Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hello Readers,

This blog has be decommissioned as this was created with earlier features of EC Timesheet and had   few know restriction which might not render useful for many customer. We will hope to find a solution for this scenario based only upcoming features.

10 Comments
Jwalasuccess
Explorer
0 Kudos
nice update with new feature
Manjunath_BK
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Nice Blog Parthiban..
0 Kudos
Very well-written blog !! Thanks for sharing the info.
garladinne
Participant
0 Kudos
Useful info Parthiban! Thanks!
cesarsantamar
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Parthiban,

Thanks for sharing this blog.

I have tried to restrict the employee to enter those time records but i am getting this message in the rule: "Retrieved 'EmployeeTimeSheet.employeeTimeValuationResult'. Value: 'null'". Do you know what could be causing this issue?

Thanks & Regards

Hi Cesar,

This error comes when the time type you enter is not evaluated. One of our colleague came up with the same error and it was solved.

Make sure the time type you enter is getting evaluated in the rule, because if the if condition is "booking date" from evaluated result and not from timesheet date.  Hope this resolves your issue.
cesarsantamar
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Parthiban,

The rule was not working because the field "Time Pay Type" in "Time type Group" was set to "No". I changed it to "Yes" and now the rule is being triggered.

Thanks a lot for your Help!
former_member24476
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Parthiban,

This is a good idea, but as per Timesheet Engineering, this configuration has a little flaw. If there is already a record in the previous month in the time sheet that overlaps two months, then the rule will prevent the update of this two-months-time-sheet. So far there is no proper solution to cover this requirement, too.

Thank you!

Benedict
0 Kudos
Hi Benedict,

True, infact i'm trying to address it in our product discussion internally.

Regards,

Parthiban
0 Kudos

Hi Parthiban,

Thank you for blog.. It is very helpful.

I tried the same business rule for restrict the employees for past 7 days.

If employees try to record the timesheet before the (today - 7days). it should throw an error.

In this case, let take a example (Today - 10/05/2021) if he try to update two days back (10/03/2021) system should not throw the error. But it is not working as expected.  system taking the (10/26/2021) records also for consideration.

Is there any possibilities to achieve the above case