Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coastal Photography Competition 2022 (running from Aug 19-Sept 19) with SAP Community!

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Lovers of photography and coastal views – share your best photographs please!

Happy World Photography Day! Annually, on August 19, is World Photography Day which is a
celebration of photographic history - and a great excuse to share photos with the world. Two years ago, even, some of you have received a random day surprise that same day! Lots of pictures are getting shared in SAP Community and thinking of the variety of nice photos uploaded so far, I want to challenge you now and start this little photography competition.

Together with my colleagues, I was thinking of a suitable category for this challenge which we all would enjoy looking at during this time of the year.
Including many other countries, it’s currently summer here in Europe. Some being on vacation and others enjoying the warm temperatures at home.

My favorite place is the coast. I like the view and if possible, taking a dip in the water.

B4D483AD-97F4-46F5-8B4E-39DA4B5A7DC1.jpeg

I don’t have easy access to a nice coast but when I do, I make sure I take pictures for the nice memory. Currently sitting in the (home) office like many of us here, wouldn’t it be refreshing to see some coastal pictures taken by the community?

Now, here’s how you can participate this photography competition:

• Sign into your SAP Community account. If you don’t have an account in SAP Community
    Groups, you will need to create an account on groups.community.sap.com.
  • Join the Coffee Corner Group as a member, so you can participate in the discussion 
  • Share your one best coastal photograph as a comment below. If you add multiple photographs, only the first one posted will count for the competition. If you haven’t visited or don’t live near a coastal region, we are happy to accept a lake or river photo. Feel free to also tell us where that photo was taken, when you took it, and why you visited the place. 
    For the competition we’ll consider photographs only shared until September 19, 12:00 pm CEST as a comment to this thread. 
  • The photograph which received the most kudos during the competition entry period wins the competition. 
  • The winner will be announced in another blog post after the competition entry period. 

What’s in it for you participating in the challenge?
The winner of our Coastal Photography Contest 2022 will win an SAP Merchandise Store voucher worth 100€.

How can you win?
Give kudos to the photographs you like the most until September 19, 12:00 pm CEST (there is no
limit on giving kudos, but once you gave kudos to a photograph, you can’t add another kudos
to the same).

See detailed competition details in my separate reply below.

I also loved reading through the ‘My favorite place’ – thread, getting inspiration for future travel journeys and learning from community members where their favorite place is. If you haven’t checked it out yet, I can recommend it. I noticed that there were many pictures of nature and I’m looking forward to more favorite places shared. Now for this competition, let’s enjoy some coastal sceneries!

111 REPLIES 111

Great pics @lenastodal - I've no clue where they are from, because I haven't been to either continent! But just wanted to share the Irish version with you 😄 - cows on the beach in County Galway (a photo I took many years ago).

Cows on the beach Connemara.jpg

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Awww - lovely picture! Have to come back to County Galway to see it myself! 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For me it was sheep on the coast in Cumbria. My kids wouldn't believe me that what they were seeing on the Horizon was the Isle of Man.

LauraTozzo
Advisor
Advisor

joining the competition with a view of the Portofino Coast (in Liguria, Italy), fresh from my summer vacation a few weeks ago!

LLY_0041.jpg

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

JasonLax_0-1662371680931.jpeg

This is the early morning view in Kemer, Turkey, where we vacationed at the end of August. I'm an early bird so this was my chance to grab some good seats before everyone else (yes, I am that person) and then do a few laps in the sea before enjoying my morning coffee. 

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

The early bird gets rewarded! What a perfect morning! 🙂 

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Oh my god! I just scrolled to all the images and they are all (really, absolutely ALL!) stunning! 😍
Thanks to everyone for sharing these incredible images. As I grew up at the coast I thought to share an image as well but these you shared already are so so great, beautiful and touching.
But what the heck! Here is mine, from Wremen in North Germany close to the city where I grew up. Taken a couple of weeks ago during a visit at my parent's place.

Wremen.jpg

It was during low tide and you see some people walking the mudflat (Watt) 😊
Hope, you like it 😅

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Föß
Active Participant

A few years ago I traveled through Canada. Beautiful lakes on every corner! 

foess_1-1662628037888.jpeg

Maligne Lake

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

That's a stunning photo @Föß - nice perspective as well! Thanks for sharing!
I've also been lucky enough to see the lakes of Canada, breath-taking.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Wow! It really looks amazing. I need to visit the West of Canada. Only been to the East so far ... 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor

The latest ocean pics from my camera roll. Taken a couple of weeks ago in Darwin where going down to the beach to watch the sunset is what everyone does during the dry season.C485919A-037F-4812-A0E0-C799C506ED7A_1_105_c.jpegIMG_4728.jpeg

Jason_Cao
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I love the ocean! 😎 The place I want to retire is on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, Canada, facing the Pacific Ocean.

Gibsons 1.jpg

It is only a 30-minute ferry ride from Vancouver, and the picture above was taken early in the morning after sunrise, while the tide is at its lowest. You can see that most of the sand is made of crushed shells. I love the ability to just walk out there and harvest fresh oysters and clams for my meals. The seaweed is supposedly delicious and healthy too, but I haven't tried it yet. 😅

The sunsets are magnificent as well.

Gibsons 2.jpg

There's a "Sunshine Coast" in Canada? 😉

Jason_Cao
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Yes! No where as famous or as sunny as Australia’s Sunshine Coast, but we dare to dream! 😎

mmamazing
Advisor
Advisor

I have realized this year that I love coast so muuuch! I had to try the sunrise and woke up at 6 AM just to get this picture 😍 It is also part of my video! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

beachtime.jpg

0 Kudos

This looks like a very happy moment! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

darylD
Advisor
Advisor

20220813171246_IMG_1383.JPGThis photo was from our recent vacation in New Milford, CT, USA.  On the shores of Candlewood Lake there, there is a spot called Lover's Leap.  It is quite scenic and peaceful.

0 Kudos

seems like a beautiful place!

former_member15920
Associate
Associate

The Diamond beach is located on Nusa Penida island, which is next to Bali, Indonesia. The road to the beach is not easy - 2 very narrow lanes with constant slides and turns, where cars, roosters or dogs hide behind every other corner, so you won't really relax while driving there. The steps from the parking place to the beach itself is tricky, the way back is even more so, but the whole way is definitely worth it.. paradise on Earth that you only could dream of.. here it is!Diamond beach, Nusa Penida, Indonesia.  April 2022Diamond beach, Nusa Penida, Indonesia. April 2022

Wow, this is beautiful and sounds really like a little adventure 😊

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Evening Sail.jpgAs a public sector employee, I'm ineligible, but just for fun, here's one of my favorites from sailing on Puget Sound (Seattle).

marcobuescher
Active Contributor

SugguSandeep
Active Participant

Hi SCN People,

This Picture was taken on January 06, 2022, In the Last Week Of My Engineering,

imageedit_2_3795986054.jpg

This is the Coastal Near God Temple Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthanam, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India.

While I am studying  Computer Science engineering in K L University, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India.

I used to visit this place with my friend for every 2 weeks or 3 weeks to get blessings from goddess & to get peace of mind, at least used to  spend 2 to 3 hours…

Thank You 🙂

Suggu Sandeep.

dabbiru
Explorer

Great pics and amazing contributions. today I am back from my parental leave and I had my visit to India last month, here you go.

from Visakhapatnam, Indiafrom Visakhapatnam, India

from R.K Beach, Visakhapatnam, Indiafrom R.K Beach, Visakhapatnam, India

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Lovely! Hope you enjoyed your parental leave. Have a great start! 

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey everyone! The competition is over and the winner is identified, read more in this blog post: https://blogs.sap.com/2022/09/20/random-day-surprise-international-coastal-clean-up-day/  A big thank you for all participants and lovely photos shared! 

I personally enjoyed a lot the diversity of beatiful coastal pictures shared in this thread and invite everyone to continue sharing whenever you catch a special sunrise, sunset or just beautiful coastal moment that you would like to share with others.  

"Life isn't perfect but it has perfect moments."
(unknown)

That's great 🙂

Many many Congrats @Former Member Astill 🤗

@RAHEEL_BABAR I also enjoyed your photo of Karachi in Pakistan. I like how you caught the moment full of happenings at the beach. 

Thank You @mynynachau 🤗

I really enjoyed this fun activity 🙂

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thank you @mynynachau and everyone else, this was a really fun activity. I loved seeing everyones amazing photos.

mynynachau
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Congrats!

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

All the photographers in the community: our newest competition is live, it's about coffee (or tea) with a view! Take a look, submit an existing picture or even take a new picture during the competition period: Coffee with a View Photography Competition 2023.

Looking forward to seeing you there.