Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,357 Comments
amoduo
Newcomer

I am a business technology consultant with 15 years experience. I have a strong passion for a professional career in sap S4Hana which is evident by my 17 sap records of acheivement. I strongly desire to consolidate my expertize with an sap certification to boost my career prospect.
I am a Nigerian from a minority tribe and as such identify as People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location First generation college students.
Kindly consider me for this program.

Hi @David_Chaviano 

This is Abuzar who belongs to the family with humble background from Pakistan. I reckon myself as a person falling under the following categories:

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.
  • People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

Graduated in Accounting and Finance, I developed interest in SAP ERP during my experience in different industries, I have a strong desire to pursue SAP S4 FI functional consultant certification which would increase my employability and geographical mobility. 

Hope you'll provide an opportunity to unleash my potential in the SAP world and grow.

Thanks 

edgarpmateu
Newcomer

Hello,

identify as a person in the below categories:

Regards,

Edgar.

Sravanthi1992
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Good day!

When i am trying to claim Voucher for the first time only, getting below error.

Could you please help us on this 

Sravanthi1992_0-1691144426382.png

rashi_p
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am a woman and am interested in the Digital Skills Initiative.
I completed the Utilizing SAP Build for Low-Code/No-Code Applications and Automations for Citizen Developers.

rashi_p_0-1691145129848.png

Thank You

Regards 

Rashi Patle

john_david
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am interested in learning SAP Cloud because I want to change my current job situation. With SAP Cloud, I can create, run, and manage innovative applications that can transform business processes and customer experiences. I can leverage the latest technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, and Internet of Things to build smart solutions that solve real-world problems. SAP Cloud is a flexible and scalable platform that can adapt to my changing needs and preferences. Finally, SAP Cloud is a platform that can open up many career opportunities for me in the global market.

nicolasc92
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Nicolas and I fall in the below categories:

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I have been studying SAP in the last few months, specially the MM module, and recently knew about this wonderfull initiative. Im really interested in taking the free certification attempt if given the oportunity or any other opportunity to keep improving and learning!

Thanks & regards.

leborges
Discoverer

Hi,

I am interested and identify myself as an early middle aged who had built the career in Human Resources and now is trying to shift it to Information Technology.

Thanks in advance!

halilcaglarturk
Newcomer

Hello 

I have been unemployed for a long time and belong to a disadvantaged section of society. I have devoted myself to developing Sap Abap for a while. I think this support will be very beneficial for me...

Regards

Halil TÜRKER

I am interested in the SAP certificate as I am looking for a new job opportunity after losing my old one in the civil war

dolanbsrimal
Explorer

Hi David,

Hope you're doing well. 

I identify myself as a woman. I am a Chartered Accountant and I worked with PwC for 5+ years as a SAP BPC Consultant. Thereafter,  I have been on a career break for 5+ years for full-time parenting. Over these years, the SAP landscape has changed a lot and hence I want to upskill myself with the below certifications so that I can rejoin work and resume my career:

SAP Analytics Cloud

SAP Analytics Cloud Planning

SAP S/4 Hana Finance for Group Reporting

SAP Activate Project Manager

Would appreciate if I can be considered for this initiative by SAP. 

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dolan B Srimal

khs1988
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano, Thank you for sharing this opportunity

I am seeking to switch career to technology. I am interested to obtain this SAP certification as I am in mid career and have very limited access to this type off opportunities given by SAP Digital Initiative program. The SAP's initiative will enable me to make a meaningful impact in my chosen fields. I believe this program aligns perfectly with my aspirations to embark on a new path, contribute my skills, and grow professionally with the provided resources and platform.

I identify myself fulfilling following categories:

Thanks & Regards,

Khalid 

sviswanadha
Newcomer

Hello David, 

This is Suhasini Viswanadha. I am a woman and a single mother. I am looking to switch my career into SAP mid-life. And I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Please accept my registration.

Thank you!

Suhasini

ben12
Discoverer

Hello David

I am interested in being part of the the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. I am from Brazil and I am looking for new opportunities within the growing SAP ecosystem in my country.

Thank you

Heather1980
Newcomer

Hello David,

I have signed up as I identify as a woman and I want to participate in this digital skills initiative.

Looking forward to learning and earning this certificate!

Heather Wood

Hi @David_ChavianoChaviano,

Iam Charan from India.

I am really interested in participating in the digital skills initiative to learn more about SAP & to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

• People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.
    • First generation college students.
rajeswarigogada
Newcomer

Dear David,

I am Rajeswari Rajana. I identify my self into the below categories:

1. Women 
  2. People in remote locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts

Thank You

Rajeswari Rajana

Nidhi_AP
Newcomer

Hello,

I am from India working in technology space for over 6 yrs in SAP SuccessFactors as a customer. I am looking to register in this unique Digital Skill initiative by SAP to upskill in SAP technology. I fall in the category: Women.

Thanks,

Nidhi

martinapersson
Newcomer

Hi, I am new here and interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Please send you a registration link to the initiative.

Thank you so much,

Best regards 

Martina

aclarkm
Newcomer

Hello, my name is Aura, and I am absolutely thrilled at the prospect of pursuing this certification. To me, this opportunity holds immense significance on multiple levels. Not only does it represent a chance to excel professionally, but it also serves as a heartfelt tribute to my fiancé, an army veteran, who has been an unwavering source of strength and inspiration in my life.

My journey as a 40-year-old female immigrant and first-generation college graduate has shaped me into a person with a diverse set of skills and perspectives. Navigating through challenges and overcoming barriers has instilled in me a deep sense of resilience, determination, and an unyielding work ethic. These qualities have proven invaluable in every aspect of my life and will undoubtedly drive me to excel in acquiring and applying the knowledge offered by this certification.

This mid-life career switch represents my unwavering commitment to personal and professional growth. It showcases my willingness to embrace change and seek new opportunities that will not only enrich my life but also enable me to make meaningful contributions to both the community and the industry.

I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and approach every endeavor with a genuine passion for continuous learning. The idea of expanding my skill set excites me greatly, and I am confident that this certification will serve as a transformative stepping stone, empowering me to make a significant impact in the field and harness my talents to their fullest potential.

My determination and enthusiasm go hand in hand with my readiness to put in the hard work and dedication required to achieve success in this endeavor. I am fully prepared to invest the time, effort, and resources necessary to excel in the certification process and emerge as a certified expert in my chosen area.

With my unique background, personal drive, and unwavering commitment, I firmly believe that I possess the qualities that align perfectly with the objectives of this certification. I wholeheartedly embrace this opportunity and am certain that my journey towards becoming a certified professional will be marked by dedication, growth, and a profound sense of purpose.

Thank you for considering my application. The potential to contribute my skills and knowledge to the field fills me with excitement, and I am determined to prove that I am the best candidate for this certification. I am eager to embark on this transformative journey and show how my experiences and dedication make me the ideal fit for this certification.

Good Morning, 

I am a 41 woman looking to make a mid-life career change. My field is losing jobs instead of adding them, and I have hit the proverbial "glass ceiling" in my current job. Thank you!

Dear David,

This is Sravani Gorle. I identify myself in the following categories.

• Women.
  • People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Thank you,

Sravani.

zeldaer
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I'm Selda, a woman transitioning to tech recently. I did project management and finished a web development BootCamp before. Now, interested in SAP-ERP technologies.

I'd appreciate your help with the registration for the digital skills initiative.

Thanks!

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am in the process of making a career change. I would really appreciate the SAP certification help. I am sure it would open up more job opportunities for me.

Thank you

Hi @David_Chaviano , 

I identify myself as a first generation college student. 

I would love to be part of the Digital Skills Iniative as I believe a SAP certification could potentially lead to great career opportunities. 

I have always been interested in SAP, as I have seen colleagues and coworkers at my company work with it. I never had the chance to learn SAP, so I am really excited about this opportunity and I look forward to complete the learning journey and develop SAP skills. I am determined to make the most of this opportunity!

Thank you, 

Alvaro

Hello @David_Chaviano i identify as a person that falls in to the following categories:

I currently work in my town's city administration. I am a Law bachelor and I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I have about 5 years of experience in jobs related to my degree. I am interested in your initiative because I would like to move forward in my career, and I am very much considering moving to another country like Germany or Netherlands (i think this certification would greatly help). After my day job I work in IT support as a freelancer for like 4-5 years, and I speak English at a C1 level. I would be most grateful if I would get this opportunity.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I would like to express my interest  in participating in the digital skills initiative. I identify with populations this initiative would like to support including:

•  People looking to switch their careers mid-life

I appreciate your consideration for this request.

Thank you,

Alfredo Ramírez IV

Hi!

I'm from Chile, when i turned 28 started studying for being a software developer but my job opportunities has been tending to be more about TI support. I would really like to improve my CV and open as many doors as possible with this powerful tool.

Regards. 

Sabbavarapu
Newcomer

Hello David, this is Praveen. I identify myself with the following categories:

• Single parents
  • People looking to switch their careers mid-life (from presales to project management)

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Thank you!

Regards,

Praveen S

ELFLOREZ
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Thank you for the precise steps by step supplied in the introduction.

I want to apply to the Digital Skills Initiative as a first-generation college student. I'm from a very remote small town in Colombia, and due to the economic conditions, my parents did not have the chance to take any upper study.

This opportunity will increase my job opportunities and improve my life conditions.

Thank you!

Elkin.

Hello @David_Chaviano,

as a first-generation college student, woman, and young mother of a two-year-old daughter, I am interested in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning for several reasons.
Firstly, the initiative would help me develop my digital skills, which are becoming increasingly important in today's job market. Secondly, the initiative would help me achieve my career goals by providing me with the knowledge and skills I need to succeed in my chosen profession. As a young mother, I need to balance my work and family responsibilities, and the digital skills initiative would allow me to learn at my own pace and on my own schedule. Finally, as the daughter of a retired african-american U.S. military veteran, I am proud to support an initiative that is committed to equipping underrepresented groups with the digital skills they need to succeed in today's workforce. 

Thank you, SAP Learning, for giving us this opportunity!

Kind regards,

D. Williams

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks everyone for checking in! Invites have been sent as of 8 August 2023.

ALP0722
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm happily uploading the proof of completion.

Regards!

ALP0722_0-1691513538276.png

Dear David,

I am interested in participating in the digital skill initiative. I am in the middle of my career and currently unemployed. I am looking into taking the activate project management course and exam.

Regards,

Paulo

areeba_sheikh
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano & all,

I am Areeba Sheikh, a women here from Pakistan. I am a FICO Consultant in PwC - Pakistan. I am thrilled to express my strong interest in participating in the Digital Skills Initiative! As someone who has always been fascinated by technology and its potential to transform lives, I am eager to take advantage of this incredible opportunity for free learning and certification. The fact that the program is offering 10,000 SAP Certification vouchers to individuals from previously underrepresented communities in the tech industry is truly commendable. I am eager to dive deep into Finance Public Cloud Edition. 

I am particularly excited about the chance to break barriers and enhance my skills through this initiative. As a woman who is passionate about technology, I believe that this program aligns perfectly with my goals and aspirations. The prospect of gaining a SAP Certification, a respected credential in the industry, is an exciting prospect that could open doors to new career heights.

nigelm664
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

This is a great initiative and I am really interested in this. May you please share the next steps so that I can start my learning journey.

Regards,

Nigel

Yerra_Sudheer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Thanks for the opportunity. I completed all the steps and finished learning from a learning journey. I got the voucher but could not redeem it like many others even after trying all the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned.

Could you please help us in redeeming the voucher?

error redeeming the code.PNG

vannguyenthi
Discoverer

Hello,

I am a women and I have completed the course "Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA".

Could you give me a redemption code for the free SAP certification exam for women.

Thanks & Best regards

vannguyenthi_0-1691571616578.png

0 Kudos

hello

lbody23
Newcomer

Hi, I'm interested in the digital skills initiative for SAP Learning. I'm a single mum and interested in certification for Finance.

Thanks

adjeicharlie
Discoverer

Hello David,

First of thank you and SAP for providing an opportunity and an enabling environment for us to be able to upskill. I believe upskilling and knowledge advancing is one of the best way keep us relevant in the job ecosystem. However, this comes at an expensive cost especially for people link me who come from a deprived community with the inability for afford.

It would be a great delight to be part of this journey which gives me the opportunity to learn and upskill whiles planning a career diversion in the IT space. I also consider this a quick boost to my career. I am also willing to learn and get certified to begin an sap career journey

Thank you 

Charles Adjei

adrielneequaye
Newcomer

Hello David,

I am an African single parent. I lost my job due to the pandemic so I want to switch to being a consultant on a business solution. I am in a remote location and do not have access and equal opportunities to my colleagues in urban areas.

I have been researching online on business solutions and realized that SAP is above them all. I am enthusiastic about pursuing a career in SAP.

I  am very hardworking and ready to go through the training leading to certification. I am excited about the Digital Skills Initiative since it will help put me on an exciting path career path.

Regards,

Darkwah

former_member156296
Discoverer

I am truly excited about the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning, and I am eager to be a part of this program for several compelling reasons. As a single parent, I understand the unique challenges that can arise in pursuing a career in technology, especially considering my financial constraints. This initiative's focus on underrepresented individuals, like single parents who may struggle to afford such opportunities, is both commendable and deeply meaningful to me.

The chance to learn from industry experts and gain valuable skills within the SAP Ecosystem holds incredible appeal. As someone who is determined to provide a better future for my family, acquiring these digital skills could be a transformative step in achieving financial stability and creating opportunities for my children.

Moreover, the initiative's commitment to supporting a diverse range of underrepresented groups, including single parents, resonates with me on a personal level. It reflects my belief that inclusive environments drive innovation and progress, and I am enthusiastic about the prospect of being a part of such an environment.

In essence, joining this program would not only provide me with the skills necessary to enter the technology field but also empower me to break through financial barriers and build a brighter future for my family. I am confident that this initiative will equip me with the tools and support needed to kick start a successful career within the SAP Ecosystem.

former_member156294
Discoverer

I am writing to express my interest in the SAP digital skills initiative. I am a single man with five siblings living in a rural area (Somanya) with limited educational and employment opportunities. I have always been passionate about technology and believe that this program would provide me with the skills I need to succeed in the technology industry.

Upon hearing of SAP's digital skills initiative, I was filled with excitement and hope. This is a free opportunity that I can take advantage of to gain valuable skills in an industry that is growing and in high demand. I aspire to be a part of the SAP Ecosystem, where I can contribute to solving problems in my community with innovative solutions. I also want to be a role model for my siblings and the children in my area of Somanya, and show them that they can achieve their dreams with hard work and dedication.

I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss my qualifications with you in further detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
David.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks everyone for checking in! I've sent invites as of 10 August!

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I am a woman who is looking to change careers mid life and very interested in learning more about SAP.

Thanks,

Millicent

leborges
Discoverer

Hi there,

As requested in the step 4 of the Digital Skills Initiative I would like to proudly share with you my certificate of completion in the SAP SuccessFactors Learning Journey!

badge_sap.jpg

Thanks @David_Chaviano for sharing about this great initiative, I'm so excited to be here and embark on my journey to learn SAP. I identify as a 

After working in the marine industry for several years, I recently ventured into the warehouse industry. As I'm becoming more acquainted with the processes and technology in the warehouse industry, I am starting to realize the importance of learning new technologies in this space and feel learning SAP Logistics and Supply chain which is widely used in the industry, will give me an edge and open better opportunities. As someone who had limited access to the resources, financial aid and no prior experience , I believe the digital skills initiative will help me to gain SAP skills and earn the certification that will greatly aid in strengthening my profile for better opportunities. Are there any specific learning journey in the logistics and supply chain space, that you would like to recommend for me?

Thanking you in advance for your kind consideration.

Regards

Ajamal

Hi @David_Chaviano  and other SAP Gurus 

I am Yasir Sheikh, a passionate techie from Pakistan. I am a IT Project Manager in PwC - Pakistan but now I want to switch my career path from other technologies to SAP & to lead it project. I am thrilled to express my strong interest in participating in the Digital Skills Initiative!I am incredibly excited to express my keen interest in being a part of the Digital Skills Initiative. The concept of free learning and certification, along with the opportunity to secure one of the 10,000 SAP Certification vouchers for individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in the tech industry, is truly inspiring.

As someone who is in the midst of a mid-life career transition and eager to switch platforms, this program aligns perfectly with my aspirations. The tailored approach of this initiative is exactly what I need to reach new heights in my career journey. The chance to learn and gain a SAP Certification, especially at this stage of my life, is invaluable.

dolanbsrimal
Explorer

Hi David,

I have registered for this initiative using the registration link that you sent me. As required in Step 4, I have also completed the below learning journey that leads to certification. Request you to kindly share the redemption code that I can apply while booking my certification attempt. 

dolanbsrimal_0-1691713255763.png

Thanks, and regards,

Dolan