Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralf_Mundt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
At SAP, we deeply value the indispensable role that system administrators play in our customers' organizations. They are the driving force behind successful HR operations, ensuring that our solutions deliver maximum value and efficiency. We appreciate the immense responsibility and dedication required for this critical role.

With each release, we are committed to empowering system administrators and enhancing their experience. In our latest release for the second half of 2023, we have put in a lot of effort to bring you new and innovative features that will make your work easier and more enjoyable. I am delighted to share some of the highlights with you.

Configuration Transport Center: Enhancements for Seamless Configuration Management

We're excited to announce a significant update to our software with the introduction of the Configuration Transport Center. Formerly known as the Configuration Center, this name change better captures the essence of its capabilities. The Configuration Transport Center is designed to help you effortlessly manage the movement of configuration changes from development and test tenants to the productive tenant.

Change projects often involve complex processes that require automation and meticulous auditing of changes made to the production system. With the Configuration Transport Center, you can ensure an end-to-end trail from requirement to delivery, providing you with peace of mind and streamlined workflows.

In our latest 2H 2023 release, we have made substantial enhancements to the Configuration Transport Center, transforming it into a comprehensive tool for system administrators. Now, you can easily view and download configurations for troubleshooting purposes, as well as trigger automated transportation from the development tenant to QA and production tenants.

Our latest enhancements include robust configuration support for standard and customer objects, corporate or country-specific data models, business configuration UI (BCUI), legacy foundation objects, and business rules, among others. We've also introduced new features that help you avoid conflicting changes and ensure enhanced audit compliance.

To further aid in audit purposes, we've introduced an enhanced import history functionality. This feature provides you with a complete overview of configuration changes, allowing you to track and analyze every modification made.

Additionally, administrators can now take advantage of the 'add-to-transport-bundle' feature, which streamlines the configuration change management process. This new capability simplifies the task of bundling related configuration changes together, making it easier to manage and deploy updates.

With the Configuration Transport Center, we're committed to empowering system administrators with a comprehensive and user-friendly tool that simplifies configuration change management. Say goodbye to manual processes and hello to streamlined workflows and enhanced audit compliance.

Configuration Transport Center

Email Notifications: Streamlined Monitoring and Enhanced Security

Monitoring email notifications is another critical task for system administrators. To simplify this process, we have introduced the email monitoring report in our latest release. This report enables you to monitor the delivery status of notification emails and diagnose any failed deliveries efficiently. Furthermore, we have implemented measures to enhance email security by validating that only customer-owned email domains are used as a single sender.

Monitoring email notifications is another important responsibility for system administrators. With our latest software release, we are excited to introduce the email monitoring report, designed to streamline this process. This report empowers you to track the delivery status of notification emails with ease and swiftly troubleshoot any failed deliveries.

In addition, we have taken steps to bolster email security. Our software now includes a validation mechanism that ensures only customer-owned email domains are utilized as a single sender. This enhancement guarantees a higher level of protection for your email communications. It is worth noting that this innovation was ranked as one of the top five requests from our customers as part of the SAP Continuous Influence program for SAP SuccessFactors solutions.

Email delivery status

Did I pique your interest for more information? If so, I highly recommend checking out the What's New Viewer in the SAP Help Portal. It's the best place to stay updated with our latest release innovations.

Additionally, I encourage you to explore other exciting highlights. To get started, I suggest watching Amy Wilson's informative overview video and browsing through the release highlights document. You can find both resources on our Product Release & Road Map Information page.

11 Comments
Participant
Thanks for sharing insightful blog Appreciated
Mr_Spock
Participant
I would welcome it, if SAP could finally manage to connect the embedded SAC to Successfactors in  such a way that it also represents a stable and reliable (!) analytics platform.
As long as this is not the case, nobody at SAP needs to worry about switching off the legacy reporting tools.

I just spent two hours trying to customise the mail story template. I give up now. Pages are not displayed, long loading times, endless loading bubbles, things are not saved.
In short: not usable at the moment.
JDB247
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Ralf,

Does the Configuration Transport Centre cover everything i.e. CTC is now the only place to use for transportation of configuration between instances and this transaction covers all configuration in SuccessFactors?

Previously "Instance Synchronisation" had to be used for certain configuration - or at least that is how our implementation partner explained it.

Clarification on this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JensBr
Explorer
0 Kudos
I am surprised. You write specifically to the admins in the blog and then deliver this? As a system admin, I want to see the mails as they are actually sent out and not with nicely prepared labels in a report. Real data for real admins.
And you sell it as an innovation that you can finally "transport" a small part of the data between systems. How many attempts have there been so far? 3? And all this while we still need a provisioning consultant for many areas and can't look into the system ourselves?
Perhaps admins are not the right target group.
hariprasadgud
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi jdb247 , CTC can be used for all configurations across Talent, Employee Central, RBP Groups, Business Rules, Data Models, BCUI etc..

There are few configurations i.e Form Label Translations, Competencies, Families and Roles, Comp Var Lookup Table, RBP Roles and Workflow Groups which are yet to be migrated from IST to CTC. For these configurations please continue to use IST.

Thanks,

Hari
pboulicaut
Participant
I share the view of Jens,

CTC is again a failed attempt to

create transport packages in SuccessFactors.

can SAP explains the Configuration Use Cases that are

READY as of H2-2023 release to use it. ?

customers and partners have RUN operations to take care where correct versions of changes is critical and these supposes that 100% of changed objects or features are on the same transport package.

where is the time saving or quality ré-enforcement when 80% is in a package And still 20% is done manually in provisioning ?
hariprasadgud
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Philippe BOULICAUT,

Thank you for your feedback.

We've observed a substantial uptick in customer usage of CTC for transporting configurations across their tenants, particularly with the H2 2023 release. This surge in adoption spans various modules such as Employee Central, Talent, Platform, etc.

CTC currently serves as the primary tool with extensive coverage, and for the configurations not yet covered, IST remains a supported alternative. Our ongoing efforts are directed towards transitioning and consolidating all configuration transportation activities into CTC, making it the go-to solution for our users.

It's important to note that while CTC is a powerful tool for configuration transport, it doesn't replace SF provisioning.

Best regards,

Hari
Ralf_Mundt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi John,

In addition to Hari's reply, here are two links that provide more detailed information that you may find helpful:

• Our product documentation lists the product areas where configurations are supported. LINK

• A blog from Hari himself  🙂    LINK

Best, Ralf
Ralf_Mundt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Christoph,

Sorry to hear that you're not having a good experience with embedded SAC so far. I have forwarded your feedback to our Product Management team, and from what I can see, they have already contacted you to resolve these issues.

Best, Ralf
JDB247
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Hari and Ralf

ralf.mundt hariprasad.gudivada
Ralf_Mundt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Jens,

Regarding the email notification report -- this is a new functionality on top of the existing capabilities. Of course, you still have access to individual emails in detail.

As for the configuration transport center, the idea is to just transport configuration data. To copy all data, we provide the instance refresh tool. Yes, there are still configurations that require provisioning, but we are covering large product areas already, and more is on the roadmap for 2024.

For more details, please have a look at the following links.

Documentation

Blog

Best, Ralf