SAP Training and Change Management
Teilt Eure Erfahrungen, News sowie Perspektiven als Blog Post und bekommt Updates zu Training und Change Management im SAP Umfeld.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeawithThi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

One of the most cited reasons of why transformation activities fail is resistance to change. 

But that sounds so negative, or at least it does not have the best connotation. Today I want to write about the positive side, Digital Adoption and how Digital Adoption can be experienced in the context with SAP Signavio. 

Following the call to action by @ThomasJenewein to participate in the Blog Challenge around Digital Adoption, enjoy my contribution. I carefully read his recent post and I must say, that I can only recommend anyone interested in the topic of Digital Adoption - this is your starting point! 

So what could I humbly add today? 

Today I want to share some observations (maybe even: insights?!) I have had regarding Digital Adoption in the context of SAP Signavio, from a personal point of view as well as what I have seen from customers adopting SAP Signavio. 

Here some of the key topics in summary: 

1. Easy to use is a very hard thing to do - but it is always worth it
  2. Nobody needs or wants perfect
  3. The overall experience always beats singular highlights

So let's dig a bit deeper into each of these topics. 

1. Easy to use is a very hard thing to do - but it is always worth it

Customers choose SAP Signavio for different reasons and challenges, from making sure they keep best of both worlds in the integration of an acquired company, implementing SAP S/4HANA, driving continuous process improvement programs and the like to just name a few. There are also many reasons in terms of capabilities why SAP Signavio is chosen, whether it is scale, ready available content, the sheer speed to set it up, and so forth. 

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 16.39.26.png

One reason which I also hear, often towards the end of the list of appraisals, is the fact that SAP Signavio is very intuitive and easy to use. I think this is a very important aspect of making sure the transformation is successful. People like simplicity and achieving simplicity is hard to do. But easy to enjoy. And resistance to change is plentiful. 

When I show for example the QuickModeler within SAP Signavio Process Manager, often the audience wants to do it themselves immediately. This is a true example of quick Digital Adoption. It is easy, but not dumbed down. Experts can still use innovative capabilities, but making it more accessible to a broad audience from line operator to C-Suite, is a cornerstone of successful transformations as well. People want to be creators of their own transformation, not mere bystanders. 

2. Nobody needs or wants perfect

At times I am getting caught in a discussion around "Can SAP Signavio do this? - Can SAP Signavio do that?", it is inevitable that sometimes there comes a point where I must say "No." However, instead of a disheartened or frustrated face, more often than not, the prospect customer just wanted to make sure to keep expectations right. After all, we wouldn't expect the next iPhone to be a coffee machine, too.

It is nice to see that most customers asking for our solutions do not expect them to be perfect in all aspects, however, they value the holistic approach knowing that they are "not buying a one-trick pony". Because perfect software that is not used, is not really perfect at all. What they want is the confidence that they have speed and agility - which, simplified is our credo of "Faster time to insight, faster time to adapt."

This can be shown in the below clip on how we are going from SAP Signavio Process Insights seamlessly to SAP Signavio Process Manager and then to SAP Signavio Process Intelligence. Yes, you can make a 1:1 comparison of each button and dropdown, but this is not what customers want. The decision makers of our customers understand that Digital Adoption is not only driven by the first point of usability, but of course speed and quality of value creation, whether it is data-driven insights along a process chain or process performance. And that requires an approach and methodology. 

3. The overall experience always beats singular highlights

This final point is actually just the outcome of point 1 and 2.

Easy to use means more use and good value means even more usage. So yes, maybe another software vendor has a nicer button here or there, but our SAP Signavio solutions are tied into an overall experience of value creation for the customer across process analysis, mining, modeling, journey modeling and experience management as well. 

Yet to make it work faster, we do also have so called value accelerators like #PlugandGain, metrics, process flows, process performance indicators, Best Practice Models across Industries, Use cases, partner content, ... 

suite-graphic+full.png 

But before I sound too pitchy, let's revisit Resistance to change. Resistance to change is a bit of an antonym of effective, fast and fun Digital Adoption. And while #BusinessProcessManagement might not make the next party conversation (why not!?), maybe stories of happy people achieving their visions, tackling their challenges through creating value might. 

And yes, probably one of the most exciting recent news is the addition of #LeanIX, but more about this on another day... 

1 Comment