Coffee Corner Discussions
Get to know other SAP Community members during your coffee break. Join discussions on a variety of topics in a casual environment.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who knew hanging out in a corner to discuss things could earn you a badge?

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, it’s true! Today we’re launching a new mission and badge that involves just that:

• Hanging out with other community members

• In the Coffee Corner

• Discussing things that might be considered “off topic” in the product areas of our community (meaning fun things, or at least not-necessarily-product things)

Sound interesting and enjoyable? It is. Participating in the Coffee Corner discussions a great way to connect on a more social level with your fellow SAP Community members. I find I spend a few minutes in the Coffee Corner every couple of days, and there’s usually something interesting to read in there, and sometimes I’ll join in with my own thoughts or opinions.

So, to encourage more community members to take a look and also to make the leap to posting (a discussion or a reply), on this International Coffee Day, we’re launching the Coffee Corner Connoisseur mission.

How do you achieve this mission? Post a new discussion, or reply to an existing discussion, at least once a month for three months in a row, and this lovely badge will be yours:

NOTE: This badge is awarded on a monthly basis, so please be patient if you believe you've met the requirements but have not seen your badge yet.

And to start this off right, we’re awarding the badge today to those members who have already earned it based on their previous activity in the Coffee Corner. Congratulations to all of you surprise recipients!

ace-sap
martin.hinderer
agentry_src
mateuszadamus
8b889d0e8e6f4ed39f6c58e35664518f
matt.fraser
db8ac33b71d34a778adf273b064c4883
matthew.billingham
caroleigh.deneen
michael.appleby
chris.bosler
c436ae948d684935a91fce8b976e5aa7
christopher.solomon
mike.pokraka
craig.cmehil
7a519509aed84a2c9e6f627841825b5a
dell.stinnett-christy
moshe.naveh2
denis.konovalov
nic.teunckens
eli.klovski
oddss
fire.fighter
osvaldo.lopez
florian.henninger
bfeeb8ed7fa64a7d95efc21f74a8c135
ffad982802c345bdb6e7377a267f27ce
ppioentry.ppioentry
frdric.girod
raghug
Former Member
raphael.almeida
ian.rayner
richard.harper
jcantrell
rob.dielemans
jelena.perfiljeva
robert.russell2
jelena.perfiljeva2
sajid.amir4
jeremy.good
sandra.rossi
jerry.janda
scott.raines3
93b1c542d4984f0e9a75a57ce6030ff3
simone.milesi
jrgen.lins
skabir
02697040d5824f4a9d8fb38b1a40074f
steffi.warnecke
lakshmipathi.ganesan
3b25c79e4ade4481aeb1b5125041254c
lars.breddemann
susan.keohan
lukas.weigelt
svea.becker
m.lee
vadim.kalinin
maheshkumar.palavalli
veselina.peykova
manfred.klein3
vicen.lozano
manish.kumar17
volkerbarth
b1fc906998264958b81574c23baebd57
yogesh.patel3

So, whether you like coffee, or tea, or some other beverage, I hope you’ll join us soon in the Coffee Corner and get involved in the discussions. We look forward to “seeing” you there!
12 REPLIES 12

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
Wow!  A badge for going to have fun!  I like it.   It's a fun place to go for a variety of different reasons.   But it quickly became the old fashioned "water cooler" for me.  A place to chat with others.

I hope you stop by the virtual water cooler with all of us.  It's fun!   And look we even get a really cool badge.  Thank you oddss  and team.

BTW - whenever, I'm having a really bad day it's a huge help.  Yes, like every place else on the net, it's easily accessible, so I do watch what I type.  (Well most of the time.  There is an edit button.)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
Great to see that my love for coffee not only gets recognized but also helps to resurrect my long-dead "grey as stone" profile.

And Jelena seems to be doing nothing else with her life, then hanging out in the coffee corner, given that two of her profiles made it into the list. #lifegoals 🙂

Jelena
Active Contributor
I'm gaming the system with two profiles! 🙂 Looks like the badge has been issued retroactively. I haven't even been to CC in some time.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
We should report you to the moderators! Oh wait.... 😉

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
I like this new badge, but, it looks like more to a tea cup than to a coffee mug.

Is it possible to have a mug badge ? 😉

Thanks to animate this community !!

Fred

You're right, it looks like an old fashioned cup. They use this cup type still for coffee in these classic coffee houses here in Europe (think of Vienna e.g.). You most likely won't find that type at Starbucks...

I'll be going (hopefully) to Vienna end of the year, so I can report first hand which kind of ceramics they give me along with my Sachertorte 🙂

Oh man, now you're making me want to return to Austria. I got to spend all of a few hours in Salzburg last year, and I fell in love with the place.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
Cool! Duly promoted to showcase badge 🙂

joachimrees1
Active Contributor
wow, what a nice idea, thanks!

former_member1702
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Audrey,

I have participated in Coffee Corner Discussions every month for three months in a row ( February, March and April, 2021). But I have not got any Batch.

oddss

tammy.powlas3

matt.fraser

amanda.mountain

l_stodal

susan.keohan

juliarusso

As per this blog, it is not required to participate for more than three months.

So it is wrong to check for four months.

Regards,

Osman.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi osman.s - I reached out to you via DM 🙂

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.