Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,363 Comments
trinhtieu
Newcomer

Dear David,

Thank you for such a great initiative!

I'm an female accountant with 10 years of experience. I'm looking forward to switch my career to SAP FI/CO consultant as I have seen and appreciated how SAP has helped to transform accounting throughout my career. With my accounting knowledge and interest in SAP, I believe this opportunity will enable me to become a successful consultant. 

I identify myself as:

- Women

- People switching their career mid-life

Thank you for the opportunity!

Sincerely,

Trinh

Kami_Z
Newcomer

Hi David,

my name is Kamila and I'm a recent (female) uni graduate based in Eastern Europe. I've been wanting to deep dive into the SAP world for a while now but found out about this initiative only today. In awe of the support you're providing for those wanting to learn more about SAP!

I have some experience in project management and was thinking of starting a learning path that combines PM with SAP. If I'm not mistaken, there are currently two available - SAP Activate for Cloud Solutions - Project Management and  SAP S/4HANA - Portfolio and Project Management, is that right? As far as I understand it correctly, one gets only a certification attempt for one learning journey - in that case, which one would you recommend?

Would be super grateful for any hints or additional reading materials regarding the difference between these two learning paths.

Thank you so much for your time and work you're doing!
Best regards,

Kamila

Hong
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am from Malaysia, and I am an internal auditor who has been working with SAP system for some years but my knowledge is limited to the piecemeal explanations by the SAP consultants on site. I would really love to learn SAP systemically and get certified. However, the course is rare and overly expensive in my region. I belong to:

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I will learn diligently and not let this opportunity go to waste.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hong

Ninhs24
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

My name is Ninh and i am 35 years old.

identify mysefl as: People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

I have successfully completed Performing Asset Accounting Processes in SAP S/4HANA, this is to prepare for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition - Financial Accounting. Now, I want to accelerate my career with Financial Accounting skills.

Here is the picture of my completion (I will also send a screenshot of the completion & my SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com now):

Ninhs24_0-1709009600713.png

Hopefully, you will consider my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

My account is P2008134601 (or ayachen.s24@gmail.com) and My SAP Community name is Ninhs24.

Thank you and Best regards,

Ninh

JohnPhiri
Newcomer

Hi David,

@David_Chaviano This is a great initative, I am really interested in this. I have a background in Accounting and I will like to try SAP FICO.

Regards,

John

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@JohnPhiri @trinhtieu - Experience in finance is a great combination with SAP skills. Please join us in an event to talk about the first free SAP Finance certification track here.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @mcp111 ,

I sent you an invite on Thursday, 22 February 2024. Subject line is "Digital skills initiative invite".  Note this is in your private messages on SAP Community - not email. Look at the top right of your screen you should see an envelope icon with a number on it.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone- invites sent out as of 27 Feb 2024.

roy01
Explorer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano 

I have sent the email with screenshot of completed learning journey and my user id.

Is there any thing else required. 

When I will receive voucher for certification attempt.

Thanks

Akash Roy 

akshaypatil518
Newcomer

Hello David,

Good day!

Hope you are doing well.

I can across the digital skills initiative by SAP and interested to participate for the same.

I have registered for the beginners corner. Please let me know if any actions required further.

Thanks and Regards

Akshay Patil

akshaypatil518@gmail.com

autiger30
Explorer
0 Kudos

Where do I begin on the journey if I am looking to support the SAP program on a technical side and helping end users navigate and troubleshoot issues? 

PrinceLanco
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am a holder of a bachelors degree in Marketing and I would like to do SAP SD.

Regards,

Prince

Thabani
Newcomer

Hi David,

I recently graduated with an honours degree in Supply Chain Management and I have been going through different SAP Modules. This is a great initiative  and I would like to pursue Sourcing and Procurement. 

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Thabani 

NinhNguyen
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

Thank you and SAP for this opportunity.
From last 7 years , I am a SAP Consultant. I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements.

Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Regards,

Darekar_M
Newcomer

Hi David,

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.

I have completed certification course & I will send the email for voucher.

I am applicable in "people looking to switch their careers midlife" category.

Thanks,

Mangesh Darekar.

Parth_Pawar
Newcomer

Hi David,

Thanks,

Parth Pawar

Darshan_CHAVAN
Newcomer

Hi David,Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.

Thanks,
Darshan Chavan

Chavan_Darsh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @

Chavan_Darsh
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity l.

I have completed the journey for SAP BW course.

Also sending the mail for voucher.

Thanks.

DangHaiNGUYEN
Discoverer

Dear @David_Chaviano,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Dang Hai NGUYEN, and I am currently working as a .NET Developer at Lotte Data Communication in Vietnam. I am writing to express my interest in obtaining a free voucher for the SAP CER01 certification exam.

As a dedicated professional in the SAP ecosystem, I believe that obtaining this certification would significantly enhance my skills and contribute to my career growth. However, due to financial constraints, I find the exam fee to be challenging.

I have thoroughly prepared for the CER01 exam and am eager to demonstrate my competence in SAP technologies. I kindly request your assistance in providing me with a free voucher for this certification.

I have completed the learning journey of Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S4/HANA.

I have already registered with my email: dangnh@lotte.vn

If there are any additional steps or requirements, please let me know, and I will promptly comply.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Thanks and Best regards,

Dang Hai NGUYEN

danylyshyn1
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,
I am interested in joining the program as a developer looking to change the course of my career in the middle of my life due to the war in my country - Ukraine. Up to this point, I have accumulated significant experience in developing programs for automating business processes and accounting for economic activities of companies in various industries. I believe that transitioning from a developer on the 1C platform to a SAP developer will bring maximum benefit both for me and my potential clients.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your interest! Invites sent! 28 Feb 2024

Ayesha_Fathima
Newcomer

Hi David,

I’m interested in joining the SAP digital skills initiative. I am a working professional with 2.5 years of experience in SAP SD and I am eager and enthusiastic about up skilling myself to SAP S/4 HANA Sales.  I think this program will help me gain new skills and open new career opportunities in the tech industry. I’m looking forward to connecting with other learners and experts in this field.

Regards,

Ayesha Fathima

sheilalestin
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I am very much interested in participating in the digital skills initiative and I identify myself with the following categories:

• Women

My name is Sheila Alincastre and have 6 years' experience as an SAP ABAP Developer. I hope this will be my chance to obtain the certification that I need to pursue a long and valuable career in SAP.

Thank you for this wonderful opportunity.

Best regards,

Sheila Alincastre

michaelsantos
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I'm from the Philippines and a SAP BW Developer.

I am eager to join the digital skills initiative. Looking forward to this opportunity.

Thanks.

Sailyoung
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I feel very excited that I found this program.

I am currently at the stage where I want to get back into full-time employment to start a new career in Germany. I've done accounting and financial analysis before, so I plan to major in the SAP FI CO module.
Also, the whole SAP ecosystem is fascinating, especially the product SAP Analytics Cloud, the YouTube posts made me feel amazing. I hold a master's degree related to statistical analysis, so I'm curious to know how good it is at statistical analysis:)
I'm eager to join this program and it would be great to have a recommendation for a relevant learning path!

Best regards

Fan

roy01
Explorer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano 

Which learning journey and certification comes under SD module.

Thanks

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your interest! Invites sent out as of 29 Feb 24.

@roy01 - take a look at Exploring SAP S/4HANA Sales

Maybe Applying SAP S/4HANA Sales as well!

DhanaLakshmi91
Newcomer

Hi,

I am looking for a career reboot opportunity in SAP.I have two years of work experience in SAP SD.I am a mother of two small kids and I took 8 years of career break. I was unable to pursue my career after my marriage but, I am really passionate to come back to work and shine in my professional career. I believe that I have more purpose in my life to upskill myself and support the corporate business.

I love working with SAP in my earlier days and i am really interested to enhance my skills in SAP. If i get an opportunity it will be a life changer for me.

Thankyou so much.

Dhanalakshmi Senguttuvan,

sdlakshmibe@gmail.com

yazanalbarbaraw
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I hope you're all doing well. My name Yazan Albarbarawi, Graduated in Accounting,

I am interested in learning SAP Financial, i have 3 years of experience in SAP, and I look forward to being SAP Financial certificated.

I interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Please send you a registration link to the initiative.

Thank you so much,

Best regards

Krish21
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

• (I come from a rural area located in india )People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I have previously learned tally prime software and I am eagerly willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning journey Project Manage SAP S/4 Hana Implementation and I awaiting my certification attempt

Thank you

Regards,

Krishna

CMCVN
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I identify myself as a woman.
I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and to study SAP rigorously and get a job opportunity soon. 

Thank you so much!

roy01
Explorer

@David_Chaviano 

@roy01 - take a look at Exploring SAP S/4HANA Sales

Maybe Applying SAP S/4HANA Sales as well!

What about certification which certification I should go for.

Thanks

DiuNg
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I am a newbie, I graduated in Accounting and I have had a few years working as an accountant but things are getting harder in my field. That was when I discovered SAP and want to pursue the career of a SAP FICO Consultant. I feel very lucky that I found this post.

I identify myself with the following categories:

• Women

Thank you so much!

Ajay6
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am a student pursuing Masters and I am a first a first-generation student. I am really excited to learn about SAP SF implementation as I want to build my career in SAP as a conusltant. Happy that SAP has such a great initiative to help everyone. Looking forward to the learning journey and the SAP beginners community. 

I have started with the RC Module. Please recommend which course should I take next. 

Best,

Ajay Solanki

Josh1
Newcomer

Hi David,

I have recently graduated with an Honours Degree in Marketing.  I have been going through different SAP Module and with this initiative I would like to pursue Sourcing Procurement module. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Josh

hanfeiying
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I recently came across the post titled " Breaking Barriers and Fighting Sexism: Lin’s Journey from a Salesgirl to an SAP Consultant" from SAP Learning Blog Posts, and I must say, it left me inspired.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a first generation college student, currently live in Germany for family reasons. In the past three years, I dedicated myself to learning the German language, and reached business communication level. Now that my children are settled in primary school, I find myself with the opportunity to be back to the work. However, as German is not my native language, I encountered certain invisible barriers when seeking job opportunity in the field of my university studies. Finally, with many years of love for the field of informatics, I decided to switch my career mid-life.

Now I am studying computer theory knowlege at a vocational school and working as an apprentice in a company at the same time. I was introduced to SAP through various online platforms such as Udemy and YouTube. I finally found that the online SAP learning journey combined theoretical knowledge with practical application demos, allowing for a quick understanding suits me. I am eager to continue this learning journey and get SAP certification.

My colleagues at work support me when I have questions, but they are still busy with their daily work. I am also keen to structured, systematically and comprehensive study to gain a thorough understanding, and my goal is to get a formal position in the future.

Thanks for this opportunity.

leighguadalupe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

test

Ashish_Patil_
Newcomer

Hi David,

I have completed certification course and already sent mail for voucher.

I am applicable in the "People looking to switch their careers mid-life" category.

Thanks,

Ashish Patil.

Mahmoud_Mansy
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

First of all, thank you for this opportunity!

I am Mahmoud, I am 22 years old, I am from Morocco and I am an industrial and logistics engineering student. Now, I step into the role of an SAP SD functional consultant intern, as part of my final project for my studies. My journey with SAP began during my university days when I was fortunate to be part of a curriculum that placed a significant emphasis on ERP systems. Over the past two years, I have delved into the depths of SAP, honing my skills and knowledge in pursuit of excellence in this field. Now, as I step into the role of an SAP SD functional consultant intern, as part of my final project for my studies, I am eager to apply my theoretical understanding to real-world scenarios. February 2024 marked a significant milestone in my professional journey, as I took my first steps into the world of SAP consultancy. I am determined to push the boundaries of my learning further, aiming to attain certifications in SAP, particularly in SAP S/4HANA and SD.

Considering my background and aspirations, joining the SAP Digital Initiatives Programme presents an unparalleled opportunity. I am enthusiastic about harnessing SAP's industry-leading solutions and innovative platforms to drive transformative change, streamline logistics, and unlock new avenues for growth and sustainability. Embracing this program aligns seamlessly with my passion for continuous learning.

Thanks & best regards,

MANSY Mahmoud,

Amena
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Amena Aouf, and I am reaching out to express my enthusiastic interest in project Manage SAP S/4 Hana Implementation program

As a woman  who identifies with individuals in remote or underserved locations, minorities facing unequal opportunities, and first-generation college students, I bring a perspective shaped by resilience, adaptability, and a determination to overcome challenges.
Moreover I value the importance of embracing new opportunities and constantly upgrading my skill set. I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do.

Best Regards,

Amena

ıbrahımsahbaz
Newcomer

Merhaba

Benim adım İbrahim. Ben öğrenciyim. SAP MM modülü hakkında biraz bilgim var ve SAP BTP'deki bilgimi genişletmek istiyorum.

Başvurumu değerlendirdiğiniz için teşekkür ederim!

Saygılar

Ahmed_Fawzy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

-

av1259
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
First generation college students

Driven by my extensive interest in SAP, I've taken courses on Udemy to enhance my knowledge and skills. Now, standing at the midpoint of my career, I am eager to embrace the SAP domain wholeheartedly. The SAP Digital Skills Initiative presents an invaluable opportunity for me to learn, grow, and obtain certification, allowing me to propel my career forward in the SAP landscape.

With utmost gratitude, I seek your support and acceptance of my application. Being selected to join this initiative would not only fulfill my aspirations but also enable me to contribute significantly to the SAP domain.

Thank you for considering my application, and I eagerly await the chance to participate in this life-changing opportunity.

Brian-Douglas
Discoverer

As someone deeply invested in expanding my professional horizons, I find myself uniquely suited for this digital skills training program for several reasons.

With a comprehensive background in Business, Business Information Systems, and Information Technology from my degree, complemented by my experience as an ex-Prince 2 Practitioner, I am keen on taking the next step in my career journey through this digital skills training.

Studying the degree to become a SAP consultant in the late 90s was a pivotal decision for me. It was during this time that I identified the immense potential of SAP as it transitioned from R2 to R3. This foresight led me on a path to understanding and specializing in SAP consult expertise in FI/CO MM, which later became a key aspect of my career.

Previously, I worked as an executive search consultant specializing in placing SAP consult expertise in FI/CO MM. In this role, I was responsible for the placement of SAP professionals within large Management Consulting firms, SAP Consulting Firms, and large corporate companies that utilized SAP. This experience has provided me with a deep understanding of the intricate needs and demands of the tech industry.

As a supply chain specialist, I successfully improved supply chain operations by 60% for Homeserve within 18 months. This achievement was made possible by leveraging my sales skills and process improvement techniques learned during my Business Information Systems studies.

My passion for embracing new technologies is a driving force in my career. I believe that staying current with digital advancements is not just an advantage but a necessity in today's rapidly evolving landscape. This training would equip me with the tools to navigate this terrain with confidence.

Moreover, my adaptability and eagerness to learn make me a prime candidate for this opportunity. I thrive in environments that challenge me to think innovatively and creatively, traits that I believe align perfectly with the objectives of this training.

In essence, I am enthusiastic about the prospect of participating in this digital skills training program, as I am confident it will not only enhance my capabilities but also empower me to make a substantial impact. I look forward to the possibility of being part of this exciting journey!

Varun_reddy
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed the learning journey in sap developer in integration suite. Also i have attached the screenshots in the email to digital skills initiative team.

Iam eagerly waiting for their reply and voucher to make a purchase for giving certification attempt for SAP C_CPI.

Kindly expedite the process.

Varun_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed the learning journey in sap developer in integration suite. Also i have attached the screenshots in the email to digital skills initiative team.

Iam eagerly waiting for their reply and voucher to make a purchase for giving certification attempt for SAP C_CPI.

Kindly expedite the process.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone - invites sent out to those who gave some background on their interest in the initiative.

@yazanalbarbaraw @DiuNg Great to have people with accounting background here! Please check out:

SAP Finance enablement available on learning.sap.com

Join us in a live discussion:

SAP Finance Certification: 2024 Update for learning SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud

MehdiMhamdi
Newcomer

Hello David, 

This is Mehdi, a 32yo Tunisian, Living in Dubai. 

Academically, I'm an Airline Pilot, with experience in product management. I'm now doing a career Shift and am very interested in the SAP ecosystem to build my new career. 

I would love to be part of this initiative if it is still available.

Best,
Mehdi

Linh_Tran
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am Linh from Vietnam. I work as ABAP around 12 years.

I am passionate about learning and development and SAP offers a variety of learning journeys and certification to fulfill my professional development. I look forward to participating in this initiative and hope that I can make an impact on learning for many organizations.

I would like to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do.

Regards,

Linh.