Hello to all!
In this post, I highlight the available Finance related offerings available today on learning.sap.com for free.
Finance is crucial in SAP implementations as it is the backbone of any organization's operations. SAP S/4HANA integrates various financial modules that streamline and automate financial processes, including accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and cash management. Implementing SAP finance modules effectively ensures accurate financial data, efficient financial operations, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Finance provides comprehensive visibility into financial transactions, enabling real-time monitoring and analysis of financial performance. It facilitates better decision-making by providing accurate financial insights and reports to key stakeholders, such as executives, managers, and auditors. Additionally, integrating finance with other SAP modules, such as sales, procurement, and production, enhances overall business efficiency and enables seamless data flow across departments.
Right now, the whole learning team responsible for producing finance content is working hard on expanding the learning offerings available on learning.sap.com. The team's focus in the current year is on the business user, meaning most of the enablement available and being built will focus on how to use SAP S/4HANA to perform core financial business tasks.
I want to highlight the available offerings and write a few words for who they might be for:
I will keep you all updated for new offerings in the area of finance, but for now, I hope you have enough content to dive into and start learning 🙂
@Stefanos - Can you share what prerequisite finance knowledge is needed here?
General ledger accounting, Financial reporting, Treasury, Management Accounting. Etc.
What about specifically to C_S4CFI_2308 SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Finance 2308 ?
Hi David, to prepare you for studying for the certification, I would first do the learning journey Overview of Financials in SAP S/4HANA. This gives a good first overview of each of these topics and will help you when going through the content that leads you to the certification C_S4CFI_2308 SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Finance 2308.
Some knowledge of accounting would also be good when going into any finance course, if you are starting from a complete blank slate, a basic 4-6 hour introductory course found online can help with this, depending on the topic. A basic course like can help you not be completely lost.
Hi @Stefanos, thank you very much for your useful article. I have a question about the SAP certificates learning path for an FICO consultant.
Currently I am working as a FICO consultant in oil refinery industry. I am making my very first steps by searching for certifications needed for an FICO consultant. I aware that I should start from Associate level to Professional level. However, the certifications list still confuses me a little bit.
Hereunder is some certs that I think can support to my career path:
1. SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Finance 2308 Get certified in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, public edition - Finance | SAP Learning
2. SAP Certified Application Associate - Business Foundation & Integration with SAP ERP 6.07 Get certified for Business Foundation and Integration with SAP ERP 6.07 | SAP Learning
3. SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA for Financial Accounting Associates (SAP S/4HANA 2021) Get certified in SAP S/4HANA for Financial Accounting Associates (SAP S/4HANA 2021) | SAP Learning
4. SAP Certified Application Associate - SAP S/4HANA for Management Accounting Associates (SAP S/4HANA 2021) Get certified in SAP S/4HANA for Management Accounting Associates (SAP S/4HANA 2021) | SAP Learning
My questions are:
1. Except the article 1, the others seems valid from 2 years ago. Do SAP have any new release certificates?
2. Are the above certs provide me a good SAP fundamental knowledge (include FI, CO, configuration, etc.)?
3. What the roadmap of certs I should follow for my better knowledge?
It's great that you are interested in finance consulting 🙂
Most people coming into the consulting area of finance for SAP S/4HANA start with the 3rd one on your list. That is also what I would propose for you. Financial accounting will give you a good core knowledge of customizing in the finance area, and you can then choose to expand into other areas or specialize further in financial accounting.
We plan to update certifications for the 2023 release, but these will come towards Q2 next year (tentatively), so I wouldn't wait personally.
Some of the free learning journeys above can help you get started with the topic, but (for now) SAP learning content explicitly preparing you for the certification is available only within the SAP learning hub.