Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,248 REPLIES 5,248

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Holaaaaa !
I was born in Spain: 🇪🇸
OLÉ ...!!
😊

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @CarlosRoggan - Where about from Spain? I just been to Barcelona 🙂

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Barcelona is a fantastic town - hope you liked it 😉
I used to live there during 3 years studying there, and learned their culture and language, too - was nice to see how they appreciated it
However, I was born in a little village in Canary Islands.... hope you've been there as well 😉

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Oh wow - so, you're one of the ones who actually learn Catalan, although you could continue talking in Spanish. I find that part of the Spanish/Catalan history so interesting. What did you study? 

Yes, been to all of the Canary island except of La Gomera. Which one are you living on? 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Actually, I went to Barcelona for 1 year, studying piano at the Conservatory. Then I liked it so much that I extended by one year - then even another one 😉
That was quite many years ago.....;) Catalan is in fact a beautiful and colorful language, I like it.

Wow, really great that you like the Canary Islands so much - and I guess your next visit will be to La Gomera? 
I was born on the most beautiful of them: La Palma
Did you go there for hiking?

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Wow - that's interesting. I imagined you studied something with IT, but didn't think it was piano. I speak some, very little Spanish and Catalan sounds so different and they speak it so fast. 

La Gomera is definitely on my list and it's been ages since I last been to La Palma. I've been an au-pair in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria back in 2012. Went to the Pico de las Nieves and Teide for hiking 🙂

CarlosRoggan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

That's wonderful that you like Canarias and you were even working there 😉
You should repeat your visit to La Palma, as the island has changed now, after the vulcano eruption... the ruta de los vulcanes, once open again, should be a new experience now 😉

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Will definitely do 🙂

marilena_l
Advisor
Advisor

Hi everybody,

I'm from Germany and currently living in Munich! 

former_member12275
Discoverer

Hello to all SAP community, my name is Hugo and I am from Portugal, living in UAE working with SAP.

sari_irfan
Newcomer

Hi Everyone,

I am writing from Germany and I'm very new in this SAP Community.

Looking forward to precious interaction thru this channel.

0 Kudos

Really cool you joined SAP Community @sari_irfan . Welcome!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

jakob_g
Associate
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm writing from the SAP Office in Hamburg, Germany. Originally I'm from Munich, Bavaria but University brought to northern Germany.

MikuKawanabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi everyone from Tokyo, Japan!
Nice to see you all! I was born and raised in Tokyo, so I've been living in Tokyo for 23 years.

I want to move to another country, especially Germany...

0 Kudos

Hi I am Ron from Concur and will be writing blogs about SAP products.

Former Member

Denmark

V_Olson
Associate
Associate

Hi all - I have lived in California for 36 years but I'm now in Ohio. . . it's quite a change.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @V_Olson - how come to move to Ohio after that long time living in California? 

Hi, I wanted to be near my grand-daughter.

hilldalemeg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Greetings, everyone, from Atlanta, Georgia USA! Down here, the streets are steamy, the tea is iced, and the peaches are sweet. Here's a photo of my son savoring one of the incredible Georgia peaches from a farmers' market down the street from our house. They've been amazing this summer! I'm talkin' sticky juice running down your arm amazing. Yummm.

hilldalemeg_0-1658947242358.jpeg

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for sharing with us @hilldalemeg! Sounds yummy solely from reading your description 😄 

0 Kudos

Yummy! 

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Nilesh_Shedge
Explorer

Hello🤝 & Namaste 🙏Community 

Happy to join you all virually here... 🙂

I am Nilesh from India 🇮🇳 belongs to Pune city - one of the cultural heritage. Pune is home to some of the best schools and colleges, corporate biggies, IT hubs and several known residential and commercial projects. Besides, Pune is also close to several hill stations and lesser-known weekend getaway  spots. Affordable living costs and a liberal society make Pune the go-to city in India.

Welcome to India.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Nilesh_Shedge - thanks for all that interesting information about your hometown! 

@lenastodal: Welcome to Incredible India 🇮🇳 !😊

moh_ali_square
Explorer

Hello everyone, 

I am from Alexandria, Egypt. I am living now in Doha, Qatar. we have Qatar2022 world cup here!

0 Kudos

Really cool to be so close to it @moh_ali_square 😊

Stojanco
Advisor
Advisor

Hi everyone!
Greetings from Germany!
Best,
Stojanco

RAHEEL_BABAR
Active Contributor

Hi everyone!

Greetings from Pakistan!

Hi 👋🏽

Hello/Hola/Hallo/Namaste

Greetings from India!

Yeshwanth

former_member12510
Associate
Associate

Hello,

Greetings from India.

Balu

Hello from Hong Kong. I have been working on SAP projects in several Asian countries for almost 11 years.

cdabrowski
Advisor
Advisor

Hi everyone! I'm from Wuppertal, Germany. After living and studying in Bochum for a while, I was finally drawn back to my hometown. Most people know about Wuppertal that we have the famous 'Schwebebahn' (suspension railroad I guess) - but there is so much more to discover: beautiful forests, parks and interesting cultural districts. 

0 Kudos

I once participated in a professional training in Wuppertal and used the "Schwebebahn" - cool experience 😄

marcellgalyas
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Everyone,

I'm Marcell from Hungary. Currently, I'm living in Budapest.

It's nice to meet you.

Have a nice day!

anna-ritter
Associate
Associate

Hi, 

I am from Vienna, Austria. I moved to the city one year ago. My hometown is Graz, which is the second biggest city in Austria. I like living in Vienna, there so much more to do, than in Graz, however the people are not that nice 

anna-ritter
Associate
Associate

Hi, 

I am from Vienna, Austria. I moved here one year ago. Originally I am from Graz, second biggest city in Austria. Although I like Vienna a lot, for all the things the city offers, I miss Graz sometimes, because the people are more friendly. 

0 Kudos

Hi @anna-ritter I love Graz. My brother in law has a small house "close" to Graz, in Ligist, so we are often there and also often visit Graz. It's a beautiful city with so many nice locations. I also love the mountain (or would you call it hill?) Schöckl where we used to hike and spend time with the children doing disc gulf or riding the "Sommerrodelbahn" - that's fun 😁
Welcome!

former_member12539
Associate
Associate

Hello from India!