CRM and CX Blogs by SAP
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments and product news about intelligent customer experience and CRM technologies through blog posts from SAP experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dear Community!

Today, we would like to introduce to you SAP Universal ID and the team behind this mission, before sharing the latest news.

What is SAP Universal ID?

Our quick and very simplified explanation:

It’s like the Apple-ID for everyone in the SAP world. You will be able to link your S-users and P-users under one ID, represented by an email address and use it to login to SAP.

If you would like to learn more about the background of SAP Universal ID, please take a look here:

We are a highly motivated team of innovative people, aiming to enable a simple user management experience. For this mission, we are joining forces with various teams within SAP to create and deliver a future vision of a simple, state of the art user login and authorization concept based on SAP Customer Data Cloud (formerly Gigya). In order to keep you informed on our progress and achievements, Rosa Gast and I are starting this blog post series, where we will continuously share the latest news on SAP Universal ID.

Collaborating with SAP for Me, we delivered the very first milestone of SAP Universal ID (UID) at the DSAG Annual Congress 2019 in Nuremberg.

SAP Universal ID is live on SAP for Me. What’s in for me?

In short: If you are an SAP for Me user, have created a UID account and linked multiple of your personal S-user IDs to it, you can login to SAP for Me with your UID and simply choose one of your linked accounts without having to provide S-user ID and password each time.

As for our latest achievement, we would like to announce today, that we have enabled the conditional login, providing you with the option to login with your UID, on SAP ONE Support Launchpad as well!

What will change in the Login UI?

Following the introduction of SAP Universal ID, the SAP ONE Support Launchpad logon screen has slightly been changed: Visitors are asked to enter their user ID on the first screen and the password on a separate, second screen.

After you have signed in with your UID, you will be prompted to select one of the S-user IDs that you have linked to your UID in order to further proceed to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad.

There won’t be an effect on S-user passports which still can be used by having Single-Sign On. The behavior and interactions of these platforms will still stay the same.

What benefit does SAP Universal ID provide during login?

Universal ID can show you all the linked information of your multiple S- or P-user accounts in a consolidated account selector after you logged on to SAP for Me or SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
You don’t have to remember your S-user IDs and passwords anymore.

What are the next steps?

We are driving the adoption of SAP Universal ID throughout the complete SAP landscape.

Stay tuned to learn what’s next…

Your SAP Universal ID Team

rosa.gast & cornelia.mitschke
14 Comments