Associate

Hi, i´m Ignacio, from Madrid (Spain).

@Nachoapellaniz it is so great to meet you in the community! May I ask your areas of interest? Check out this great discussion too! Can you remember the first time you heard of SAP - SAP Community Groups

I work for SAP out of the Newtown Square office that is outside of Philadelphia (US).

Please see if you have interest to 'Join' any Groups! See you soon!

(1) Interest Groups | SAP Community

Pushpa_VN
Explorer

Hi, Iam from Bangalore.

Welcome @Pushpa_VN - I was in your city for SAP TechEd. Have you already clicked on "Join Group" in the Bengaluru group? You could make local connections there.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----