Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,357 Comments
Lokesh2018
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I have completed my learning path exercise.

Lokesh2018_0-1708089407629.png

Could you please help me to get the SAP Certification attempt. It would be really helpful to start my SAP Career with this certification.

Regards,

Lokesh

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 16 February 2024!

@Ammi - A finance background with SAP experience is quite valuable! Join us in a call to talk about studying for a S4 Finance for free here

mcp111
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I didn't get invite for the free certification 

Stella
Explorer

Hello,

My name is Stella and I am very keen to start my SAP S/4 HANA travel, starting with Implementing SAP s/4 HANA Public edition. I would like to join digital skills initiative as a woman.

Waiting for the invitation link - please share!

roy01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the invite.

I have attached a screenshot. I want to pursue this learning journey. 

Is certification available for this learning journey? As it showing only Record of achievement. 

Will you provide the free certification attempt for SAP S/ 4HANA - Manufacturing certification after completing learning journey.

Please clarify.

Thanks

1000023560.jpg

P2003463797
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am Linh and I identify as a person in category of women.

I have been deeply interested in advancing my skills and knowledge in the field of SAP technologies, recognizing the immense value and impact SAP platforms bring to businesses worldwide. As someone passionate about embracing the latest advancements in this domain, achieving the SAP Global Certification would not only enhance my professional profile but also empower me to contribute more effectively to my organization and the broader industry.

Thanks & Regards,

Linh.

Vijay93
Discoverer

Hi David,

Please Request you to provide me with an opportunity to Join SAP Digital Skill initiative as I identify myself as an Physically Disabled person and would like to learn SAP FICO Module. Eagerly Waiting for the initiative link at the earliest.

Omarnabhan85
Explorer

@David_Chaviano

iam SAP BASIS 

Omar Mahmoud Nabhan

37 years

Course completed: Provisioning and Administering Databases in SAP HANA Cloud

and I hope help me request the exam voucher.

Anja1802
Newcomer

Hello David, 

my name is Anja. I am a middle aged women. I am looking for an oportunity to change over from my current job as a group accountant to the area of SAP Consulting. Up to now without success. I beleave that a SAP certification in S4/Hana (FI/CO) would highly increase my chance to let my dream come true. Therefor I herewith would like to apply for the participation in the digital skills initiative. I really would love to take part in the SAP Training and certification and would be happy to receive your reply.

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance,
Anja  

singhvij
Discoverer

Hi David,

I identify as a person in the below categories:

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to participate in digital skills initiative to get SAP Certification. I have created my account on learning.sap.com and awaiting for the email regarding the next steps in the journey !

Thank you,

Vijay Singh

Paradox12
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

My name is Rohan, and after a year of dedicated work in the cloud sector, I've accumulated valuable insights into tools, technologies and customer meets. While my time here has been rewarding, I've realized that my expertise might be too specialized, limiting my options for career growth.

Upon reviewing job opportunities, I've noticed a growing demand for skills in SAP ABAP. Recognizing the importance of expanding my knowledge base, I am eager to pursue certification in SAP ABAP to broaden my career prospects.

I'm grateful for the chance to share my ambitions, and I hope you'll consider my application favorably.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

thoward
Newcomer

Hi David, 

I am very interested in participating in the digital skills initiative. I am a S Army Veteran and I am looking forward to starting a new career in SAP.

Thank you for this opportunity, 

Phi_pro
Discoverer

hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am a student just graduated, in my country the cost to prove it is quite high and difficult, it would be great if I have the opportunity to get free by your program,
Hope to hear back from you.

Thank you and thank you.

thanhtabao
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

identify as a person in the below categories:

I have successfully completed Design Thinking in a Nutshell, this is a part of Design Thinking and Business Model Innovation - Methodology and Tools. Now, I want to accelerate my career with SAP UI & UX skills.

Hopefully, you will consider my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Thanh.

Abhi98222
Newcomer

Hi David,

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.

I have completed certification course and already sent a mail for voucher

I am applicable in "People looking to switch their careers mid-life'' category.

Thanks,
Abhishek Patil

Ewa
Newcomer

Hello, 

Thank you for opening this learning opportunity for women.

My name is Ewa and I would love to start this training as a beginner.

Tejasvini1717
Discoverer

Hi David,

I have completed certification course and already sent a mail.

Thanks,

Tejasvini Dhavale

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 19 Feb 2024.

@Roy1 - any learning journey counts!

Nazlyonca
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I'm Nazli Yonca Biyik,a Chemical Engineering student passionate about tech and science. As a woman entering the STEM field, I'm eager to explore SAP's power in streamlining business processes.

I see SAP as a bridge between academia and industry, offering modules aligned with my goals. As a first-gen student, mastering SAP isn't just professional growth for me; it's a chance to inspire diversity in industries.

Excited to learn and contribute, I look forward to the opportunity. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Nazli Yonca Biyik

Rohit_9657
Newcomer

Hi David,

I have completed the certification course (Upgrading your SAP BW Skills to SAP BW/4HANA) and have already sent a mail for the voucher.

I am applicable in "People looking to switch careers mid-life" category.

Thanks,
Rohit Kate

Hung
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I'm definitely interested in participating in the digital skills initiative.

Please send me the registration link. I'm eager to enhance my digital skills and contribute to the learning community.

Regards,

Hung

DCharanRaj
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements.I am grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

I had completed the SAP learning process of step4. On February 19

I am waiting for the change to write a certification exam.

Kindly find the attachment completed screenshot 

Screenshot_20240219_223501.jpg

 User ID. charancherry1730@gmail.com

zaidharraq
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is HARRAQ ZAID, and I am an enthusiastic student with a deep passion for technology. Recently, I embarked on a journey to learn SAP, recognizing its significance as a bridge between academia and industry.

I identify myself as a first-generation student, mastering SAP holds personal importance for me as it not only signifies professional growth but also presents an opportunity to promote diversity within industries.

I am eager to avail myself of the opportunity for a free certification attempt, believing it will enhance my skills and keep me abreast of technological advancements. Additionally, I have completed the course "SAP Certified Application Associate - Business Process Integration with SAP S/4HANA 2020" and am prepared to undertake the corresponding SAP certification.

certif 3.png

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to contributing positively to the field of technology.

Sincerely,

HARRAQ ZAID

Dear @David_Chaviano ,.

I have completed SAP learning journey in Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4 HANA.

I wish to acquire more knowledge and give certification examinations to stay ahead

Unfortunately in august 2023 i was diagnised with brain tumor which led to diminished vision. I had a complex brain operation in september 2023 and doctor assured that the operation was successful. To all our surprise in Jan 2024, i did a repeat MRI and found that the tumor is still there and have been suggested to undergo another operation in dur course of time.

Currently financially i am not able to buy liscence for delta exam or acquire new certifications. It would be of great help if i can get a voucher.

My email Id - contactankitac@gmailcom

Application form filled

Phi_pro
Discoverer

hi @David_Chaviano,

I have completed SAP learning journey in "Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA"

could you please check and support me for the next step, I am very happy if your consider me for the change to get exam attempt.

Thank you in advance!

my ID: Phipro69@gmail.com

please check my leaning below.

Phi_pro_0-1708482478205.png

Phi_pro_1-1708482506030.png

0 Kudos

Dear @David_Chaviano ,.

I have completed SAP learning journey in Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4 HANA.

I wish to acquire more knowledge and give certification examinations to stay ahead

Unfortunately in august 2023 i was diagnised with brain tumor which led to diminished vision. I had a complex brain operation in september 2023 and doctor assured that the operation was successful. To all our surprise in Jan 2024, i did a repeat MRI and found that the tumor is still there and have been suggested to undergo another operation in dur course of time.

Currently financially i am not able to buy liscence for delta exam or acquire new certifications. It would be of great help if i can get a voucher.

My Id - contactankitac@gmail.com

Regards,

Ankita

Screenshot_20240220_212439_Chrome.jpg

vipul_01
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

This digital skills initiative program is a great initiative by SAP and I love to be part of it .

I identify myself as a ‘People in remote or underserved locations that may not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts’ and I understand that this program is initiated to support my community. I have completed my learning journey in ‘Discovering Extended Warehouse Management with SAP S/4 HANA’ and would like to take the free certification attempt for – ‘SAP Certified Application Associate - Extended Warehouse Management with SAP S/4HANA’.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipul

seifelrahaman
Newcomer

Hi David,

I identify myself as a Military veterans,

I have completed :

1-Exploring SAP SuccessFactors Solutions

2-Exploring the SAP SuccessFactors Platform

3-Configuring SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Core

(THR80,THR81,THR79)

This is truly an amazing initiative by SAP and a great opportunity for me. I'm positively looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Seif Elrahaman

SBurton
Newcomer

@David_Chaviano 

I am interested in taking part in the Digital Skills Initiative and I am looking for help to get started. I have over 20 years of IT experience. My most recent roll was in a non-technical customer support role for an SAP company. This allowed me to learn about the industry and not the technology. I am interested in learning about the technology and this possibly being a career path for me.

Bhumika_Aayyar
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed the certification course and already sent for you

I am application in people looking for switch their careers mid life category.

SAP Universal ID- Bhumikaayyar@gmail.com

SAP Community username: Bhumika_aayyar

Thanks,

Bhumika Aayyar

Bhumika_Aayyar_0-1708540611298.png

AnikethShenoy
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

As Aniketh, a recent graduate eager to explore opportunities in the SAP world, I identify with several categories below:

• First generation college students.

With a keen interest in HR technology, I am particularly drawn to the SAP SuccessFactors product suite. I am eager to enhance my skills and credibility in this field by obtaining a free certificate that demonstrates my proficiency, with a specific focus on the EC core and RCM modules.

Suvendra_singh
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I have completed the certification course and already sent for you

I am application in people looking for switch their careers mid life category.

SAP Universal ID- suvendra.singh.2307@gmail.com

SAP Community username: suvendra_singh

Thanks,

Suvendra Singh

Suvendra_singh_0-1708586875914.png

Festusking
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Eshiebor Oshiomegie from Nigeria 

I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and get a job opportunity soon. I fall in the category of midlife career Change.

thezakis
Newcomer

Hi. I'm interested in the digital initiative. I was laid off in June 2023 and would like to augment my experience with a certification in SAP. (I'm also a woman - see there are some criteria in order to be eligible for the program). I've used SAP for 10 years as an accountant and have been involved in many process excellence initiatives. But all of my experience was as an end user. I think the certification would help be to advance my career and land a job in the consultant arena. I'm interested in taking the SAP S4/HANA Financial Accounting Associate certification. Thank you for any information on getting access to the learning program for free!

Hung
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have successfully finished the Learning Journey on Explore Integrated Business Process in SAP S/4HANA.
I've registered using my email: johny.p1608@outlook.com.
Kindly guide me on the subsequent steps to proceed and avail the free certification attempt.

Thank you and Best Regards!
Hung
Hung_1-1708658326707.png

Velmurugan_R
Discoverer

Hi David,

I Am Velmurugan R From India.

I want to upskill my knowledge in SAP OS/DB Migration technology for my Job Switch. I fall under the category of,

Thanks

DCharanRaj
Discoverer

Hi @David_ChavianoDavid_Chaviano 

Hope you doing good.

I had registered with the link sent to the community via direct messages 

I had completed one of the course of learning journey

But I didn't get any redemption code for the certification examination.

Please find the details

Username. charancherry1730@gmail.com

Sap community name. DCharanRaj

User id. P2008088731

Kindly find the attachment which I had completed.

Screenshot_20240220_222246.jpg

Screenshot_20240219_223501.jpg

Pandey1996
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am new to SAP and trying to start my career with SAP.
How ca I get the certification attempt.

I have already started the beginners learning journey and will soon complete it.

Regards,

LPandey

athakyriaz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have successfully finished the Learning Implementing and Administering SAP Build Work Zone
I've registered using my email: athakyriaz@gmail.com
Kindly guide me on the subsequent steps to proceed and avail the free certification attempt.

athakyriaz_0-1708697218280.png

Thank you and Best Regards!
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites have been sent out as of 23 Feb 2024.

Ellen2024
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Ellen here from Ghana. I have a bachelors degree in computer science. I have not been employed for a while now and was hoping to reskill through this initiative. I am willing to learn more about SAP, as it will help me get job opportunities and establish a career. 

Best,

Ellen

Brian93
Discoverer
Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am Brian, I think I can fit in these categories:
  • People who are physically disabled or neuro-divergent

I'm interested in the digital initiative, I have been studying SAP for the last few months. I would like to take the free certification attempt if given the opportunity to do so. 

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

Regards,

Brian.

mcp111
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano 

I didn't get any invite yet

What's the subject line?

vaka_
Newcomer

Hi,

My name is Khanh. I am a single, full-time working mother and an adaptive learner. I currently work in the Consulting field and looking for opportunities to strengthen my digital skills. I am passionate about learning and development and SAP offers a variety of learning journeys and certification to fulfill my professional development. I look forward to participating in this initiative and hope that I can make an impact on learning for many organizations. 

Thank you so much.

Warm Regards,

Khanh

zorulence
Newcomer

Hi, 

I am Zora, a teacher by profession, a 47 years old woman who wants to switch her career. I am passionate about IT and sales. In today's fast-paced digital world, upgrading skills is crucial. This initiative caught my attention as it offers a structured way to enhance digital skills. I believe this will boost my career. I am confident that this will help me apply the acquired knowledge effectively. My interest in this initiative stems from a desire to stay updated in the digital field and contribute meaningfully to the industry. I am excited to be part of this transformative journey. Thank you for the opportunity.

Brian93
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am writing to submit the screenshot after completing the Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition learning journey. 

Sin título3.png
User ID: P2008125228
Email: Braachaan@gmail.com

I have enjoyed this learning journey, thank you for providing this opportunity to learn and grow.

Best regards.

ser_ozman59
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Serhan Ozman. I am from Turkey.

• Man
  • An engineer who wants to improve his career with SAP.

Thank you very much for giving me such an opportunity. I am a mechanical engineer. I have been living in the Netherlands for five months. I design tower cranes and mobile cranes. I have used SAP Production Planning (PP), Materials Management (MM), and Quality Management (QM) modules in the places where I currently work and where I have worked before. I still use these modules. SAP is a very useful Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. It is very useful for businesses. As a mechanical engineer, I want to improve myself in the field of ERP. I am very proud to make this development with SAP.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

MinhTriLe
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I identify myself as a person switching careers mid-life.

I am eager to enhance my proficiency in SAP technologies. The SAP Digital Skills Initiative aligns perfectly with my career aspirations.

I am excited about the prospect of gaining hands-on experience and deepening my knowledge through the SAP Digital Skills Initiative.

Regards,

Minh

Sairohit
Newcomer

Hi Team,

I'm an SAP SD functional consultant from India. I've been working in SAP SD  for 4 years now.I have completed Developing with SAP integration Suite certification can you please provide the voucher for certification.

Thanks & Regards,

B v Sai Rohit.

Sonali_Tate
Newcomer

Hi David,

I have completed certification course "Upgrading your SAP BW skills to SAP BW/4HANA" and I have sent an email to you.

Thanks,

Sonali Tate