Human Capital Management Blogs by Members
Gain valuable knowledge and tips on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite and human capital management market from member blog posts. Share your insights with a post of your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngadJadhav
Participant
When organizations undertake a mission to replace their old legacy systems, they face a daunting task of enabling their employees to use the new systems and finally adopt those systems.

For example, SAP offers industry-focused solutions to organizations from various industries (e.g., Manufacturing, Healthcare, Pharma, etc.) to help them optimize, extend, and transform their core business processes. When one such organization plans to implement SAP systems, a careful provision needs to be made to educate End Users about how to use the new SAP systems.

The employees from the Client’s organization who will finally use the new systems are called End Users.

In this blog post, I will explain how End-User expectations have changed recently in terms of learning about a new system/software.

I will share my views based on my experiences in the Learning space.

Today, End Users:

• Prefer to learn at work.

• Prefer to learn at the point of need.

• Prefer to learn at their own pace.

• Prefer enablement in the flow of work.

Even organizations expect a faster and scalable adoption solution for their employees to adopt the new systems.

To meet the changed expectations, as a Learning Consultant, I will suggest going for “Progressive Performance Support” or “Advanced Performance Support”.

In my opinion, Advanced Performance Support is:

• Embedded directly within the target application.

• Context Sensitive, showing only what is relevant to the users.

• Instantly available when the users need it.

Here comes the Digital Adoption Platform or DAP, which helps me offer Advanced Performance Support to my Clients.

Let’s understand more about Digital Adoption.

I have recommended Digital Adoption Solution to multiple Clients as part of my End-User Enablement Strategy. Digital Adoption is enabled by activating Information Layer directly on the live screens of a system, as indicated in the picture below. This layer is also called User Adoption layer, which enables the users in the flow of work and generates user satisfaction. This User Adoption layer also helps End Users maintain their productivity and proficiency when they start using the new system.

Here are the key features of Digital Adoption:

• Depending on where a user is in the system, the Digitial Adoption solution recognizes the user's location and shows the relevant content.

• Users can now learn while they work, and work while they learn.

• Users do not need to hunt for knowledge/learning outside the live system.

By creating customer-specific custom Digital Adoption content for End Users and directly embedding it within the live system (e.g., SAP), we actually give superpower to End Users to boost their productivity and performance from day one after the new system goes live in the organization.

Digital Adoption is also called In-Application Context-Sensitive Help. When users start consuming the learning directly embedded within the live system, they feel that the guidance is:

• JUST ENOUGH

• JUST FOR ME

• JUST IN TIME

• JUST IN PLACE

I have had a wonderful experience with SAP Enable Now tool to generate Digital Adoption content (In-Application Context-Sensitive Help) as part of various SAP S/4 Implementation programs.

With SAP Enable Now, we can create the following types of Digital Adoption content.

Thank you for reading this lost.
1 Comment
Labels in this area