Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffee with a View – Photography Competition 2023 (June 13 - July 11) in SAP Community!

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

4 Stats (5).png

Imagine this, you're enjoying your favourite cup of coffee on your vacation, admiring a beautiful landscape or you are just appreciating how your coffee mug perfectly matches your well-arranged home-office setup in the background. It's hard to resist the urge to capture such moments…. It is my pleasure to invite you to our new photography competition – Coffee with a View!

Our previous coastal photography competition uncovered lots of passionate photographers within our community. Revisiting the thread, I am delighted to see those breathtaking perspectives from around the globe that were shared. For some, capturing memorable moments through photography is also an important part of travelling. My colleague @mynynachau just started an interesting discussion about traveler’s mindset, check it out!

Speaking of coffee, it holds an irreplaceable part in my life. It's no wonder that the “Coffee Corner“ group initially caught my eye when I joined the SAP Community. For me, drinking coffee embodies a ritual that signifies connection, engaging conversations, and cherished moments of “me-time”. I was thrilled to stumble upon the discussion thread about our favourite coffee.

Why Coffee with a View?

If you scroll through social media, you'll notice that “Coffee with a View” has been a popular trend for a while now. Search for the hashtag #coffeewithaview in any platform and you'll see what I mean. The view can be anything: somewhere in the nature, a nice café you visited, in front of your office building or a conference room, or even your very own “coffee corner” in the kitchen. Let's share those coffee views and tell each other about the stories behind them.

P.S.: Tea-lovers, we also accept your “tea with a view” pictures, it’s the story of the view that is important to us!

I have some pictures in my camera roll that I'd love to share with you for a start.

IMG_0354.jpg

Coffee with a View of cherry blossom and people – bye bye Covid-winter!

This picture was taken on a beautiful spring day in Heidelberg, Germany. I was enjoying a relaxing Sunday by the riverside of Neckar, surrounded by cherry blossoms and a clear, blue sky. I treated myself to a flat white and a slice of strawberry cake. I wanted to capture this moment because it reminded me of the joy of being outdoors after a long winter of COVID-19 restrictions. I felt the warm spring breeze and heard people chatting and laughing. I was grateful and I was truly in the moment.

6163546A-B9D0-42AE-B005-67FE2B377F1C-4EE44C01-E5A4-4DE2-AD90-592581AED0CE.JPG

Coffee with a View of Hamburg city canal – my first paid vacation as a student

The picture is taken on my vacation to Hamburg Germany when I visited the historic “Speicherstadt” district in Hamburg. It was my very first paid vacation and back then I was a working student at SAP. I tried the local coffee with the signature canal view of Hamburg city, which has a special urban feeling. The water was shimmering under the sun and reflecting the surrounded buildings. It was a unique view!

I am already very curious about your views and stories. Join me and share your pictures & stories with the community!

How to participate?

• Sign into your SAP Community account (in case of no existing account in Groups, you will need to create an account on groups.community.sap.com, click to watch the instruction video)
  • Share your coffee view and story as a reply below
  • Give Kudos to your favourite pictures under the thread
  • The photograph which received the most kudos during the competition entry period (June 13, 10 AM CEST – July 11, 12 PM CEST) wins the competition​
  • The winner will be announced in another discussion thread after the competition entry period
  • If you add multiple photographs with multiple replies, we will only count the one with more kudos for the competition
  • Please read through the terms and conditions for our competition in the reply below carefully

What’s in it for you participating in the competition?

Everyone who participates in the challenge by replying to this thread will get a Coffee Corner Connoisseur badge, it’s one of the badges we created for the Coffee Corner! 

image001.png

The winner of our Coffee with a View Photography Competition 2023 will win three SAP-branded items:

• An SAP-branded powerbank
  • An SAP-branded bottle opener
  • An SAP Community T-shirt

The winner will also have a chance to have a virtual coffee chat with @craigcmehil, member of SAP Community Engagement Management Team. It will be an amazing opportunity to gain first-hand insights to our Community and expand your network!

I can't wait to see your pictures and let's come together to fill this picture board with beautiful views!

Coffee w a view social post gif (3).png

193 REPLIES 193

The only word that I can think of is WOW. @raghavendrahegd 

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Wuooohh! This is just breathtaking! What a view 😍

Stunning! 

A good one...

Looks great... 🙂

StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

#Coffeewithaview in the Big Apple!🍎 #ILOVENY #thecitythatneversleeps @Anaer such a fun initiative! Thank you! NYC coffee with a view 2023.jpg

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I hope you enjoyed your vacation in NY @StephanieMarley. Check out the stunning San Francisco view that Tomas_Buryanek posted! 😍

Oh wow, nice view with a coffee, I❤️NY 🙂

-- Tomas --

Punith_Oswal
Participant

"Where Coffee Meets the Sky: A Brew Above Dubai's Clouds"

Immersed in the most delightful coffee experience of my life, I savored the view from the 72nd floor, Dubai's vibrant tapestry unfurling before me. With a mug in hand, my summer vacation became a symphony of flavors and breathtaking sights.

#coffeewithaview @Anaer Coffee in the sky :)Coffee in the sky 🙂

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Wow! I always wanted to visit Dubai... This picture reminds me of the song "on top of the world" from Imagine Dragons.🏢

Jagad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Welcome back to the office! :)Welcome back to the office! 🙂

#Coffeewithaview from Barcelona Office! 

I am beyond excited to be back in the office, ready to rock and roll after what feels like forever in the virtual realm. It's time to trade those pajamas for business casual, reunite with the office coffee machine, and rediscover the joy of spontaneous conversations in the coffee corner. I've missed the laughter, camaraderie, and energy of my colleagues in our workspace. Let's embrace this moment to reconnect, collaborate, and make some incredible memories together. Welcome back, folks, let's make the office buzz with our awesomeness!

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

It's really exciting to be back in the office and especially when it's beautifully decorated like this. Did you manage to keep the mug as a souvenir? 🙂 

Jagad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

As much as I want to, I think it is SAP property haha. Really happy to meet my colleagues again! 🙂

Former Member

Late to the party but here is my contribution: Coffee with a view in Europapark at the KaffiHuis and the BlueFire roller coaster in the background:

483A9366-16B3-40CD-AA28-71F2C9E9CD29.jpeg

And before you ask: Yes, I did enjoy this ride on previous visits just not this time (yet) as the queue was too long with about 50 minutes to wait. I did however already enjoy SilverStar this morning which lets you experience ZeroG a few times if you dare to not hold tight!

Cheers

Bärbel

Love the pic - better late than never! And "no thanks" to the rollercoaster 😊 you are a braver person than me!!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Same as @Katherine_K , "no thanks" to the rollercoaster, I have never been on one.😁 But it's an existing view (I am sure you heard people screaming at the same time)!

Former Member

Yes, Anaer, there was „some“ but joyful screaming! Should perhaps have done a video instead of a photo!

Just a quick update: This morning, the queue wasn‘t too long, so I did ride BlueFire and here is the official image to prove that I did and was having fun!

C659CD6C-A17A-4918-BCB6-6B49DF831EEF.jpeg

Cheers

Bärbel

I do not see any cup of coffee in your hands in this photo, Bärbel 😜

😅😁😄

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Former Member

Too funny, Vitaliy! Holding a cup of coffee through a looping and 2 or 3 corkscrews would be just a wee bit tricky - esp. without spilling anything!

But then it would be the top first-place photo 🥇 no questions asked!

0 Kudos

I would love to see that photo @Former Member  @Vitaliy-R  - LOL 😂

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

100% agree 😁

markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

due to centrifugal forces the coffee should rest in the cup in the same way that you are resting in the seat. Maybe some fine tuning would be needed when accelerating or braking. Should be worth a try 😉

Perhaps we need to ask Europapark to either add a coffe-cup holder to the seats or relax their safety rules "somewhat"? 😀

BaerbelW_0-1688992635872.png

With the Silver Star ride, they actually have a display mounted along the waiting area showcasing severely damaged mobile phones which their owners presumably hadn't properly secured and which then took a different flight path ...

0 Kudos

Was thinking the same @markteichmann  - too bad, that they don't allow it @Former Member 😅

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I guess you don't need coffee anymore after this existing rollercoaster drive 😂

It's really amazing 🙂 

#Coffeewithaview 

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

My #coffeewithaview in Wiesbaden downtown, taking a moment to pause and enjoying an iced caramel macchiato. Although surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city, I always get to take a little break from the daily grind and just switch off for a moment. 

IMG_1456.jpg

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

How nice! Love a good cup of iced latte in summer days 😋

TeaView.png
Winter memories with my family in Erlangen, sipping morning tea on the terrace. Nothing beats the combo of tea with a view like this 😍

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I always drink tea more often on winter days!😊 

The sight of a clear blue sky during the winter is a rare treat in Germany!💌

Indeed it's a rare one 😛

SugguSandeep
Active Participant

Untitled design.jpg

Stressed, blessed, and coffee obsessed

#Coffeewithaview

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Cool office view! Where are you located?😊

former_member150828
Discoverer

Hello all 

Happy to meet you for the reason of Coffee. In India, we have the name Chai vala for Tea lovers (chai means Tea). but I am preferring the name for us as a Coffee Gang.😁

Coffee with BrownieCoffee with Brownie 

Anaer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Cool! What does vala mean? Can we call ourselves "Coffee Vala"?😁 

0 Kudos

I love the chai tea in India @former_member150828 😋

vobu
Active Contributor

here's one right before this year's re>≡CAP unconference (https://recap-conf.dev) was about to start.
the calm before the storm in the AudiMax at St. Leon-Rot:

~20min before ~500pax flooded the room :)~20min before ~500pax flooded the room 🙂