Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,340 Comments
AffanMoin
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I hope this email finds you well. I am Shahina Moin writing to express my keen interest in obtaining a certification for SAP Analytics Cloud. As a dedicated enthusiast of data analytics and cloud technologies, I believe that this certification would not only enhance my skill set but also contribute positively to my professional growth.

Having extensively researched the benefits of SAP Analytics Cloud, I am convinced that it is a pivotal tool in the realm of data analysis and visualization. Its capabilities align perfectly with my career aspirations, and I am excited about the prospect of acquiring in-depth knowledge in this domain.

I am writing to kindly request your support in granting me the opportunity to attempt the SAP Analytics Cloud certification. Given the importance of staying updated with the latest advancements in technology, I believe that obtaining this certification would not only benefit me personally but also add value to our team and organization. The knowledge gained from this certification would empower me to contribute effectively to ongoing projects and enhance our team's capabilities.

I understand the investment of time and resources that goes into certifications, and I am committed to dedicating myself fully to the preparation and successful completion of this certification. Your approval for this certification attempt would be a significant milestone in my professional journey, and I assure you that I will put in the utmost effort to make the most out of this opportunity.

kindly request your consideration and support in this matter. I am confident that obtaining the SAP Analytics Cloud certification would be a strategic step for both my personal growth and our team's advancement.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my request. I look forward to your positive response.

Best Regards.

Shahina 

exploring-sap-analytics-cloud-record-of-achievement.png

VivekPrakash
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Vivek Prakash from India. Currently I have been working as a SAP SD consultant. I have done engineering in Computer Science. I am desirous of having a chance to study more modules, then take examination to prove that SAP self-studying is always a considerable way. I also hope that future achievement will be a motivation for all of my colleagues too. 

Thank you so much for considering my application for the free certification attempt. 

I have completed below learning journey.

VivekPrakash_0-1696597707285.png

Thanks & regards, 

Vivek Prakash 

Tuannh
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Thank you for your this great opportunity! This is a great initiative for who is targeting on the journey to become SAP professional career path.

I Identify as a person in the below:

• Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location and also career opportunity vs other students.
  • First generation college student who want to change career path to become SAP consultant in area Finance and Accounting in further future.

Currently working in a company that's using SAP S4 HANA, however due to background lack of SAP experience, the career opportunity is not equal, hence I would love to earn more knowledge and get better chance in the future.

Thank you and best regards,

Thanks for your time,

iarcha
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I'm a woman and I am interested in SAP because my company is using it. I am looking to change my career into SAP.  This will be a great chance for me to step in the high-tech world.

Please consider my registration.

ThangNguyen796
Newcomer

Hii @David_Chaviano,

My name is Thang and I am from VietNam. At this moment, I need to be more educated about the opportunities that SAP brings to the table as it's evident that we are highly skillful but because of economic crisis we aren't able to take advantage of many opportunities.  I myself cannot afford the certification fee and has been waiting since an year now to have ample amount so as to do the certification in SAP SuccessFactors. If selected, I will definitely encourage more women my peers from VietNam who in my knowledge are willing to work in SAP and need a little push  to go and do their bit to help you people in this kind great initiative of providing free certification.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Invites sent out to those who sent details on their interest as of 9 October 2023!

Thanks!

Radia
Discoverer

Hello everyone, 

first i would like the SAP team behind this initiative that gives a helping hand to beginners all around the world,

my name is Radia , i north african woman (from Morocco) , i am a freshly graduate looking for a job at the moment , and i am interested in SAP cosulting , hence why i am interested in getting certified , i have already completed the learning journy for : "SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Public Edition Implementation with SAP Activate" (see the screenshot below) and i kindly ask you to provide me with acertificate attempt. 

and thank you in advance

Radia_0-1696871678792.png

MirriamA
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am from pakistan and I belong to the field of Human Capital Management,I would like to enhance my skills and be part of this digital skills initiative.

Thanks!

Jojoc_Wild
Newcomer

Hello, I am interested in enhancing my SAP skills as my company uses it but no training program is available so we learn everything by experience.

Thank you.

Sofoklis
Discoverer

Hi,

I have completed a learning journey and I am attaching the proof.
Screenshot 2023-10-04 202153.png

Please send me a redemption code for SAP certification attempt.

Regards,
Sofoklis
nhinguyennho
Newcomer

Hi David,

I graduated with Finance side for 2 years, but i want to changed my career path as a FI consultant and a little tips in ABAP side also (for sample some skills at debug or tracking issues ), so this is a great opportunity for me to get the certification that will have me to change my career path.

Please consider my case for a chance to get the coupon, hope to heard a good news from you.

Thanks and best regards.

Nhi

Sachin_Jaswal
Newcomer

Greetings, @David_Chaviano,

I'm very interested in joining this fantastic endeavor. I belong to the following groups:

1. Individuals from underrepresented backgrounds may face unequal opportunities based on their location.
  2. I'm a first-generation college student.
  3. I'm currently employed in an environment that utilizes SAP, and I'm eager to enhance and expand my skill set.

Thank you for considering my request.

Best regards,

thuhuongpham
Discoverer
0 Kudos

thuhuongpham972@gmail.com.png

Dear @David_Chaviano

I've completed the learning journey of Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA. I've already registered with my email: thuhuongpham972@gmail.com . Let me know how to proceed the next steps to receive the free certificate attempt. Thank you very ...

Piyush99
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am a first generation college graduate in my family, People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts, Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location.

I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements.I am grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush

SatveerSingh
Newcomer

Hi Team,

I am writing to you regarding the Digital skills initiative program.

I identify myself as a ‘People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts’ and I understand that this program is initiated to support my community. I have completed my learning journey in  ‘Discovering SAP Ariba Procurement’ and would like to take the free certification attempt for – ‘SAP Certified Application Associate - Extended Warehouse Management with SAP S/4HANA’.

Below are the details of the Learning Journey.

SAP Universal ID: P2006499107

Registered Mail ID: satveersinghsa@gmail.com

Learning Journey: Discovering SAP Ariba Procurement

Thanks & Regards,

Satveer Singh

Wisdom
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am a Ghanaian who has completed a degree in Human Resource Management and I have just been introduced to SAP SuccessFactors. I am the first person in my family to attain a university degree. 

I am very interested in the SAP solution and very excited about pursuing a career in it. Thanks to SAP for such an initiative which will give underprivileged people such as myself, the opportunity to start a new career.

I qualify for this initiative because:

• I am seeking to change careers midlife. 
  • I live in an area that has limited opportunities compared to my colleagues in urban areas.

I look forward to hearing favorably from you.

Kind Regards,

Wisdom Ntanam Yanana

minhnhat171999
Explorer

Hi Mr David & team,

My name is Nhat, currently living & working remotely in Nam Dinh City, a small rural city near Hanoi, capital of Vietnam. I used to work as an SAP MM consultant for around a year in 2019 but then for some personal reasons, i was forced to leave my job to continue helping my family business in agriculture industry. Now i decided to go back to my favorite career path as an SAP consultant after settling down my family business.

I've always wanted to be a SAP certified consultant since the start of my career. However, financial concerns have always been a barrier to achieving this target. As someone who values the equal opportunities in education, despite many financial burdens, the chance to take the SAP exam free of charge is definitely a huge blessing for me. By earning the SAP certification, i highly believe it will enhance my professional career development and gaining more job opportunities. The exam i plan to take is S/4HANA Sourcing and Procurement. 

I hope you will consider my application & offer the SAP certification exam free attempt.

Thank you so much!

Nhat Hoang Minh

yukinguyen
Newcomer

Hi David,

I will graduate in this year, i learning SAP in my university for functional side as Finance Consultant,

To be honest, this is a big chance for me to get certification that will help to find a job in SAP, hope you will consider for me with a free coupon.

Thanks and best regards.

Yuki

scarlettg
Newcomer

Hi David,

I am a woman and neurodivergent and belong to a minority.

I already look forward to starting journey with SAP and  am glad to have found this opportunity and want to get as much out of this as I can.

Thank you

Scarlett

NqLinh
Newcomer

My name is Linh and from Viet Nam.

I want to upskill myself in SAP technology and get a job opportunity soon.

Tks for this support!!!

Ana6
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

• Female
  • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I want to accelerate my career with SAP Digital Skills.So kindly consider me for providing free certification attempt.

Thank you!

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 13 Oct 2023.

JoshuaAsare
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

• First generation college students

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning journey with RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Asset Management and I awaiting my certification attempt

Thank you

Joshua

NancyPh
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Have a nice day!

I'm a SAP MM/SD/PS/PM/CS Functional Consultant (ECC and S4 HANA) from Vietnam. I've been working in SAP fields for 8 Years Now.

I am a women who have Knowledge on SAP S4 HANA but not certified.

I really love my job.  I want to keep learning and growing in this field for lifetime to have a great career opportunity.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it would help me to learn more knowledge in SAP and Career Opportunities. 

I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in SAP S4 HANA.

Thanks a Lot for this grateful Opportunity!

QuanCaoViet
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

This looks like a great initiative and I'd love to be a part of it, 

I identify as a person in the below categories:

People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 

Currently working in a environment that's using SAP and would love to learn and develop more my skill set further.

Thanks for your time,

nisasap
Newcomer

Hello David, this is Nisa. I identify myself with the below categories...

• Women
    • Single parents

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Please accept my registration.

Thank you

Nisa

TrinhPhan
Newcomer

Hello David,

I am interested in participating in Digital Skills Initiative.

Could you please send me more information?

Thanks & Best regards,

Trinh Phan

ShahrozIbrar
Newcomer

@David_Chaviano 

Dear SAP Team,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for your initiative for providing free examination for your modules, which are considered as one of the top most certifications in the market as of career prospective.

I am a technical profession who is currently working in the physical security sector and I am looking for a career change in IT as SAP consultant or SAP Project Manager.

I have already completed the coursera learning for SAP technical consultant.

I would highly appreciate if I can get a free certification attempt. It would be very much appreciated and would help me a lot in changing my career path.

First Name- Shahroz 
Last Name - Ibrar
Street Address - Aliganj Road No 11, Bihar, India

Kind Regards,
Shahroz Ibrar
AnshuDubey
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am writing to you regarding the Digital skills initiative program.

I identify myself as a ‘Women & People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts’ and I understand that this program is initiated to support my community. I have completed my learning journey in  ‘Discovering SAP Ariba Supplier Management’ and would like to take the free certification attempt for – ‘SAP Certified Application Associate - Extended Warehouse Management with SAP S/4HANA’.

Below are the details of the Learning Journey.

SAP Universal ID: P2007510280

Registered Mail ID: anshudubeyad0@gmail.com

Learning Journey: Discovering SAP Ariba Supplier Management.

Thanks and Regards

Anshu Dubey

jmmargo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 16 Oct 2023.

Chloe_Le
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano @jmmargo !

Thank you and team for the Digital skills initiative program!

As a Vietnamese woman in my 30s, I want to accelerate my career with SAP. My aim is to become a SAP consultant specified in CO/PP. 

It would be great if I could have a chance to get an attempt for the SAP certification.

Thank you and looking forward to receiving the registration info!

Regards,

nhung2708
Discoverer

Hi David,

I am a senior in Management Information Systems and want to kick of my career as a SAP FICO Functional Consultant. There is nothing more valuable than the Global Certificate from SAP and I was thrilled to know that SAP offer learners a precious chance to have it freely. I hope to receive your reply soon. Thank you so much.

Angelo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Good morning @David_Chaviano ,

I've just completed the Learning Journey "Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Public Edition for Sales" as you can see on the image below.

sapLJ.png

Can you please send me the redemption code so I can schedule my exam.

Kind regards,
Ângelo Alexandre

francoparodi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Greeting @David_Chaviano Thanks again for this incredible oportunity!

I already finished my Learning Journey course. Could you help me with the free attemt to certificate?

Thanks! and Best Regards.

Franco Parodi

francoparodi_0-1697540963027.png

jmmargo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 17 Oct 2023.

anhtuan262
Discoverer

"Hello! I'm interested in obtaining a voucher for the SAP Global Certification exam. I heard there might be a free voucher available. Could you please provide me with more information on how to obtain it? Thank you!"

anhtuan262
Discoverer

Hi Team @David_Chaviano ,

I'm interested in obtaining a voucher for the SAP Global Certification exam. I heard there might be a free voucher available. Could you please provide me with more information on how to obtain it?

Thanks & Regards,

Anh Tuan

jmmargo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 18 Oct 2023.

ztelcy
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

As a minority and a first-generation college student, I represent a distinct demographic often underrepresented in the tech industry. Raised by a single parent, I've faced unique challenges but have always remained determined to advance. My desire to pivot into a new career, specifically within the SAP Ecosystem, stems from a passion to both grow professionally and showcase the potential of individuals like myself. My experiences have fortified my resilience, adaptability, and commitment—qualities crucial for rigorous training. Being awarded this voucher and training for the SAP certification would not only uplift my own aspirations but also serve as an inspiration to countless others who face similar obstacles. I bring the willingness, drive, and a unique perspective, eager to learn and contribute to the SAP community. Selecting me would amplify the essence of this initiative, supporting individuals who bring diverse experiences to the tech landscape.

email: ztelcy@yahoo.com

Pinky_27
Newcomer

Hello,

I'm excited to express my keen interest in participating in the Digital Skills Initiative. It's an incredible opportunity to enhance my digital literacy and contribute to a more digitally empowered world.

djbenne
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I am very interested in completing the digital skill initiative. I am an African-American male, looking to make a career change mid-life and believe the SAP skills journey is well worth the investment.

Thanks!

natrichardson82
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I am excited and grateful for the opportunity the initiative can provide and would love to have the opportunity to further my SAP knowledge and be able to have certification to further my career.

• Women
  • Single parents
  • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent

I fall under the above categories and think that the certifications are my best option for success. i am eager and willoing to do whatever is necessary and hope i am afforded this great opportunity.

happy learning to all

N3lla
Newcomer

@David_Chaviano 

I identify with several of the under represented groups listed above. I’m interested in learning more about SAP as well participating in the digital skills initiative. 

Phu_DANG
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

I'm highly interested in participating in the digital skills initiative. I believe acquiring these skills is crucial in today's digital world. Looking forward to receiving the registration link and embarking on this learning journey. Additionally, it's reassuring to know that I can come back to the beginner corner for any assistance or guidance along the way. Thank you for providing such a valuable opportunity!

Thank you,

Phu DANG

iamsoni
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

My name is Le Van Son. I'm working as a ABAPer for 8 years.

I'm very glad to hear about this opportunity since I'm very eager to switch my careers mid-life. Things is I spent efforts to study on new thing, tried to get adapt to new technology such as CDS, new ABAP syntax, ABAP REST, lots of open.sap courses, and SAP UI5 also, I practiced some via Eclipse and Visual Studio. However, that was 2 years ago and I'm still continue my job at ECC6 system, lots of thing I studied goes away, it's not like I can't remember/recall those tech, but my project at ECC6 is not related about those new technique. Last time I tried to get a Certificate, finished reading lots of books such as HA100, HA300, especially HA400, later somehow I quit, decided not to get the Certificate, not enough motivation I guess. Since then, I still follow SAP developer page, SAP Youtube News,... aware SAP introducing new thing periodically, I'm just sit there, do nothing to get adapt with, asking myself, wondering what am I doing...even though I'm very confident working in ECC6 version, I bring lots of work/advising to my team, but I felt being left behind comparing what SAP is trying to switch into new thing, new value to the future, new usage of software/app/auto convenient thing to customer.

Until these day, I recognize lots of my friends working in SAP area, they all got their Certs, so hang out with them, heard some new tech, I a bit off the track. And time is come, I hear my company is having plan to transform to S/4HANA as well, that's enough motivation to me, I believe. Not only to switch my career, but also my responsibility to deeply understand the new tech, to be able to help my company, my team. I love SAP since beginning, I will love it one more time, will top up my passion and enthusiasm with it.

Please allow me this chance to start all over again.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Le Van Son

fnk
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

Thank you for this amazing opportunity. I'm a young Kenyan IT professional  mainly in Sales and marketing.

I've been looking to leverage my skills, career and experience with a SAP certification  and I started with my learning journey with the 'Discovering End-to-end Business Processes for the Intelligent Enterprise.' and am now currently studying for the 'Explore Intergrated Business Processes in SAP S/4 HANA- Certification'.

I would welcome the opportunity of a certication voucher and to sit for the certification exam.

Kind regards, 

Kabuu.

jmmargo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 19 Oct 2023.

Hazem99
Explorer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify as a person falling within the following categories:

1. Individuals residing in remote or underserved areas who may not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts.
2. Minorities who may face unequal opportunities based on their geographic location.
3. Individuals seeking a career change in mid-life.

I have successfully completed my initial learning journey and am currently awaiting my certification attempt.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

ThaoVo
Discoverer

Hi David,

I'm Thao from Vietnam, thank you and SAP so much for giving such a great oppurtunity.

I'm a women and I'm looking to switch my career mid-year.

I have worked as a PS SAP Consultant for 2 years and I want to do certification in the same to outgrow my knowledge. 

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Thao Vo.

bngan04
Discoverer

I identify as a person in category of women I want to upskill myself in SAP , I've completed the Discovering End-to-End Business Processes for the Intelligent Enterprise Learning journey. I'd like to receive an attempt to take exam for SAP certification. Please count me in .
My email is ngannguyen230604@gmail.com.