Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,257 REPLIES 5,257

@Pushpa_VN welcome! I am pleased to introduce you to SAP Champion @Chandra_Bhushan. See you again in the community soon! 

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Saban_Bozbuga
Discoverer

EU 🙂

Welcome @Saban_Bozbuga - big place! I'm based in Galway, Ireland.

Did you take part in virtual SAP TechEd?

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

I am based near Frankfurt, Germany.

Fot Teched, I did the calendar planing for a few sessions , but missed them eventually..

I was in Frankfurt the other day, but just passing through the airport.

No worries @Saban_Bozbuga - you will be able to get the replays. You can get the materials on demand from the session catalogs: Bangalore | Virtual. Also, if you join the SAP TechEd group you can stay up-to-date there.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

@Saban_Bozbuga it is great to meet you in the community! May I ask your solutions of interest? My first entry into SAP solutions was a while ago with first MM and then BW.

Check out this discussion too! Can you remember the first time you heard of SAP - SAP Community Groups

See you soon in the community!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

@Saban_Bozbuga it is great to see you in the community. One of my favorite discussions was started by SAP Champion @Ruthvik Can you remember the first time you heard of SAP - SAP Community Groups. Maybe you want to join this discussion too! 

SimonHeimler
Advisor
Advisor

Simon Heimler, from Dresden Germany here 🙂

Welcome @SimonHeimler - I had the pleasure of visiting your city and the SAP office a number of years ago. Part of the SAP Community team now. Which topics are you most expert/interested in?

Thanks for the warm welcome! 
Yes, Dresden has a very nice office, in a very nice place within the city. 

I'm mostly interested in our technology vision, data & AI strategy, low-code/no-code and BTP platform. One reason I registered here is because I wanted to write a blog article about some internal standard (that helps with some of those topics) that we've now made open source.

@SimonHeimler it is great to see you in the community. I work in the Newtown Square office that is outside Philadelphia in the US. Germany is lovely! Where I live has quite similar landscapes! We don't have a backdrop of the Alps though😁anywhere! 

Shraddha_28
Participant

Hi All

I am shraddha from Mumbai

Nice to see you here @Shraddha_28 !! Which SAP topics are you most interested in?

@Shraddha_28 hi, it is great to meet you in the community. I am in the US outside of Philadelphia. I have the great pleasure to work with @Katherine_K! Did you get to tune into TechEd? The good news is that you can also watch on-demand! Have a great day!

PS be sure to 'join' Groups to stay engaged whenever you'd like!

Join Button Groups.JPG 

Taylan
Explorer

Hello from Zurich, Switzerland.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello from Ireland @Taylan - did you already join the Zurich group? You could connect locally there, if interested.

@Taylan , hi, it is great to see you in the SAP Community. I am in the US outside of Philadelphia! Best of luck and see you again soon!

Venmani
Explorer

Hi! I am happy to be here..

@Venmani it is great to meet you in SAP Community. May I ask your areas of interest? We have many different (1) Interest Groups | SAP Community if you want to Join them. I live in the US outside of Philadelphia. May I ask where you reside?

Venmani
Explorer

Hi! I am happy to be here.. for learning.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Happy to have you here @Venmani - are you currently upskilling? You can search any topic you are interested in and - if you like - you can join the public SAP Learning Group.

yusho
Associate
Associate

Hello, I'm yusho from Tokyo.

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Welcome @yusho - did you already know that we have a Tokyo group? You can click on "Join Group" in any of our public groups that interest you and become a member!

Vishwas1
Participant

Hi Laura.

I am Vishwas from India and would like to be an active member of the SAP community.

Welcome @Vishwas1 - where in India? Please note that we have some location groups in India if you would like to join one of those and network locally as well? We would also like for you to be an active member! Why not take part in some other discussions or start one of your own?

Please click on "Join Group" in any of our groups that interest you, and you will receive notifications.

VincentVarain
Advisor
Advisor

Hello @VincentVarain from where are you tuning in? Have you already checked our location groups, to find one close to where you live? Furthermore, nice starting point to participate in some conversations are:

Please click on "Join Group" in any of our groups that interest you, and you will receive notifications.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

gu2095
Explorer

From Germany, Bremen 🙂

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello @gu2095 welcome to SAP Community.

As you are from North Germany, let me introduce these three location groups to you, which are closer to Bremen than others:

Purpose of these location groups is to bring the local community together. The group owner often organize community event, which is a great opportunity to connect with other locals onsite. Therefore I thought these might be interesting for you. Don't forget to join these groups!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

NAVEENREDDYV
Discoverer

Hello @NAVEENREDDYV welcome to SAP Community! Where are you from? How long are you working with SAP? Check out all of our interest groups to find the most suitable for you 😉 

chris_graw
Explorer

Welcome everyone!

I am Christopher, I am from Germany and currently living and working in Herne in the Ruhr Valley as an SAP developer in the Utilities sector. I am planning to write a series of blog posts on an Open Source ABAP project of mine in the near future.

Welcome @chris_graw - that sounds great! Please do let us know when you have written your next one. Also, if you're interested, you can go over and click on "Join Group" in one of our German location groups.

Don't forget to click on "Options -> Subscribe" over in our What's New area - that way you can keep up-to-date with all that is new and exciting in SAP Community!

sbustamanteg
Explorer

Hi back @sbustamanteg - where are you joining us from? I'm based in Galway, Ireland and part of the community team!

Govil_Banga
Explorer

Hi, I am SAP CX Consultant with 13 years of SAP Experience. I am based out of India and currently Located in Germany for sometime. I am an enthusiastic SAP Consultant and looking forward to interact with like mind person via SAP Blogs, Q & A and all other available forums.

Thank you for the introduction @Govil_Banga - it's great to have your experience in SAP Community! 
If you're interested to join, we have some location groups for both Germany and India. Looking forward to seeing you interact further! Please also know that you can join any discussion in our open/public groups or start one of your own at any time!

Koji_Y
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi, I'm Koji, from Tokyo, Japan

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Nice to have you here @Koji_Y - please feel free to go over and join the Tokyo group if you like, you might connect locally there and learn about local events.