Beginner Corner Blog Posts
Share your stories, ideas, and insights here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello there and thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning!

The digital skills initiative is intended to help those who are generally considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry get a kick start in their careers within the SAP Ecosystem.

The definition of people considered to be underrepresented in the technology industry varies by geographic location. However, we can provide the following guideline to help you understand the sort of people we are looking to support with this initiative:

• Military veterans and their spouses, family and caregivers
    • Women
    • Single parents
    • People who are physically disabled or neurodivergent
    • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 
    • Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location 
    • First generation college students
    • People looking to switch their careers mid-life

If you identify as a person in one or several of these categories, the digital skills initiative might be for you. The final prerequisite is a willingness to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification.

Exception: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the next steps on how to proceed:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you intend on registering with the digital skills initiative.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions.

Step 2 - Let us know you are interested

Either leave a comment below or start a discussion in the beginner corner stating a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. Feel free to include a bit about yourself like academic / professional background and why you feel you are a good fit to the program. We will send you a registration link to the initiative via direct message. Please ensure private messaging is enabled on your profile.

Another key reason for this step is if you need help with part of a learning journey that you selected (in step 4 below), you can come back here (the beginner corner) to ask for help.

Step 3 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 4 - Begin studying

Pick a learning journey that best fits your interests which also leads to a certification. Any learning journey and any exam is covered by this program. Study it to completion, then send a screenshot of the completion & your SAP Community username to digitalskills@sap.com  

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion is sent to digitalskills@sap.com, please give us some time to process your request. You will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt as soon as we can get one to you.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Check out the career corner

We wish you the best of luck in your learning journey! Leave a comment below if you have any questions.

Regards,

David

1,396 Comments
Obiaka7
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

Thank you for the detailed post as to how to engage in this digital skills initiative. I am quite interested in joining this learning/certification journey with SAP and also meet the current qualifications that have been listed above. I look forward to receiving the instructions on how to apply for the initiative and becoming more experienced within the SAP ecosystem. 

I fall into the category of underrepresented minority within this industry as a POC within the United States. 

Thank you!

Marinka40
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am grateful for this initiative and express a clear interest in participating in the digital skills initiative. I would like to undergo SAP training with the goal of transitioning to a new career. Count me in for the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning! I fall into categories such as Women, Single Parents, and People looking to switch careers mid-life.

Regards, Maryna.

HUNGTA
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

Good day!

I'm an Import & Export staff from Vietnam. I've been working in big companies with SAP tool for 8 Years Now and I am looking for chance to switch my careers mid-life as an SAP SD consultant and I believe that a certification can help to reach my goal.

I really love working with SAP.  I want to keep learning and growing in this career path.

I hope you will consider my application for the free certification in SAP S4 HANA - Sales and Distribution.

Regards,

maipnt
Newcomer

My name is Mai and I'm a university student with a strong interest in participating in the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. I am eager to express my keen interest in acquiring a voucher. As a passionate advocate for continuous learning, I believe that this opportunity will play a pivotal role in enriching my skills in SAP.

I am ready and willing to delve deeper into the world of SAP, face the challenges of obtaining SAP certification, and actively engage in discussions and activities to broaden my understanding of the initiative. Please consider my application for the voucher, as I am excited about the prospect of registering for the initiative and embarking on this learning journey.

Thank you for presenting this fantastic opportunity!

Best regards,

Swathi12
Discoverer

Hi David,

I identify as a person in the below categories:

• Women
  • People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts 

I am willing to learn more about SAP enterprise  Planning . I have completed courses on Open SAP and purse certification as SAC Planning Associate.

This is truly an amazing initiative by SAP and a great opportunity for me. I'm positively looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks& Regards,

Swathi.

Helly_Tran
Explorer

Thanks for your reply @David_Chaviano 

I have received an invites at 17 November 2023.

Thank you a lot!!

Varun_reddy
Explorer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

I am Varun , SAP Security and GRC Consultant from India. I've been working in SAP Security for couple of years now. I identified as a person for this certification as a first-generation college graduate in my family.

I really love working with SAP because it helps businesses improve their processes. It's amazing to see how technology can make such a big difference. I want to keep learning and growing in this field to have a great career.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become even better at what I do. I know that the world of technology is always changing, and I want to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements.I am grateful for this opportunity and excited about the possibilities ahead. Thank you for considering my application for the free certification attempt.

Thanks & Regards,

Varun Reddy

Yuri_Malpica
Newcomer

Hello David, I am a woman and also looking to switch my career into a new path, and that is why I need and want to learn SAP because it will be such a great help to develop myself as a professional and adding very important and demanding skills! I'm looking forward to starting learning. 

AnhTrang
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I wanted to share with you that I have successfully completed the Developing with SAP Integration Suite learning journey. Please find the attached screenshot for verification. The email associated with my registration is abadeer1988@gmail.com.

I am enthusiastic about taking a free certification attempt for Developing with SAP Integration Suite Obtaining the SAP certification will undoubtedly elevate my professional career development and open doors to more job opportunities.

I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity and eagerly anticipate the possibilities that lie ahead.

Thank you and best regards,

Anh Trang

PNathan
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

As someone who has been in the IT world for 5+ years but recently affected by my company restructure, I'm now eager to take on this SAP learning journey, by starting at "Provisioning and Administering Databases in SAP HANA Cloud" learning path, which will help me prepare for the SAP HANA Cloud certification.

The world of SAP is huge and full of opportunities. This is definitely an awesome initiative by SAP and a great opportunity on the career advancement for me. I'm positively looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Nathan

MihaiMazilu
Discoverer

Awesome initiative.

I am interested in the following two certifications:

C_ACTIVATE22 - SAP Certified Associate - SAP Activate Project Manager

C_BW4H_211 - SAP Certified Application Associate - Reporting, Modeling and Data Acquisition with SAP BW/4HANA

How what trainings/ training paths should I perform to be eligible for the free exams?

Thank you and again great initiative 

ntkhue2305
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I'm a third-year student at University of Economics and Law (UEL) in Viet Nam. I want to learn more about this course, so it would be greatly appreciated if you would give me the opportunity to develop my skills and knowledge.  I'm positively looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Nguyen Thi Kim Hue

MihaiMazilu
Discoverer

Awesome initiative.

I am interested in the following two certifications:

• C_ACTIVATE22 - SAP Certified Associate - SAP Activate Project Manager
  • C_BW4H_211 - SAP Certified Application Associate - Reporting, Modeling and Data Acquisition with SAP BW/4HANA

How what trainings/ training paths should I perform to be eligible for the free exams?

I am a mid-career switcher with physical disabilities.

Huonggianglee
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Giang, I identify as a person in the below categories

- First-generation college students

- People looking to switch their careers mid-life

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning journey TS410 course and I awaiting my certification attempts

Thank you very much 

LeonD
Discoverer

Hi,

Just wanted to drop a note of appreciation for SAP's Digital Skills initiative, and a special thanks to David for the invaluable support throughout.

@David_Chaviano I have completed the learning journey titled "Composing and automating with SAP Build the No-Code Way" and I would like to request for my free certification coupon.

Thank you in advance.

Rgds,

Alan

Daisy21
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano,

I am a woman from Vietnam and currently working as a SAP consultant. Hope you will give me a chance to develop my knowledge, then get a first SAP certification.

Thank you in advance.

teju_mohanraj
Participant

Hi David..

I have completed the learning journey - S4HC Professional Services

teju_mohanraj_0-1700733874227.png

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone - Invites sent out as of 23 Nov 2023.

@MihaiMazilu - Any journey counts!

Gary-YIn
Discoverer
Halleyhaha
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I just got a job in SAP consultant. This is a big chance for a working mom like me to upgrade my skills as well as my pay range. I am seeking learning materials and trying to get SAP certificate 6 months later.

An opportunity of free test will help me much financially. I really look forward to your reply.

zaved
Newcomer

Hi All,

I am zaved and i am from India. I belong to minority group and parent to a special child

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I am doing course on SAP Signavio.   and I am awaiting my certification attempt

Thank you

zaved_23
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I identify myself as a person falling in the below categories:

I am willing to learn more about SAP and willing undergo  SAP Certification to enhance my employability. I have completed my first learning journey Signavio  and I awaiting my certification attempt

Thank you

Zaved Ahmed

nguyenlengc
Newcomer

hello @David_Chaviano 

I am Le Nguyen Chi Nguyen from Viet Nam.

I am a man.

I want to expand my knowledge in SAP BTP.

Thanks & Regards,

Nguyen

musa1
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi david 

My screenname is (musa1) and here is my email levelbost@gmail.com

And here is screen shot of my screenname please share Campaign code

1000260293.jpg

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks everyone who sent out details related to their interest in the digital skills initiative! Invites sent out as of 24 November 2023.

@musa1 - share a bit about your professional & academic background and why you feel you are a good fit to the digital skills initiative!

tdkr
Discoverer

Hey everyone and hope you all people doing alright.

Unfortunately due to economy crisis i had to switch to another "dimension" and change completely job category.

I believe sap is one of the top 5 tools someone has to have in my job environment.

A free certificate would be awesome to be honest.

Thanks in any case,

George 

IceTea96
Newcomer

Hi David, 

My name is Hieu Nguyen and I fall in love with BTP. 
People looking to switch their careers mid-life.

I worked as ABAP Developer for long time and recently lost the job. I have good working experience with SAP Cloud Integration and I am eager to learn and get certification in BTP.
It will surely help to boost my skill set and will be great help in job finding.

Thank you for this lovely initiative and looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Hieu Nguyen

Olhapan86
Discoverer

Hello, my name is Olga, I am 37 years old. Because of the war in Ukraine, I had to flee with my children to Germany (today the children are 4 and 8 years old). Since 2014, I was on maternity leave, so I was left without a permanent job for a long time.

Before that, I had experience working with accounting systems in sales, logistics and a little in accounting. A year ago, for 2 months, I worked on the SalesForce platform, performing some functions for a French company.

Now, to look for a job in Germany, I want to master the SAP program, since I see that this program is widely in demand and is really necessary for my career. I am highly motivated and a fast learner. I would be very grateful to get a chance for free SAP training, especially in the Supply Chain Management.

Thank you for your attention!

Best regards 

Huonggianglee
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Giang, I identify as a person in the below categories

- First-generation college students

- People looking to switch their careers mid-life
I have some knowledge in ERP and I want to expand my knowledge in SAP.
I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning journey TS410 course and I awaiting my certification attempts
My email: gianglh21406@st.uel.edu.vnThank you for this lovely initiative and looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Giang Le

TranXuanAnhDao
Discoverer

Hi, 

I'm Tran Xuan Anh Dao from Vietnam.

Thank you so much for the Digital Skills Initiative program.

I am in a self-study process to improve my career. I began my SAP career five years ago and changed my career path from a sales executive to a SAP B1 consultant. At this time, I have to self-study with many efforts to be better every day. Now, SAP has a huge strategy to change the product, and that is a reason I need to improve myself to change from SAP B1 to SAP S4 Hana, Public Cloud. So, I think the Digital Skills Initiative program is really a big support for me.

I hope I have a change to get a redemption code to have more change to improve myself, to be better in the SAP career path.

Again, I want to thank so much for this program to support us.

JaneZhong
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano,

I hope this comment finds you well.

I am writing to express my sincere desire to obtain a free SAP certification. I am a woman working as SAP PP QM Consultant in Vietnam, and I come from a big family where I am the first generation to attend college.

I am passionate about technology and its transformative power. Acquiring SAP certification will enhance my skills, open doors to better career prospects, and contribute to the digital transformation of my community. It will provide a strong foundation in SAP modules and enable me to contribute effectively to organizations implementing SAP solutions. Additionally, it will empower me to use digital technologies to address socio-economic challenges in my community.

I am reaching out to you with the hope that you would consider providing me with the opportunity to obtain a free SAP certification. This would not only benefit me personally but also empower other women in similar circumstances who aspire to excel in the IT industry.

I am confident that with the support of organizations like yours, we can bridge the gap and create equal opportunities for women in IT. I am ready to put in the hard work and dedication required to successfully complete the certification and utilize the knowledge gained to make a meaningful impact.

Thank you for taking the time to read my comment. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Jane.

Mugiwarayaah
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Hope your doing well. 

I identified myself as :

• Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location (black people)

I'm living in france and I use to be saler and retail store. Actually, I'm looking for a job on IT and I hear about SAP consultant. 

I am willing to learn more about SAP and hope to get SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud to enhance my employability.

Thanks

manishakulkarni
Explorer
I recognize myself to be falling under the category of - Women and I have prior experience working into SAP as Functional Consultant, and I am currently into a career break and wanting to enhance my skills and pitch back into SAP Career. 

This free certification attempt will definitely help me progress into the same. 

I sincerely value the opportunity to participate in this initiative, and kindly request you to consider my application for consideration of Free Certification Attempt. I have completed the learning Journey in SAP Learning.
EC9F962F-0E81-4218-AC67-FF4D98181F68.jpeg
My details are as follows:

Certification Code: C_ARSCC_2308

My Completed Learning Journey:
 F5513E7B-FB28-462D-844C-D0E0B1239AE4.jpeg
Thank you so much!

Kind Regards,
Manisha
tamtth1
Discoverer

• Women

I am willing to learn more about SAP enterprise  Planning . I have completed courses on Open SAP and purse certification as SAC Planning Associate.

This is truly an amazing initiative by SAP and a great opportunity for me. I'm positively looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks& Regards,

tamtth1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

• Women

I hope I have a change to get a redemption code to have more change to improve myself, to be better in the SAP career path.

Again, I want to thank so much for this program to support us.

Quyen_Nguyen
Newcomer

Hi, I'm Quyen, I'm from Viet Nam. I'm interest in participating in the SAP course. 

caro3110
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

My name is Quy and I come from Vietnam. I'm working as SAP CRM Consultant for almost two year. All my knowledge about SAP is from the internal training at the company only. In the process of working in this field, I learn that there are many things I have yet to learn about SAP.

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt because I believe it will help me learn more and become better at what I do.

I fall in the category of women.

Thank you for considering my application!

Hamza108
Newcomer
Hello

I am hamza , i m looking for new opportunities. In fact i have been fired from my job
I am specialist of payroll and hr.
SAP is a leader in his field, this free certification will allow me to boost my career.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks everyone for sharing details about your interest in the digital skills initiative. Invites sent out as of 28 November 2023.

P_Himanshu
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano 

I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I am extremely eager to participate in the Digital Skills initiative. Despite being an Engineering graduate with a non-IT background, I have a deep passion for coding, and I have already begun learning ABAP. Becoming a Technical Consultant is my ultimate goal, and this initiative is the perfect stepping stone to achieve it. The resources and certification opportunities offered by this program are invaluable. I am grateful to SAP for offering this opportunity to me and others like me. With the help of this initiative, I am confident that I can achieve my dream job and embark on a fulfilling career in the tech industry. 

MinhPham
Newcomer

@David_Chaviano 

Hi David,

I am an ABAP developer and want to learn about Cloud Development for my future career in SAP Development field.

I have successfully completed myExploring SAP Data Services and now I want to apply for the digital skills initiative. Can you have me with it?

milli2311
Newcomer

Hi,

i am a woman and really interested in learning SAP to find a job. I worked as an IT administrator before parental leave and am now unable to find a remote worker job. A certificate would definitely help me in this case.

Best Regards

Melina

mostafa20008
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano

People in remote or underserved locations that may be not have access to the same economic opportunities as their urban or more privileged counterparts
Minorities who may not have equal opportunity in their geographic location
First generation college students
People looking to switch their careers mid-life
I am willing to learn more about SAP and to undergo the rigors of studying for SAP Certification. I have completed my first learning. i finish  Explore Integrated Business Processes in SAP S/4HANA  I awaiting my certification attempt.

jasmine007
Newcomer

Hello David! I am a young passionate student from an underserved region, and as a woman & first generation college student
looking to switch their careers & to be part of the Digital Skill Initiative. I am willing to put in the time to achieve this goal.

I look forward to hearing from you and your team. Thank you for your consideration.

@David_Chaviano 

RichardC
Discoverer

Hello @David_Chaviano

I identify as an underrepresented person and would like to take part in the Digital Skills Initiative in order to build SAP skills. Thank you!

-Richard

Roberta_R_1986
Explorer

Hello David,

Thanks for this initiative. As a transgender woman working in tech, I would like to join the digital initiative to lear an develop myself in SAP technology, I'm curios and motivated and I want to take a new step in my career. 

Regards,
Roberta

Chiphan97
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano 

My name is Chi and I come from Vietnam. I'm taking course on SAP PP module and would love to seek opportunity to become PP consultant

I'm eager to take a free certification attempt TS 422 because I believe it will help me learn more and become better at what I do.

I fall in the category of women.

Thank you for considering my application!

nguyenxt
Newcomer

hello @David_Chaviano 

I am  Chi Nguyen from Viet Nam.

I am a man.

I am an ABAP developer and want to learn about SAP BTP. for my future career in SAP Development field.

Thanks & Regards,

Nguyen

huynguyen0206
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I'm excited to join the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning. As a student, I'm eager to kick start my career in the SAP Ecosystem.

I've created my SAP account and joined the beginner corner. Could you please send me the registration link for the initiative via direct message. I'm ready to dive into my chosen learning journey.

Thanks for this opportunity.

Best, Huy Nguyen

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your interest in the digital skills initiative! 

Invites are now sent out as of 01 December 2023.