Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Skills Initiative May 2024 Bootcamp Guide

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Welcome all registrants to the digital skills initiative by SAP Learning! This discussion page will serve as a guide and Q&A forum for all candidates who will be joining us for our May 2024 SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud bootcamp

David_Chaviano_0-1684767804335.png

Once you have received your acceptance email, here are some steps you should be sure to take:

Step 1 – Create an SAP Account

You will need an SAP account to track your studies and take a certification exam. Watch the demo in this blog for help on how to do that. Please use the same email address that you registered with the digital skills initiative / bootcamp.

Also be sure to join the beginner corner as demonstrated in the demo – this is how you can reach out and ask questions below.

Step 2 – Make sure you have context

We have a long blog available attempting to explain the whole "learning SAP" process from beginning to certification. Take from it what you need to ensure getting certified in SAP is worth the effort to you.

Step 3 - Download Zoom Workplace to attend the bootcamp

Go to the Zoom download page to make sure you have the latest version of Zoom installed so you do not need to struggle with software installation 5 minutes before the start of the bootcamp.

Step 4 – Understand  what to study

Identify what learning journeys your bootcamp sessions will be covering:

1. Exploring SAP Cloud ERP

2. Implementing SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 

Please keep in mind that you should also self-study through the learning journey (or at least skim it) as well – ideally before meeting the instructor so you can attend the sessions prepared with some questions.

Be sure the completion of this learning journey is recorded under your SAP account. (You need to be registered and logged in with the same email address that you signed up with the digital skills initiative.)

Step 5 – Receiving your certification attempt

After your learning journey completion, you will receive a redemption code for your SAP certification attempt. It may take some time to receive this code, apologies for the delay – we are working on this as fast as we can! To expedite receipt, you can send a screenshot of your completion of digitalskills@sap.com

• Please log into the SAP Training Shop  with the same email address that you registered with the digital skills initiative and place this product into your shopping basket.
  • From there, follow this guide on how to use this campaign code to “pay” for your certification attempt.

Please redeem the code ASAP when you receive it. You can schedule the actual exam up to six month after redemption.

Step 6 - Schedule your exam

Check out our blog on how to schedule your SAP Certification exam.

Please feel free to drop a comment below if you have any questions or comments. Best of luck with your studies!

Step 7 - Explore Career Options

Get active on the career corner & identify yourself as having attended a digital skills initiative bootcamp.

Check out the career corner

Let's work together in finding opportunities unlocked by your new certification.

Recordings

Day 1 - 13 May 2024

Day 2 - 14 May 2024

Day 3 - 15 May 2024

19 REPLIES 19

Jen305
Explorer
0 Kudos

How do I apply or join this cohort? I've been going in circles trying to apply for the digital skills 

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @Jen305 ,

You can find instructions for the self-study part of the program here.

The bootcamp cohort is filling up fast - I'd like to send you a private message to talk about this, but I cannot seem to message you. Can you double check your settings to ensure you can receive private/direct messaging?

Hi David, can you email the information to the Cohort to Jjoseph@alumni.seu.edu. I don't know why you are not able to email me on here but I would like to start with this cohort. I have access to the self pace work. I started last night. 

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

@Jen305 Okay- check your inbox for next steps! Sorry for the delay. We've still got space. 😉

0 Kudos

Thank you! I responded.

Jen305
Explorer
0 Kudos

My email settings is set to allow communication. Don't send me any community emails box is not checked. Is there another way to communicate since it isn't giving you an option to reach out to me. 

Stephane_L
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi David_Chaviano  I encounter difficulties to simply joining the "beginner" or "welcome corner" groups. I get an "Access denied" message page  when I click on the "join group" button. However I have completed my registration as indicated in videos. 

Please how could I solve this?

Many thanks. Stephane

0 Kudos

I received the same error when trying as well. @David_Chaviano I’ve followed the steps given but there is an error. 

TCodeMP
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Greetings David,

I also asked for an invite but didn’t had a reply and would really like to apply and get a chance to participate since this would be extremely helpful in my career. Could you sent me an invite to participate in the digital skills initiative?

Best Regards 

Mahfoud
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I already finished  "Outlining the Financial Accounting Overview in SAP S/4HANA" and just started the "implementation SAP S/HANA4 cloud public edition learning what to do to receive the invitation to this bootcamp ? ..you know im already lost between such huge amounts of informations and certifications learning paths  😵😀.

Thank you for your guidance David 

sontt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank @David_Chaviano 

Thank you very much, I'm starting to learn. After completing my studies, I will contact you.

Best regards

Steve_L
Explorer

Hello everyone! I'm Steve, your trainer for the SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud Bootcamp, and I'm thrilled to be working with all of you.

It's fantastic to see such a diverse, international group in attendance – a true testament to SAP's global reach! Let's make the most of this opportunity!

Really looking forward to working with you all. 
🙂

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I wanted to join this bootcamp sessions. how could I join? Please help.

satadas30
Explorer
0 Kudos

@David_Chaviano sent a private message for enrollment. i have already completed the learning journeys mentioned above. kindly help me with the next steps.

CandyChan
Discoverer

Hi David,

Thanks for your advice and arrangement.Where can i checked the record from 13th,May?I hope to learn again before next classes.

Thanks again.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @CandyChan ,

The recordings will be posted at the bottom of the blog!

rochi
Discoverer

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing the sessions record. Is it possible to download the videos ?

Suraj_DV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I would like to join or apply for this cohert, could you guide me ?

and also Thank you so much for conducting such wonderful sessions.

Roberta_R_1986
Explorer

Hello David,

I noticed that yesterday's recording has the option for download but not for the first session. Could you please check? 

Also, if possible, it would be great to have the presentation slides as well. 

Best Regards,

Roberta